HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Washington - Calgary (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333391)

Kershaw 01-26-2013 10:36 AM

Washington - Calgary
 
To :caps

Jay Bouwmeester

To :flames

Mike Green

Haatley 01-26-2013 10:37 AM

Flames say no

Phion Keneuf 01-26-2013 10:40 AM

Flames downgrade for no reason?

BiPolar Caps 01-26-2013 10:42 AM

From a Caps standpoint I'd say yes solely on the fact that there's only one year remaining on JBO's contract after this season where as Green still has two more years after this season. Otherwise JBO's contract is about 600 K more. Is JBO as fragile as Green is?

DKQ 01-26-2013 10:50 AM

Flames have Giordano, Wideman and Brodie, they don't need another offensive Dman

maetix 01-26-2013 10:54 AM

No from Washington. Every time I've seen Bouwmeester play he's looked very poor and inconsistent. Mike Green has had a good season so far, even though Washington has done **** all.

itsjustsurvival 01-26-2013 11:14 AM

Capitals downgrade for no reason?

CGYPUKSUX 01-26-2013 11:16 AM

Yes, just to change the makeup of the team and the dressing room. Might give the Flames the flexibility to move Giordano as well.

fedfed 01-26-2013 11:29 AM

No thanks. We need a D to play with Green, not instead of Green.

capitalsrock 01-26-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsjustsurvival (Post 58377313)
Capitals downgrade for no reason?

This.

Makes no sense for us to trade the better player for a worse player.

Kershaw 01-26-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalsrock (Post 58381095)
This.

Makes no sense for us to trade the better player for a worse player.

Bouwmeester is the worse player now?

Vankiller Whale 01-26-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref9 (Post 58376207)
From a Caps standpoint I'd say yes solely on the fact that there's only one year remaining on JBO's contract after this season where as Green still has two more years after this season. Otherwise JBO's contract is about 600 K more. Is JBO as fragile as Green is?

Jaybo currently has the longest iron-man streak in the NHL.

capitalsrock 01-26-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 58381399)
Bouwmeester is the worse player now?

That's always been the case.

Flamesjustwin 01-26-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 58381399)
Bouwmeester is the worse player now?

Yes. Nobody should have to endure having this guy on their team.

Devilspuppet666 01-26-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref9 (Post 58376207)
From a Caps standpoint I'd say yes solely on the fact that there's only one year remaining on JBO's contract after this season where as Green still has two more years after this season. Otherwise JBO's contract is about 600 K more. Is JBO as fragile as Green is?

nope hes the leagues iron man at over 550 games

Devilspuppet666 01-26-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX (Post 58377399)
Yes, just to change the makeup of the team and the dressing room. Might give the Flames the flexibility to move Giordano as well.

hes not going anywhere

CGYPUKSUX 01-26-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 (Post 58387305)
hes not going anywhere

Glove a couple more pucks into the slot like he did against the Canucks and Hartley will drive him to the airport himself.

txpd 01-26-2013 07:11 PM

green looks to have recovered his skating speed and agility. his defensive game has improved significantly. he's leading the team in minutes, is playing primary pk minutes and has been on the ice for just one goal against so far.

i doubt seriously taht the caps want to trade green. if they did, why would they want bouwmeester? the caps major problem is what? playoff success. they need players that are playoff studs. in this case, trading their minutes leader for another minutes eater you would wnt a playoff stud.

bouwmeester has how many playoff games on his resume?

CaptainCrunch67 01-27-2013 01:03 AM

Calgary passes, Bou is a better minute eater less fragile and more well rounded then Green.

The Caps would have to throw in at least a pick and Calgary probably still passes

GetThePuckOut 01-27-2013 01:07 AM

Bouwmeester just had his best game with the Flames. Under Hartley his offensive game is back, and he looks to be in vintage form. If he keeps it up, there's no way in hell I'd consider trading him.

Halpysback 01-27-2013 01:23 AM

Why the hell would we get Bouwmeester if our end goal is to win a cup?

I'd rather trade Green for Shawn ****ing Horcoff

CaptainCrunch67 01-27-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 58436447)
Why the hell would we get Bouwmeester if our end goal is to win a cup?

I'd rather trade Green for Shawn ****ing Horcoff

That's probably why the closest that you would ever get to managing a nhl team is being a janitor in a front office.

Halpysback 01-27-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 (Post 58437169)
That's probably why the closest that you would ever get to managing a nhl team is being a janitor in a front office.

Yeah not all of us can be a successful NHL GM and hit with the ladies like yourself. How many cups did your Bouwmeester-lead dream team win again? How many playoff series?

If I ever need a human folding chair for Scott Hartnell or Ryan Malone in the playoffs to help them camp out in front of the net better I'll be sure to give Bouwmeester a call. Does he serve lemonade too?

Peter Petan 01-27-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 58437317)
Yeah not all of us can be a successful NHL GM and hit with the ladies like yourself. How many cups did your Bouwmeester-lead dream team win again? How many playoff series?

If I ever need a human folding chair for Scott Hartnell or Ryan Malone in the playoffs to help them camp out in front of the net better I'll be sure to give Bouwmeester a call. Does he serve lemonade too?

Pink or original lemonade. Player's choice.

txpd 01-27-2013 10:22 AM

bouwmeester may be increasingly good as the years go by. he might well be a fine addition for a 2nd pair on a cup bound team.

however, for a team known for underperforming and failing in the playoffs you dont make your #1 defenseman, a player where pressure will be at the most intense, a player who has never played a playoff game.

its a different world. he is going to need support not be the guy the rest rely on for support. that would be a major crap shoot.

no.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.