HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Wrestling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Kane (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333273)

ClearedButNotOut 01-26-2013 02:13 AM

Kane

Does anyone else think it's a shame what they've done with his character?

For the length of his career he should have a longer list of accomplishments wouldn't you think?

Guess I'm just depressed about where he's at now and knowing he can't have many more years left...

We need old Kane back...:yo:

Fuzzy Bunny 01-26-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagining Defeat (Post 58370435)
Does anyone else think it's a shame what they've done with his character?

For the length of his career he should have a longer list of accomplishments wouldn't you think?

Guess I'm just depressed about where he's at now and knowing he can't have many more years left...

We need old Kane back...:yo:

The issue with Kane is that he is so old and near retirement that they can not give him the unstoppable monster role... especially with the push they have granted Big Show. It is a difficult position to have him between wild menace and comedy show. I haven't watch the show much lately - I'd flip back and forth from MNF during breaks - but from what I saw I found to be entertaining and that's better then him toiling away in the sub-Intercontinental/US Title Ranks.

There is very little left for him to do, the time for a lengthy world/wwe World Title reign so we just need to enjoy him while he is still around.

FromTheSide 01-26-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 58370643)
The issue with Kane is that he is so old and near retirement that they can not give him the unstoppable monster role... especially with the push they have granted Big Show. It is a difficult position to have him between wild menace and comedy show. I haven't watch the show much lately - I'd flip back and forth from MNF during breaks - but from what I saw I found to be entertaining and that's better then him toiling away in the sub-Intercontinental/US Title Ranks.

There is very little left for him to do, the time for a lengthy world/wwe World Title reign so we just need to enjoy him while he is still around.

They've given big show AND mark henry gigantic pushes and kane is leaps and bounds more with his head still in the game than either, Especially when he's half the size :laugh:

Hackett 01-26-2013 05:07 AM

Its not the first time in kane's career that he has been swayed into the comedic route. I don't think I can take him seriously as a monster heel if they decide to turn him, without some significant time off, because this current role would be too fresh in my mind.

I'll watch Kane either way. He's doing a good job, as usual.

SCUDeriMISSILE 01-26-2013 08:04 AM

One of my all-time favorites. I still think he gets a World Title run before hanging them up, but he honestly doesn't look to be slowing down at all. He has always been severely underrated on the mic and continues to be incredibly athletic in the ring.

The fact that he's so versatile has been both a blessing and curse.

AfroThunder396 01-26-2013 09:47 AM

Until recently, Hell No was my favorite thing on the program. Hilarious promos and excellent ring work.

Dean Ambrose 01-26-2013 09:57 AM

Kane looks to be rejuvenated ever since he and Bryan teamed up. His in-ring work is still good for a guy his size and age.

I hope he gets another World title opportunity in the near future but if his 2010 reign was it, I'm fine with that. It was a good reign.

BigFatCat999 01-26-2013 10:30 AM

To be honest, I would not be surprised if he's looking at retirement.

Megahab 01-29-2013 02:52 PM

2010 had to have been his one final reign. The Kane character has been so damaged over the years. I haven't taken him seriously as a monster since 2003-2004. They always ruin any monster pushes by making him eventually do comedy stuff. Now the damage is so done, that I think he is best used in his current comedic role, where he can also be taken seriously as a competitor. I also think he's best used in tag teams where his partner can carry the load. I hope they don't split Team Hell No anytime soon.

CaptainCrunch67 01-29-2013 03:08 PM

I think that people forget that Kane has alternated pretty comedian roles with monster roles.

I still remember when he was with 6-pac and they came down to do color commentary and silent masked kane put on the headset and sat there and didn't say a word.

Glen Jacob's is actually a brilliant and very funny guy. I think that team hell no is a great fit for him, it allows him to ride off into the sunset a bit and have a lot of fun with it.

Dean Ambrose 01-29-2013 03:14 PM

Kane's probably the smartest person in the locker room.

Megahab 01-29-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince McMahon (Post 58607399)
Kane's probably the smartest person in the locker room.

Where did you hear that?

Dean Ambrose 01-29-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megahab (Post 58608091)
Where did you hear that?

Just a bunch of outside interviews and people backstage. He's very knowledgeable about way more than wrestling, his promos in 2010 were on another level and was like Jericho.

Foy 01-29-2013 03:38 PM

Well, considering David Otunga graduated from Harvard Law, I'm not sure that's as open and closed as you think.

Axman 01-29-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince McMahon (Post 58608235)
Just a bunch of outside interviews and people backstage. He's very knowledgeable about way more than wrestling, his promos in 2010 were on another level and was like Jericho.

From what I understand he used to author a political blog. I would think Sandow being the intellectual savior of the masses is the most intelligent. :nod:

txomisc 01-29-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axman (Post 58608729)
From what I understand he used to author a political blog. I would think Sandow being the intellectual savior of the masses is the most intelligent. :nod:

His blog disappeared for awhile and then returned but hasnt been updated in quite awhile. I've traded a few emails with him talking about politics and he comes across as a very nice and intelligent guy. He is really into economics and libertarian ideas in general.

As far as whats currently going on, im tired of it. Its worked pretty well and shows how versatile he and DB are but its run its course for me. I am extremely disappointed at the entire masked Kane return, to be honest. He comes back as a monster and immediately gets fed to Cena to overcome evil once again. Pretty lame.

ColePens 01-29-2013 05:41 PM

If anything i'm HAPPY with where Kane is. He's holding the tag team division together w/ DB. They are hilarious and damn good. It makes perfect sense. The big/quiet monster gimmick gets so old so quick. Rarely do big men keep a great career and when they do.. they are greats.

RussianRocket10 01-29-2013 06:53 PM

I think it would have been hard to keep the whole monster gimmick for his whole career. Fans usually get tired of gimmicks after a while. Just look at The Rock, people are starting to get tired of him and boo.

chuckdobbins 01-29-2013 07:05 PM

Perhaps the greatest big man of all time if you really think about it. The longevity of his career, and the fact that he can still work a good match with anyone, fits into just about any feud on any spot on the card.

I'm fine with his role, and it looks like he's having fun with it as well. I imagine they'll turn him loose as a heel eventually and split the tag team. Regarding how much he has left in him, I don't think he's really showing any signs that he's retiring soon.

EpochLink 01-29-2013 07:07 PM

Kane is Kane, whatever role he is in...I'll enjoy.

At this stage in his career, it's all good for business. He's had several years of success and why not keep him around, he can still put on a good match.

He's not selfish at all either, just a perfect guy to do business with.

kanuck87 01-29-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 58623295)
Perhaps the greatest big man of all time if you really think about it. The longevity of his career, and the fact that he can still work a good match with anyone, fits into just about any feud on any spot on the card.

I'm fine with his role, and it looks like he's having fun with it as well. I imagine they'll turn him loose as a heel eventually and split the tag team. Regarding how much he has left in him, I don't think he's really showing any signs that he's retiring soon.

I dont think he's retiring soon either. He looks like he's lost some weight over the years and actually looks like he's in the best shape ever since joining the WWE all those years ago.

Behn Wilson 01-29-2013 08:46 PM

Kane is Awesome and I love his current run with Team Hell No. They provide pure entertainment which is what wrestling is supposed to be.

I love a semi recent interview the two did on some radio show that I saw a clip of on the net. Daniel Bryan said to the interviewer,
"I hate Kane's pyro"

Kane spontaneously replied,
"I hate your beard"

It totally cracked me up, the whole interview was a riot. Plus their personal appearance with the young boy with cancer, Skull Crusher was classic also. These guys are great together and seem like they are two really cool guys in real life too.

Megahab 01-29-2013 09:06 PM

I don't get all the Kane love here. In the "Unpopular Wrestling Opinions", I said that he was overrated. The character has been booked so badly over the years and Kane is not that great in the ring.

What are Kane's best career matches? The only really good match of his that I can think of is the TLC match they had on Raw in 2002, and that match was helped by 6 other guys. He has solid matches when he's with the right opponent, but has he ever been in a match of the year candidate? I don't think he's anywhere close to being the best big man ever.

Eisen 01-29-2013 09:20 PM

Turn him into Isaac Yankem and make him a monster again. I was shocked at how easy he is to get out of the ring in the last few Rumbles for instant.

OK, no Isaac Yankem but a bit more monster wouldn't hurt.

Ozz 01-29-2013 09:56 PM

I'm amazed the character existed past, I don't know, 2002? That's amazing. I think the character sucks. It was OK when it was fresh, but after he started talking, could show his face, couldn't show his face, grew hair, etc. it was just ridiculous. And that's saying a lot considering the subject matter!