HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Teddy Purcell (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333467)

Follower of Yzlam 01-26-2013 11:37 AM

Teddy Purcell
 
Just curious. Tampa has a ton of Top-6ish talent in the AHL, and while Ryan Malone is the more obvious winger to be moved, wondering what type of price Teddy would fetch.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-26-2013 11:45 AM

Penguins would be very interested. What sort of return you want?

We got good defense prospects out the yin-yang.

Vankiller Whale 01-26-2013 11:48 AM

Are the Lightning happy with their goaltending?

ohnoeszz 01-26-2013 11:57 AM

What does Tampa need? Dmen?

I've wanted Purcell on the Canucks for a couple years now since secondary scoring has been an issue. He's less necessary now with Kassian stepping up but the Canucks are still weak at RW at least until Kesler returns moving Schroeder back to the 3rd and Burrows back to winger. In the end they need a playmaking RW to go with Kesler and whichever of Booth/Raymond emerges. To me Burrows looks like a natural at 3C so far and I think keeping him there would be a huge benefit to the Canucks.

Id move Luongo+ (Schroeder, Raymond, Booth, Ballard, Higgins, picks in play - which of that can Tampa use?) for Purcell but that really depends on how much TB likes Luongo and if they think their group right now can contend(personally I don't think you waste any years of having stamkos particularly with an aging St. Louis).

hlaverty06 01-26-2013 12:01 PM

Devils would offer Tallinder/Volchenkov+Burlon for Ted Purcell

OCPenguin 01-26-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper (Post 58381047)
Penguins would be very interested. What sort of return you want?

We got good defense prospects out the yin-yang.

I truly don't think Purcell would be available, but this is the kind of cat I'd go in for if I were Shero. I have liked his game for a while.

Follower of Yzlam 01-26-2013 12:19 PM

Well, we have Brewer and Salo currently in the top 4, and while they're VERY good for us, and while we do have some guys in the A that figure to make the jump to the big club in a few years, I think Dmen would be the main desire. As far as goaltending, I think we're in pretty good shape with a lot of young guys who may make a jump soon (Tic will probably be backup next year, Vasilevski will probably eventually be our starter, but years down the road).

At the same time, we're very much in "Win now" mode, so it would probably have to be a Dman that can contribute now.

Vankiller Whale 01-26-2013 12:27 PM

Hedman/Carle/Brewer/Healthy Salo is a pretty decent top-4. I wouldn't mind doing a deal around Luongo for Malone+, if that's of interest. I haven't seen any Tampa games yet this season, but stat-watching leads me to think Lindback hasn't been that good, and Vasilevski is likely 6+ years from making the NHL as a starter, which is probably around the same time Luongo retires. So...

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-26-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 58382595)
Well, we have Brewer and Salo currently in the top 4, and while they're VERY good for us, and while we do have some guys in the A that figure to make the jump to the big club in a few years, I think Dmen would be the main desire. As far as goaltending, I think we're in pretty good shape with a lot of young guys who may make a jump soon (Tic will probably be backup next year, Vasilevski will probably eventually be our starter, but years down the road).

At the same time, we're very much in "Win now" mode, so it would probably have to be a Dman that can contribute now.

Unfortunately the Pens don't have much to spare on that front.

Follower of Yzlam 01-26-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58382987)
Hedman/Carle/Brewer/Healthy Salo is a pretty decent top-4. I wouldn't mind doing a deal around Luongo for Malone+, if that's of interest. I haven't seen any Tampa games yet this season, but stat-watching leads me to think Lindback hasn't been that good, and Vasilevski is likely 6+ years from making the NHL as a starter, which is probably around the same time Luongo retires. So...

True, and Aulie has been a revelation as a #5. Lindback has played pretty well actually, although he let in a softy last night. I don't think Tampa wants another albatross of a contract, we're pretty happy with our goaltending at the moment. In my opinion it's more for depth. Being able to roll three pairings would be great, because right now when Lee/Bergeron are on the ice I avert my eyes.

Question, could Purcell be a piece to pry Tanev from you guys?

Vankiller Whale 01-26-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 58383279)
True, and Aulie has been a revelation as a #5. Lindback has played pretty well actually, although he let in a softy last night. I don't think Tampa wants another albatross of a contract, we're pretty happy with our goaltending at the moment. In my opinion it's more for depth. Being able to roll three pairings would be great, because right now when Lee/Bergeron are on the ice I avert my eyes.

Question, could Purcell be a piece to pry Tanev from you guys?

Tanev would require overpayment to get, that said I can't imagine Tampa would be willing to trade Purcell for Tanev. It would definitely get me thinking, but we don't have anyone to replace Tanev at the moment, plus he's a fan favourite. But it really is a tempting offer. I think NJD or Buffalo would be better options in terms of them having expendable defensemen.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-26-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 58383279)
True, and Aulie has been a revelation as a #5. Lindback has played pretty well actually, although he let in a softy last night. I don't think Tampa wants another albatross of a contract, we're pretty happy with our goaltending at the moment. In my opinion it's more for depth. Being able to roll three pairings would be great, because right now when Lee/Bergeron are on the ice I avert my eyes.

Question, could Purcell be a piece to pry Tanev from you guys?

...

Am I missing something here?

Follower of Yzlam 01-26-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper (Post 58383583)
...

Am I missing something here?

Honestly, I had no idea Purcell was valued so highly around the league.

MichiganWolverines 01-26-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper (Post 58381047)
Penguins would be very interested. What sort of return you want?

We got good defense prospects out the yin-yang.

Wouldn't you rather give Beau Bennett a chance? They're both similar players, and it's unlikely that Tampa Bay will trade him, since they lack depth offensively.

alexmanu 01-26-2013 12:51 PM

The Preds would definitely be interested if Purcell became available. Not sure who you would want from us, any ideas?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-26-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 58383835)
Honestly, I had no idea Purcell was valued so highly around the league.

He's a big playmaking RW coming off a 65 point season...I mean, only 12 RWs scored more than him last season. Playing with stars or not, that's a pretty impressive feat.

I'm not sure why you'd have to add to acquire a guy like Tanev. Frankly, I'm not sure why Tanev would even be in the same ballpark, value-wise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 58383917)
Wouldn't you rather give Beau Bennett a chance? They're both similar players, and it's unlikely that Tampa Bay will trade him, since they lack depth offensively.

Purcell's an established producer. I like Bennett as much as anyone, but Purcell's done it.

Satan 01-26-2013 01:09 PM

If Vancouver was offered Purcell for Tanev straight up, they take that deal and run.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-26-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak (Post 58385109)
If Vancouver was offered Purcell for Tanev straight up, they take that deal and run.

No kidding. Who the **** is Chris Tanev?

stryfe604 01-26-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmanu (Post 58384235)
The Preds would definitely be interested if Purcell became available. Not sure who you would want from us, any ideas?

Weber :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I really like Josi. Add where necessary.

We won't move Purcie though. He meshes well with Vinny and Stammer. Now he is showing he plays well with Caldercher (:sarcasm:). He is our jack of all trades on our top 6. Plus he resigned, why would he move him?

Follower of Yzlam 01-26-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stryfe604 (Post 58386103)
Weber :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I really like Josi. Add where necessary.

We won't move Purcie though. He meshes well with Vinny and Stammer. Now he is showing he plays well with Caldercher (:sarcasm:). He is our jack of all trades on our top 6. Plus he resigned, why would he move him?

Tbf I started the thread. Just thinking his production could be replaced next year and we could get some good pieces out of him.

The Fear Boners 01-26-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58382987)
Hedman/Carle/Brewer/Healthy Salo is a pretty decent top-4. I wouldn't mind doing a deal around Luongo for Malone+, if that's of interest. I haven't seen any Tampa games yet this season, but stat-watching leads me to think Lindback hasn't been that good, and Vasilevski is likely 6+ years from making the NHL as a starter, which is probably around the same time Luongo retires. So...

lol no

Follower of Yzlam 01-26-2013 01:51 PM

Would Colorado be interested in Purcell for O'Reilly? What would we have to add?

StringerBell 01-26-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Gary Oak (Post 58385109)
If Vancouver was offered Purcell for Tanev straight up, they take that deal and run.

:laugh:

True. Tanev has arguably been our best player to start the year (along with Kassian, and to a lesser extent Edler) but Purcell is a far more established commodity. With that said, the trade would probably do more harm than good to the cap structure, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if management wouldn't do it for money reasons. We already have $18.7 million locked up in our top 4, so cheap, capable defenders are going to be instrumental to success going forward.

Ivan13 01-26-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 58387327)
Would Colorado be interested in Purcell for O'Reilly? What would we have to add?

There's no deal to be made here. I love Purcell and I'd do dirty things to get him to Denver, but Avs main need is a top pairing d-man and they can't afford to move Radar until Stastny is signed to a longterm deal.

McTank 01-26-2013 07:49 PM

Leopold+McNabb+gerbe


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.