HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal-Minnesota (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333073)

boomboom 01-25-2013 09:31 PM

Montreal-Minnesota

to Montreal:
CLAYTON STONER
MATT KASSIAN
1rst round pick

to Minnesota:
YANNICK WEBER
TOMAS KABERLE (plays this year and buyout next summer if Wild does not want him)
LARS ELLER
2nd round pick

vokiel 01-25-2013 09:39 PM

I don't think the Wild has the cap space to do this now.

+ Why do they need Eller?

I'd like Stoner in Montreal though, sure.

Dampland 01-25-2013 09:45 PM

Wild say no thanks. Change it to just Kassian for a 2nd rounder and we might be interest.

MK9 01-25-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomboom (Post 58357179)
to Montreal:
CLAYTON STONER
MATT KASSIAN
1rst round pick

to Minnesota:
YANNICK WEBER
TOMAS KABERLE (plays this year and buyout next summer if Wild does not want him)
LARS ELLER
2nd round pick

No. Why? Nevermind. Just, no. Gross.

Pax Macioretty 01-25-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dampland (Post 58358377)
Wild say no thanks. Change it to just Kassian for a 2nd rounder and we might be interest.

Matt Kassian for a 2nd round pick? :laugh:

Billy Mays Here* 01-25-2013 10:21 PM

The only Montreal player that might interest me in this proposal is Weber, but now that the Wild are using Brodin I don't think we need him either.

Polaris 01-25-2013 10:25 PM

This might be a tad off-topic, but why does Lars Eller's name keep popping up in trade proposals? Is he in the doghouse in Montreal or is he just becoming increasingly expendable due to the emergence of Alex Galchenyuk (and possible others)?

It seems like he made some big strides in his development last season, I can't imagine what he could have done in a handful of games to push himself into trade consideration.

Richiebottles 01-25-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris (Post 58361023)
This might be a tad off-topic, but why does Lars Eller's name keep popping up in trade proposals? Is he in the doghouse in Montreal or is he just becoming increasingly expendable due to the emergence of Alex Galchenyuk (and possible others)?

It seems like he made some big strides in his development last season, I can't imagine what he could have done in a handful of games to push himself into trade consideration.

Combination of both but more of him being in the doghouse right now... Too bad because I like his game.

Polaris 01-26-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richiebottles (Post 58361679)
Combination of both but more of him being in the doghouse right now... Too bad because I like his game.

Me too. I can't see any reason for the Habs to trade a young two-way forward with potential to spare unless he's part of a package for a first line/top-pairing talent. It seems like a lot of the proposals he's involved in are for lateral replacements or draft picks.

It's a shame that the Blues have so much depth at forward at the moment, I'd love to have him back in the fold in St. Louis.