HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333361)

PricePkPatch 01-26-2013 08:47 AM

P.K. Subban Thread - MK VIII - 'Week-end of Angst' Edition
 
Continue from here

Man, this is becoming angsty. From us, from Subban, from other fanbases...

billy piton 01-26-2013 08:50 AM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Little or no progress made in PK Subban contract negotiations. Habs firm on 2 year deal, roughly $5 mil total. Offer sheet? Trade? Options.


this offer is joke. no way subban accepts this. and rightfully so.

TheCanasianfrasian 01-26-2013 08:54 AM

If we're to lose him i'd rather someone send him an offer sheet and we get 3 or 4 1st rounders.

Would you guys do Subban vs Dougie Hamilton and Jordan Caron?

E = CH² 01-26-2013 08:55 AM

If that offer is true Bergevin is the idiot he appears to be.

subbanged 01-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy piton (Post 58374581)
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Little or no progress made in PK Subban contract negotiations. Habs firm on 2 year deal, roughly $5 mil total. Offer sheet? Trade? Options.


this offer is joke. no way subban accepts this. and rightfully so.

It's exactly what the rangers do they abuse the Rfa's and overpay the fuss no ones left there yet

Marc the Habs Fan 01-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian (Post 58374697)
Would you guys do Subban vs Dougie Hamilton and Jordan Caron?

No. Caron stinks. And Boston doesn't have the cap room to give Subban a satisfactory contract anyway.

billy piton 01-26-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbanged (Post 58374743)
It's exactly what the rangers do they abuse the Rfa's and overpay the fuss no ones left there yet

that's not true... they gave marc staal 4m long term contract right after his elc.

Erik Estrada 01-26-2013 09:03 AM

Who's the source leaking all the contract and trade offers info?
-Meehan?
-Subban?
-Bergevin?
-GMs that talked to Bergevin?

29dryden29 01-26-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29
Ok so people dispute Carbo for his info he passes along yet Lavoie gets a free pass and is taken as gospel with his info.

"Both reports should be taken with a grain of salt.

But, here is what we know:

1) Carbonneau's rumour was shot down by the source. Dead in the water
2) Lavoie is a real journalist, unlike Carbonneau.
3) MacKenzie and Dreger reported roughly the same thing as Lavoie."


My question is this. Do you think his agent would admit to telling his client that he told him to sign the deal? Unless he ever leaves his client I doubt he would admit to it.

E = CH² 01-26-2013 09:04 AM

If this ends up in a trade, how confident are we that the guy who thinks Subban is worth 2.5M/per will be able to get equal value ?

Furthermore, how confident can we be in general going forward..

Habaneros 01-26-2013 09:05 AM

That contract offer is a joke...
I can't belive there holding Subban out on that offer....sick


150% behind ya Pk...

Watsatheo 01-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 58374967)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29
Ok so people dispute Carbo for his info he passes along yet Lavoie gets a free pass and is taken as gospel with his info.

"Both reports should be taken with a grain of salt.

But, here is what we know:

1) Carbonneau's rumour was shot down by the source. Dead in the water
2) Lavoie is a real journalist, unlike Carbonneau.
3) MacKenzie and Dreger reported roughly the same thing as Lavoie."


My question is this. Do you think his agent would admit to telling his client that he told him to sign the deal? Unless he ever leaves his client I doubt he would admit to it.

In that case, why would he tell Carbo and give permission to leak it as if he said it to him?

Roulin 01-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Estrada (Post 58374961)
Who's leaking all the contract and trade offers info?
-Meehan?
-Subban?
-Bergevin?
-GMs that talked to Bergevin?

If I were Meehan, I'd be leaking this info. Maybe media and public pressure can help push Bergevin. Maybe it won't, but what other options do they have, if the team's offer hasn't changed in months?

Dr Gonzo 01-26-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 58374967)


My question is this. Do you think his agent would admit to telling his client that he told him to sign the deal? Unless he ever leaves his client I doubt he would admit to it.

I doubt an agent would ever willfully go against the wishes of his client, especially someone as established as Meehan. It simply doesn't make sense. He works for Subban, not against him. And if he did (which is a big IF, since he has no reason to work against Subban's wishes), he probably wouldn't leak it to the RDS drama-chambre panel.

I'd get him leaking a lowball offer, since that actually strengthens his clients position in the public's eyes, but working against PK? Nanh, does not compute.

JustAHabFan 01-26-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Estrada (Post 58374961)
Who's leaking all the contract and trade offers info?
-Meehan?
-Subban?
-Bergevin?
-GMs that talked to Bergevin?

I am just wondering about this myself. But it look like the numbers from RL is a real offer from MB. Dregger has said similar info (around 5M for 2 years) but I did not believe him because the number of 5M is not a specific number.

coolasprICE 01-26-2013 09:07 AM

Alright boys and girls, it's time.

Yes, it's time to let our voices heard... 20+ years of mediocrity. 20+ years of shipping away destined champions for poutine cheese. 20+ of nothing.

We have lost enough talent and games - this time around - we the fans aren't going to let it.

At this very moment, we will hit the streets.............ok, wait, make that twitter.

It's very simple, simply tweet: @GMolsonCHC #signsubban

If we all work together we can get this trending! Now lets do it....... Bergevin is only going to lose if he tries to cheap out on Subban. He is only going to lose if he trades him... Time to make our voices heard!

Once again: @GMolsonCHC #signsubban

Jigger77 01-26-2013 09:08 AM

It's just a big game. Both sides leak info for leverage. Who knows what is accurate or not. They use the media and sites like this one line puppets.

Reading through this thread it's obviously working too.

29dryden29 01-26-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 58375005)
In that case, why would he tell Carbo and give permission to leak it as if he said it to him?

He gets paid when the deal is signed I am sure he wants to get his also. Big business isn't much different with people leaking info then pointing fingers and saying no way would I do that.

Habaneros 01-26-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E = CH² (Post 58374989)
If this ends up in a trade, how confident are we that the guy who thinks Subban is worth 2.5M/per will be able to get equal value ?

Furthermore, how confident can we be in general going forward..

Molson will need to agree on a Subban trade,which he is walking a slippy slope here.


Best thing is for a offer sheey to come,will force habs to do the right thing.

No more screwing around,pay the kid.

JustAHabFan 01-26-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 58375067)
Alright boys and girls, it's time.

Yes, it's time to let our voices heard... 20+ years of mediocrity. 20+ years of shipping away destined champions for poutine cheese. 20+ of nothing.

We have lost enough talent and games - this time around - we the fans aren't going to let it.

At this very moment, we will hit the streets.............ok, wait, make that twitter.

It's very simple, simply tweet: @GMolsonCHC #signsubban

If we all work together we can get this trading! Now lets do it....... Bergevin is only going to lose if he tries to cheap out on Subban. He is only going to lose if he trades him... Time to make our voices heard!

Once again: @GMolsonCHC #signsubban

I can be in front of the Bell Center in short notice.

Agnostic 01-26-2013 09:10 AM

All things considered isn't this "disgusting" "joke" of an offer right in line with what Price got?

I think Subban's salary ask have some people forgetting what a bridge contract is.

Richiebottles 01-26-2013 09:12 AM

2.5 is way to low for Subban. Just give him 4 Million and buy out Kabs and trade Gionta or Cole for more cap space and a young prospect. This team needs Subban. However, if they do trade for Couturier there will be no choice of dealing either DD (likely) or Pleks (+Return) for help on D. Right now we dont look so bad but if Markov goes down again we are a lotto team.

SnapVirus 01-26-2013 09:12 AM

They'll close the deal at around 3.5 / season.

HomaridII 01-26-2013 09:13 AM

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
A trade is very premature thinking at this stage. Things can change at any time, but at this point I'm led to believe that's the last resort

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
PK's future with MTL could be decided this weekend. Options: Habs move up slightly on $, PK sits out, PK accepts offer sheet, Habs trade PK

Dr Gonzo 01-26-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 29dryden29 (Post 58375105)
He gets paid when the deal is signed I am sure he wants to get his also. Big business isn't much different with people leaking info then pointing fingers and saying no way would I do that.

So you really think that Meehan is willing to compromise his integrity, actively work against his clients just so he can make his 3%?

The guy has half the NHL signed to his company, but he's going to screw over one of his clients for a quick buck?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.