HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Lines at Practice Today 1/26 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333399)

threeVo 01-26-2013 09:50 AM

New Lines at Practice Today 1/26
 
Foligno-Hodgson-Pominville
Ott-Grigorenko-Stafford
Hecht-Ennis-Kaleta
Scott-Ellis-Gerbe/McCormick

Vanek is sore from last game got the day off. I would assume Foligno moves to the 3rd line with Ennis should he be back for the game tomorrow and slide Kaleta down

Dreakon 01-26-2013 09:54 AM

Definitely need to spice up the second and third line. Obviously don't touch VHP if they're healthy.

HockeyH3aven 01-26-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threeVo (Post 58376475)
Foligno-Hodgson-Pominville
Ott-Grigorenko-Stafford
Hecht-Ennis-Kaleta
Scott-Ellis-Gerbe/McCormick

Vanek is sore from last game got the day off. I would assume Foligno moves to the 3rd line with Ennis should he be back for the game tomorrow and slide Kaleta down

So with a healthy Vanek:

Vanek - Hodgson - Pominville
Ott - Grigorenko - Stafford
Hecht - Ennis - Foligno
Kaleta - Ellis - Gerbe

My hate for Ruff has mildly subsided. :laugh:

Fire Lindy 01-26-2013 09:59 AM

Interesting, I'd like to see for a game

Vanek - Hodgson - Pominville
Ennis - Grigorenko - Stafford
Hecht - Ott - Foligno
Gerbe - Ellis - Kaleta

I like Hecht better on the wing and Ott should be taking the faceoffs, and would like to see a game with Ennis on the wing but there's no way they give up yet on Ennis being a center with our current situation.

Grigs has been okay on faceoffs in his limited amount taken, and we know Ott is the best FO man on the team, so not sure I like them together with our current struggles in the circle.

BackGroundMusic 01-26-2013 10:01 AM

I like that second line. Maybe a playmaker like Grigs can get Stafford going. I thought Ennis was better overall last night, but he looks off.

Silence Of The Plams 01-26-2013 10:01 AM

Ennis isn't a true center IMO. He isn't able to generate his offense as well, I think (correct me if I'm wrong please. It just seems that way to me.) when he was on the wing. I'd try Ott at centers as he's a quick and big bodied guy. We need to mix up the FES line.

McTank 01-26-2013 10:02 AM

I like, but hopefully vanek isn't playing injured again or we may see his level of play slip

HockeyH3aven 01-26-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess What (Post 58376883)
Ennis isn't a true center IMO. He isn't able to generate his offense as well, I think (correct me if I'm wrong please. It just seems that way to me.) when he was on the wing. I'd try Ott at centers as he's a quick and big bodied guy. We need to mix up the FES line.

Eh, they were over a PPG for a decent amount of games last year with Ennis at center.

That's a small sample size, but still bigger than the four game sample size you'd be using to discredit that. I'm willing to give him about 20 games or so to at least show up. Something has to be done about his face-off taking though, he's dreadful.

joshjull 01-26-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 58376775)
So with a healthy Vanek:

Vanek - Hodgson - Pominville
Ott - Grigorenko - Stafford
Hecht - Ennis - Foligno
Kaleta - Ellis - Gerbe

My hate for Ruff has mildly subsided. :laugh:

It think the 3rd line may be Foligno/Ennis/Kaleta and Hecht to the 4th line.

Or Foligno may be heading to the 4th line.

Silence Of The Plams 01-26-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven (Post 58377033)
Eh, they were over a PPG for a decent amount of games last year with Ennis at center.

That's a small sample size, but still bigger than the four game sample size you'd be using to discredit that. I'm willing to give him about 20 games or so to at least show up. Something has to be done about his face-off taking though, he's dreadful.

In a shortened season I'd say 10-15... I mean, I like Ennis, and think he's great. I just hate seeing him lose what seems to be every face off.

McTank 01-26-2013 10:24 AM

Does it not make sense to play ott with ennis and have ott take the draws? I like ennis as a center outside of the draws

joshjull 01-26-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 58377729)
Does it not make sense to play ott with ennis and have ott take the draws? I like ennis as a center outside of the draws

You could replace Ennis with almost any of our centers and that statement would still make sense.

McTank 01-26-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 58377847)
You could replace Ennis with almost any of our centers and that statement would still make sense.

Yes but ennis seems the worst , grigs is okay, hodgson has been pretty bad and ennis has been really bad

1972 01-26-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 58379167)
Yes but ennis seems the worst , grigs is okay, hodgson has been pretty bad and ennis has been really bad

Hodgson has also gone up against the guy with the best FO in Bozak, and the Staals virtually every faceoff. He will be fine against middle of the pack guys.

joshjull 01-26-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Regier (Post 58379523)
Hodgson has also gone up against the guy with the best FO in Bozak, and the Staals virtually every faceoff. He will be fine against middle of the pack guys.

I agree and a good sign was his improvement from the first game -vs- the Canes (22% on faceoffs) to last nights game (48%).

There is a learning curve to this and I think Hodgson will eventually even off around 50%

joshjull 01-26-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 58379167)
Yes but ennis seems the worst , grigs is okay, hodgson has been pretty bad and ennis has been really bad

I agree Ennis is the worst but I'm not looking to put lines together based on just that.


Ultimately Regier needs to acquire a bottom 6 defensive center thats a faceoff specialist.

HockeyH3aven 01-26-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 58379723)
I agree Ennis is the worst but I'm not looking to put lines together based on just that.


Ultimately Regier needs to acquire a bottom 6 defensive center thats a faceoff specialist.

Jochen Hecht :sarcasm:

:cry:

dugman 01-26-2013 11:38 AM

How many times was Ennis thrown out of the face off circle last night? I suspect they have been working on tactics to gain an edge, and the linesmen weren't buying it (I admit I've never figured out exactly why they are tossed most of the time).
Alos, I wonder whether Hodgson's broken thumb is limiting him on faceoffs.

Jame 01-26-2013 11:40 AM

as long as he doesn't break up vanek-hodgson-pommer for any reason... i dont care if the other 3 lines go scoreless for a month... that's those line problem... make changes, trade people, whatever... do not break up the one true 1st line we've had in 5 years

JPurp26 01-26-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 58379585)
I agree and a good sign was his improvement from the first game -vs- the Canes (22% on faceoffs) to last nights game (48%).

There is a learning curve to this and I think Hodgson will eventually even off around 50%

a lot of that is taking the faceoffs at home vs being away

joshjull 01-26-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPurp26 (Post 58381485)
a lot of that is taking the faceoffs at home vs being away

Thats certainly played a role

Silence Of The Plams 01-26-2013 12:00 PM

Cody will get better on them as he learns how to against different types of face off guys as well as the home v. away factor.

The team as a whole though needs to repair the terrible-ness on them altogether though.

Zip15 01-26-2013 12:00 PM

I still give FES another couple games. Too early to break them up. Allow them to work through it. They were our best line in the 2nd period last night. They'll get it going soon enough. Give Grigorenko a periodic shift with Ennis-Stafford.

Zip15 01-26-2013 12:04 PM

Non-VHP shooting numbers: 2/82 (2.43%)

That won't continue over a significant sample size. Believe in the math!

BrooklynBuffaloFan 01-26-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 58381859)
Non-VHP shooting numbers: 2/82 (2.43%)

That won't continue over a significant sample size. Believe in the math!

Yes, for example, Drew Stafford has about the same career shooting percentage as Pominville. He's got a comparable amount of shots this year (12 to JP's 15), but one player has 3 goals and the other has 0.

I've been impressed with Stafford this year, I hope puck luck starts leaning his way soon so he doesn't get discouraged and sulk around.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.