HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Quinton Howden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333103)

Knightmare 01-25-2013 10:03 PM

Quinton Howden

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/flo...uinton-howden/

JP Mick 01-25-2013 10:37 PM

Panthers are grasping for straws here, Howden hasn't exactly been lighting it up in the AHL. He's been getting better but is definitely still adjusting to the pro game.

JonathanHuberdoh 01-26-2013 12:13 AM

Looks like one of or both Flash and Weiss will be out for Saturday's game. :(

Howboutthempanthers 01-26-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Mick (Post 58361663)
Panthers are grasping for straws here, Howden hasn't exactly been lighting it up in the AHL. He's been getting better but is definitely still adjusting to the pro game.

I don't think it's about Howden as much as it is about the Panthers have so many injuries they don't have a choice. They almost have two full lines out with injuries.

Dr Beinfest 01-26-2013 12:49 AM

Well we can just call up James "Oh" Wright...

MickOlax 01-26-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest (Post 58368485)
Well we can just call up James "Oh" Wright...

:handclap: Nicely played sir.

Ghoste 01-26-2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers (Post 58367331)
I don't think it's about Howden as much as it is about the Panthers have so many injuries they don't have a choice. They almost have two full lines out with injuries.

Exactly. It's possible that we'll be without Weiss, Flash, and Steeger for tonight's game. If this is the case, Howden would then make 12 forwards.

Interested in seeing his pro debut. I've seen him use his speed and score a few nice goals for San Antonio. I'd be cool to see him make the score sheet.

-ghoste

ShootIt 01-26-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghoste (Post 58372431)
Exactly. It's possible that we'll be without Weiss, Flash, and Steeger for tonight's game. If this is the case, Howden would then make 12 forwards.

Interested in seeing his pro debut. I've seen him use his speed and score a few nice goals for San Antonio. I'd be cool to see him make the score sheet.

-ghoste

Oh lawd.

What happened to Flash?

Is our strength and conditioning coach a 5 year old?

LUUUUUIS 01-26-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 58372565)
Oh lawd.

What happened to Flash?

Not sure how, but seems like he got a cut on his foot during the last game. He didn't interview after the game and showed the media guys a blood soaked sock.

Looks like this season is turning into a prospects showcase. Let's see what Howden can do!

Laus723 01-26-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 58372565)
Oh lawd.

What happened to Flash?

Injuries are going to happen in a shortened season, did in football and basketball, too.

ShootIt 01-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 58373791)
Injuries are going to happen in a shortened season, did in football and basketball, too.

Seems like it always happens though to this team, shortened season or not.

Injuries are part of the game, of course, but the Panthers seem to be on the high end always

Dr Beinfest 01-26-2013 09:59 AM

We're on the high count for injuries but I still wouldn't think that makes the biggest deal.

I think what makes right now different is that our most valuable players are the ones sitting games out. Usually it's just random with Florida, but right now it's strictly the players who should otherwise be scoring goals.

PanthersHockey1 01-26-2013 12:17 PM

Im not crazy about all of these prospect being up with this team already. I think shore and howden should stay in the minors and be over prepared for their NHL debuts. Unfortunately injuries have a different idea.