HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333395)

Animal 01-25-2013 11:15 AM

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version II
 
Carry on with Speculation ...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Cor99 (Post 58310747)
No Kidding.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Kessel
??? - Kadri - Frattin
Kulemin - Colborne - Biggs
Ross - McClement - Komarov

That would be nice :nod:

except you can't have kessel in that lineup because you apparently traded him for a 1st...

Chandrashekhar Limit 01-25-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cor99 (Post 58310389)
Mackinnon and Drouin in one draft?

That would be fun

Um that would be great, but how do we do it and keep Kessel, Gardiner, Reilly?

Answer: We cant.

dubplatepressure 01-25-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 58309225)
Nothing that would help us more than Kessel.

IMO Kessel could fetch something like Strome, decent prospect, 2nd.

Not sure if Strome is any better than what we have in Kadri though.

He'll fetch something in between what Carter and Richards fetched.

Except he's better, and younger, than both.. so no, he won't.

Pi 01-25-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubplatepressure (Post 58313541)
Except he's better, and younger, than both.. so no, he won't.

Richards fetched Schenn, Simmonds and a 2nd.

I'd say that is comparable to what Kessel could fetch.

Mike Richards has had an 80 point season recently, was good in the Flyers run and is a center.

Kessel isn't going to fetch what we gave up, but he'd fetch a great return.

Cor 01-25-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggs21 (Post 58311411)
except you can't have kessel in that lineup because you apparently traded him for a 1st...

You ruin my fun :cry:

Lupul, MacArthur, Grabovski for the 2nd Overall pick after we get the 1st :nod: :nod:

:sarcasm:

dubplatepressure 01-25-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 58314391)
Richards fetched Schenn, Simmonds and a 2nd.

I'd say that is comparable to what Kessel could fetch.

Mike Richards has had an 80 point season recently, was good in the Flyers run and is a center.

Kessel isn't going to fetch what we gave up, but he'd fetch a great return.

Kessel would absolutely return 2 1sts and a 2nd round pick ... Kessel is still better than Richards, who was surrounded by good talent and producing well.

Kessel should start with a top prospect (Schenn, 5th overall), a top-6 potential young forward (Simmonds, Voracek, etc), plus either another 1st, or a legit prospect, or roster player, or both, depending on the quality of each.

IMO the only reason why Howsen didn't get more for Nash is because he had to trade him, he screwed himself. Not to mention Nash's declining statistics.

If we trade Kessel, we do it this season, while he still has at least a year left on contract, and we do it behind the curtain, so when it is announced it is unexpected. This way Nonis won't screw himself by souring a relationship with a player and being forced into moving him, and we get a good return for him.

The Richards trade was a perfect example of a win/win - Philly's happy with Schenn and Simmonds, and LA won a cup.

dannyboy8920 01-25-2013 01:30 PM

Kessel to Nashville
for
Wilson + 1st + 2nd

Grabovski + Franson to Vancouver
for
1st + Kassian + Ballard

MacArthur + D'amigo to Whoever
for
2nd + 5th

1st(25-30) + 1st(15-20) + 2nd (40+)
for
1st (top 5) + 3rd

-----
1st overall Mackinnon
4th overall Drouin

Kassian(size being the reason)-Mackinnon-Drouin
Lupul-Kadri-Jvr
Kulemin-Wilson-Frattin/Komarov
Brown-Mcclement-Biggs/Devane/Broll

Asif16* 01-25-2013 02:05 PM

Lets get Bieksa and Luongo in the same trade. Bozak, MacArthur Cody Franson and future pick for Lungo and Bieksa!! Lol. Sorry im not good at proposing trades. I know it sucks lol

dubplatepressure 01-25-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 (Post 58318549)
Kessel to Nashville
for
Wilson + 1st + 2nd

Grabovski + Franson to Vancouver
for
1st + Kassian + Ballard

MacArthur + D'amigo to Whoever
for
2nd + 5th

1st(25-30) + 1st(15-20) + 2nd (40+)
for
1st (top 5) + 3rd

-----
1st overall Mackinnon
4th overall Drouin

Kassian(size being the reason)-Mackinnon-Drouin
Lupul-Kadri-Jvr
Kulemin-Wilson-Frattin/Komarov
Brown-Mcclement-Biggs/Devane/Broll

You are undervaluing Kessel, Macarthur and D'Amigo here. Why would we just give Macarthur & D'amigo away for a 2nd and 5th? What good does that do for us?

And Kessel, why trade him for a player with similar to less value than Voracek and/or Simmonds, plus less than what Philly got for Richards? Makes no sense.

Chandrashekhar Limit 01-25-2013 02:18 PM

You guys need to deal with the fact that Kessel is not getting dealt.

The Naz 01-25-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit (Post 58321529)
You guys need to deal with the fact that Kessel is not getting dealt.

Yep. They will appreciate that when he starts sniping like usual. I think Kessel is a very rare talent. Not much I would trade him for.

Leaf Rocket 01-25-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit (Post 58321529)
You guys need to deal with the fact that Kessel is not getting dealt.

When he starts heating up along with his defensive acumen being rectified under Carlyle people will realize there is more to this man.

calcal798 01-25-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 58324041)
When he starts heating up along with his defensive acumen being rectified under Carlyle people will realize there is more to this man.

Kessels offensive skill, combined with a defensive acumen perfected by Carlyle will result in Kessel being one of the most deadly players in the league. Anyone remember Markus Naslund? :naughty:

Leaf Rocket 01-25-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcal798 (Post 58324793)
Kessels offensive skill, combined with a defensive acumen perfected by Carlyle will result in Kessel being one of the most deadly players in the league. Anyone remember Markus Naslund? :naughty:

Heavenly, worked with selanne, and perry now it's kessel's turn!

SnipeCheeseAllDay 01-25-2013 03:28 PM

Lol @ trading Kessel. Sure, let's trade one of the best forwards in the league (who's also very young) for unproven prospects. That will solve all our problems!

Anyway, I think we should be aiming at Duchene, O'Reilly or Getzlaf right now. We have an abundance of NHL ready dmen and a couple nice pieces we can add.

A package of any of:
Kadri/Bozak/MacArthur/Grabovski/Colborne/Blacker/Franson/Holzer/Gunnarsson

mikebel111 01-25-2013 04:01 PM

people overrate colin wilson soo much around here

Pi 01-25-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebel111 (Post 58327175)
people overrate colin wilson soo much around here

Seriously. Colin Wilson is a 2nd liner at best.

Just because you have size doesn't mean you're Lindros.

Leaf Rocket 01-25-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 58327327)
Seriously. Colin Wilson is a 2nd liner at best.

Just because you have size doesn't mean you're Lindros.

It's not that, it's because he has a lot of untapped skill that's been hidden due to him being in the dog house of trotz

charliolemieux 01-25-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit (Post 58312495)
Um that would be great, but how do we do it and keep Kessel, Gardiner, Reilly?

Answer: We cant.

I did it and we kept Rielly and Kessel. :nod:

blasted_Sabre 01-25-2013 08:17 PM

So, now might be the time to strike for one of Phili's young forwards. Their D-corps is hurting bad now. Maybe just maybe B. Schenn or Couts could be had.

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre (Post 58348485)
So, now might be the time to strike for one of Phili's young forwards. Their D-corps is hurting bad now. Maybe just maybe B. Schenn or Couts could be had.

I don't see them trading Schenn with his bro there.

Also, I don't see them trading Couts since he's their best defensive forward

Maybe Holzer for a 2nd? I'd love to get Ghost from them if that was possible.

Dangles McGavin 01-25-2013 08:27 PM

I. Want. Voracek.

No teams will make trades until like 10 games in, IMO.

leugangen 01-25-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58349357)
I don't see them trading Schenn with his bro there.

Also, I don't see them trading Couts since he's their best defensive forward

Maybe Holzer for a 2nd? I'd love to get Ghost from them if that was possible.


Laughton looks like the next Couturier for them lol. It would cost us Gardiner I'd think, which I would do. Couturier will be a #1C in his near future.

Who is Ghost?

Leafsforlife98 01-25-2013 09:50 PM

Leafs are not that far away......
 
The Leafs do have a lot of pieces going forward are in need of only 3 real pieces to be a complete team. YES, a couple of pieces are BIG and are hard to get, but it is a process. It may take a couple of years to accomplish those goals. Since most of our team is young, then taking a couple of years is fine.


Going Forward into next year

Joffery Lupul-Hole #1-Phil Kessel
James van Reimsdyk-Nazem Kadri-Matt Frattin
Nikolai Kulemin-Hole #2-Leo Komarov
Mike Brown-Jay McClement-Colton Orr


Morgan Rielly-Dion Phaneuf
Jake Gardiner-Carl Gunnarsson
Jonh Micheal Liles-Korbinian Holzer


Hole #3-James Reimer



That leaves as the chips to fill these 3 holes going forward.

Mikhail Grabovski- I don't think he fits on this team. He is good defensivly, but not big enough to be superior shutdown #3 center that Carlyle needs. I also think that Nazem Kadri is gonna need to get minutes and it will be as the 2nd line center that gets sheltered minutes and powerplay time. That leaves Grabovski with no real spot in the line-up since he can't play with Kessel.

Tyler Bozak- Pretty much the exact same thing as Grabovski. Has a spot on the team as long as the Leafs have no #1 center but once they do, he is gone.

Clarke Macarther- Is a decent player but I am not sold on him being on the team longterm. Can gain an asset at the trade deadline. Don't know why he got an "A" though, if I am almost sure they are gonna trade him.

Cody Franson- Doesn't get any respect. Will flourish somewhere elseafter he gets traded and we will all regret it. Can get another asset once teams in the race start losing defenceman.

Carter Ashton- I have never been sold on him and was really upset when we lost Keith Aulie for him. I am guessing he will be an add on to another player as part of a package for someone else.

Joe Colborne
- Similar to Ashton, I don't know if he has it to make it to the bigs. He could be a #3 shutdown center if he was more physical, cuz he is big and skates alright. I hope he does make it but he will probably be a throw-in in a package for someone else.


I also think that at least 1 piece can be picked up in this draft, whether it is a #1 center or a shutdown #3 center. That would leave 2 pieces to get going forward.

Free agency could also net us a piece.



These 2 players that could change the whole team if they were traded. The assets they also would bring back, would set us up nicely for the future.

Phil Kessel- Game changing player and don't want to see him go. Unless Carlyle thinks he isn't a fit, should stay with the team and see what he can do once Nonis gets him a #1 center and take away some of the pressure on him. I think though, he could be in play around the deadline if the Leafs are bottoming out and he is giving Nonis reasons to think he won't re-sign.

Dion Phaneuf- Another player I don't want to see go, but he would also bring in a nice package, especially this year when defenceman are dropping like flies. Trading Dion would change the culture of the team and the team would be relying on a lot of young defenceman, we would also lose a 6.5 cap hit which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leugangen (Post 58357453)
Laughton looks like the next Couturier for them lol. It would cost us Gardiner I'd think, which I would do. Couturier will be a #1C in his near future.

Who is Ghost?

shayne gostisbehere. They recently picked him in the 3rd (i think) round.

He was on team USA. Highly offensive smooth skating Dman with a lot of potential. More of a project, but he can definitely be a top 4 imo. He's a bright spot in their prospect system for sure.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.