HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Aves @ Sharkes 2 PM MST || In theory, we can win this. In theory. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333413)

Freudian 01-26-2013 10:09 AM

Aves @ Sharkes 2 PM MST || In theory, we can win this. In theory.
 


Lineups

Aves

McGinn - Stastny - Jones
Landeskog - Duchene - Parenteau
McLeod - Mitchell - Hejduk
Kobasew - Olver - Bordeleau

Wilson - Johnson
Hejda - O'Byrne
Zanon - Hunwick

Varlamov


Sharkes

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
Clowe - Couture - Havlat
Galiardi - Handzus - Wingels
Sheppard - Gomez - Burish

Vlasic - Stuart
Irwin - Boyle
Murray - Braun

Greiss

As always, slocal on the Sharks boards make the most awesome GDTs.

Pierce Hawthorne 01-26-2013 10:21 AM

Sharks fans seem pretty confident they're gonna score 5+ goals today. Do they even know who Varlamov is?

4-1 Avs Duchene, Landy, McGinn, then Landy again with the Empty Netter.
Couture for the Sharks.

benzino 01-26-2013 10:23 AM

4-2 to Sharks. Just one of those teams we struggle against.

Bubba Thudd 01-26-2013 10:28 AM

3-2 Avs, in OT/SO

Appleanche 01-26-2013 10:34 AM

I think it will be a fairly low scoring game, 2-1 Avs.. Duchene and Johnson.

Freudian 01-26-2013 10:37 AM

Sharks are built to be an Avs munching monster. We can' beat these guys. Thornton/Marleau with the puck behind the net, pass to a guy in the slot and goal. Repeat ad nauseam.

TheFactor 01-26-2013 10:40 AM

3-2 avs win. It's gonna be a tough one but Varly will stand his ground.

benzino 01-26-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 58378287)
Sharks are built to be an Avs munching monster. We can' beat these guys. Thornton/Marleau with the puck behind the net, pass to a guy in the slot and goal. Repeat ad nauseam.

Joe Pavelski Av killer nr 1 along with Franzen with 7 points already:help:

a mangy Meowth 01-26-2013 10:43 AM

Excuse me but who are these "Aves" you speak of? You don't happen to mean the Avs do you? ;)

Also love the Anchorman clip :D

Landeskog The Viking 01-26-2013 10:48 AM

gut feeling i see mcginn gettinb the monkey off his back and getting at least 1

chet1926 01-26-2013 10:48 AM

The Sharks have just had a hot offensive start. Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski/Courture aren't going to continue at a 2-3/pts per game pace.

They have a solid top two lines but after that its nothing that impressive. Their defense isn't overwhelming, and their goalies aren't world beaters.

I think the Avs, if they play like have the past 5 periods, will be just fine. It will be a close game 2-2 or 3-3 that goes into OT maybe even a shootout.

Huis Clos* 01-26-2013 10:50 AM

After the big loss today the board will be back to full meltdown mode.

iAvs 01-26-2013 11:05 AM

Avs 3-2 OT. Sharks will be tough to beat in the tank, but we have Varly, they don't :)

GamingGiant 01-26-2013 11:27 AM

The Sharks are a big team.

I'm thinking 3-2 SJ (mostly because Varly keeps it close). Hoping I'm wrong though...

GIJeff76 01-26-2013 11:29 AM

My "life is doom crystal ball" predicts a hatty by Gomez.

-Avs fan from Mtl.

Avsboy 01-26-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hek (Post 58378837)
After the big loss today the board will be back to full meltdown mode.

This.

Foppa Frossa 01-26-2013 11:33 AM

Without Elliott we're doomed!

Nihiliste 01-26-2013 11:47 AM

5-1 Sharks, Mcginn scores the lone Avs goal.

I hope SOB is in for Hunwick tonight, Sharks are too big.

Coloradorov 01-26-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa (Post 58380505)
Without Elliott we're doomed!

Not only that, but we no longer have RoR to assist Boyle in scoring on his own goaler.

cgf 01-26-2013 11:48 AM

8-1 Sharks. ROR misses mother russia to much and so signs there for the rest of the year to deal with his homesickness. Because he's injured for the season Downie starts drinking with Jones, which sends Jones in a spiral rivaling the start of last season. McGinn continues to aim for the posts, because he loves that sweet ping, despite Sacco getting Joe Sakic himself to help the kid. Staz starts getting depressed, his late night phone calls with MBP start lasting later and later into the night, until he just stops sleeping all together. Gabriel is needed by the Avengers to save the world and so misses the next two months. Varly's groin explodes when EJ concusses himself on Varly's knee. Sensing the team needs him to step up, Matty Duchene spins so hard around a defender that he actually creates a temporary blackhole which sucks him and Greg Zanon's beard into an alternate dimension. And the Avs continue their epic tank for Seth Jones.

Mouse21* 01-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 58381177)
8-1 Sharks. ROR misses mother russia to much and so signs there for the rest of the year to deal with his homesickness. Because he's injured for the season Downie starts drinking with Jones, which sends Jones in a spiral rivaling the start of last season. McGinn continues to aim for the posts, because he loves that sweet ping, despite Sacco getting Joe Sakic himself to help the kid. Staz starts getting depressed, his late night phone calls with MBP start lasting later and later into the night, until he just stops sleeping all together. Gabriel is needed by the Avengers to save the world and so misses the next two months. Varly's groin explodes when EJ concusses himself on Varly's knee. Sensing the team needs him to step up, Matty Duchene spins so hard around a defender that he actually creates a temporary blackhole which sucks him and Greg Zanon's beard into an alternate dimension. And the Avs continue their epic tank for Seth Jones.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

AvsFanRCN 01-26-2013 12:10 PM

wow that sharks gdt is brilliant! love the detail. Not that there is anything wrong with Freudian's, afternoon delight is an excellent and fitting song.

TheStranger 01-26-2013 12:16 PM

Our only hope is that Greiss is starting.

benzino 01-26-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 58382423)
Our only hope is that Greiss is starting.

Did you forget about Avs backup goalie curse?:amazed:

ficohok* 01-26-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 58382423)
Our only hope is that Greiss is starting.

Didn't Greiss play well against AVS last year ? Or I mixed something...

Anyway, I say 3:2 AVS with Varlamov making 40+ saves.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.