HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Philly in need of blue line help (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333469)

jeromeo87 01-26-2013 11:38 AM

Philly in need of blue line help

We all know Philly has blue line problems. Here are two proposals:

McBain+LaRose+5th for Simmonds

or

Corvo+Sanguinetti+4th for Read

And yes, we have all read about how McBain for Read straight up might work, so let's skip that one.

Fire Sweeney 01-26-2013 11:40 AM

You're stuck with Corvo.

Hatrick Marleau 01-26-2013 11:40 AM

Douglas Murray?

Krishna 01-26-2013 11:42 AM

Flyers say no to both of those deals

FlyingHigh28* 01-26-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeromeo87 (Post 58380719)

or

And yes, we have all read about how McBain for Read straight up might work, so let's skip that one.

We actually don't need blue line help unless you're offering a top pairing defenseman (which you're not).

Beukeboom Fan 01-26-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

or

Just from my perspective - but the Flyers situation right now is so bad with injuries that they'd be better off playing it out than making a short term band-aid type of deal like you're proposing. I like McBain, but not at the cost of Simmonds, and it's not like McBain is going to solidfy the Flyers blueline.

Garbage Goal 01-26-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 (Post 58381627)
We actually don't need blue line help unless you're offering a top pairing defenseman (which you're not).

This.

DKQ 01-26-2013 12:15 PM

Trading for Joe Corvo seems counter-intuitive if a team wants to tighten up defensively

Duck Off 01-26-2013 12:20 PM

Would Philly be interested in bringing back Sbisa? I don't think Anaheim is shopping him at all. However i think bb and Murray think one of Lindholm or Vatanen could make the jump if needed. I only see Sbisa being moved for a 2nd line center. Something work around B. Schenn or Courtier?

Krishna 01-26-2013 12:27 PM

If we are trading Schenn or Couturier, it's for Fowler.

However, I don't see Schenn being traded away anyways unless it's for a package with both of the Schenn brothers

airforceones25 01-26-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 (Post 58382603)
Would Philly be interested in bringing back Sbisa? I don't think Anaheim is shopping him at all. However i think bb and Murray think one of Lindholm or Vatanen could make the jump if needed. I only see Sbisa being moved for a 2nd line center. Something work around B. Schenn or Courtier?

Highly doubt it. You are going to get the typical. Matt Read offer. If you're lucky they might make it a Simmonds or Voracek offer. Philly fan can't part ways with Schenn or Couts in any deal. lol

Krishna 01-26-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airforceones25 (Post 58383049)
Highly doubt it. You are going to get the typical. Matt Read offer. If you're lucky they might make it a Simmonds or Voracek offer. Philly fan can't part ways with Schenn or Couts in any deal. lol

It's not that we won't part with Schenn or Couturier. It's most people on here think they could get Schenn or Couturier for a mid pairing D man.

Duck Off 01-26-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 58383105)
It's not that we won't part with Schenn or Couturier. It's most people on here think they could get Schenn or Couturier for a mid pairing D man.

Sbisa is not just a mid pairing Dman though. He's a 22 year old top 4 defenseman who has potential to be top two. Not trying to convince you to agree to trade one of the two, but I'm just saying he's not just a mid pairing defenseman.

Fowler is way more valuable than both and has looked very dangerous past two games. He's as untouchable as it gets with Anaheim.

FanHabtic* 01-26-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 58383105)

And equally as ridiculous are Flyer fans thinking they can get a young top-pairing dman without dealing away Schenn or Couturier ++ in a package. ;)

LEIFey 01-26-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 (Post 58383503)
Sbisa is not just a mid pairing Dman though. He's a 22 year old top 4 defenseman who has potential to be top two. Not trying to convince you to agree to trade one of the two, but I'm just saying he's not just a mid pairing defenseman.

Fowler is way more valuable than both and has looked very dangerous past two games. He's as untouchable as it gets with Anaheim.

Isn't a second pairing defenseman a mid pairing Dman?

And I'll agree that Fowler is more valuable, but I think you're underestimating how much the Flyers value Couturier/Schenn. Couturier is about as untouchable to Philly as Fowler is to Anaheim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanHabtic (Post 58383721)
And equally as ridiculous are Flyer fans thinking they can get a young top-pairing dman without dealing away Schenn or Couturier ++ in a package. ;)

I'd deal Couturier+ for a young top-pairing Dman, but at this point, none of them are available.

Jee 01-26-2013 02:02 PM

They will sign Brent Sopel anyway.

FanHabtic* 01-26-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEIFey (Post 58387709)
I'd deal Couturier+ for a young top-pairing Dman, but at this point, none of them are available.

I think you are one of the few Flyer fans who would consider trading "golden boy". ;)

To me its a no-brainer. Looking at the upcoming UFA market and the available talent for top-end d-men it is clear that they are a premium. Finding a young top-pairing dman that is available is near impossible. (and let's leave Subban out of this conversation! lol)

FlyersFan61290 01-26-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanHabtic (Post 58383721)

who said that?

FanHabtic* 01-26-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 (Post 58387931)
who said that?

I think i've just read too many posts from the Flyers board. I'll take back that statement as it pertains to this thread.

Snotbubbles 01-26-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanHabtic (Post 58387995)
I think i've just read too many posts from the Flyers board. I'll take back that statement as it pertains to this thread.

I think most Flyers fans would trade Couturier for a #1 top pairing defenseman. But really who's available? Most of the defenseman you see available are more of the same of what they already have. At that point it doesn't make sense. If you want to make Pietrangelo type of defenseman available I'm all for moving Couturier. But most teams want to give you a Nick Leddy type defenseman.

KIRK 01-26-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

or

Doesn't Carolina also need help on the blue line, or are these addition by subtraction ploys? :p:

FlyerFire 01-26-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jee (Post 58387833)
They will sign Brent Sopel anyway.

whats your fascination with us getting Sopel? Seriously?? Ive seen it here and the Sopel rumor boards WTH?

BWAVgal 01-26-2013 04:24 PM

I think we will be fine without any outside signings. Here is what we have right now as of tonight vs. the Panthers:

Schenn - Timonen
Coburn - Gervais
Grossman - Foster/Lilja

And Eric Gustaffson is back playing with the Phantoms and the Flyers are very high and he is a mobile, albeit small defenseman that can hold his own. So I don't see any signings or trades.

ProspectsFanatic 01-26-2013 04:26 PM

Kaberle for free.

FanHabtic* 01-26-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWAVgal (Post 58396663)
I think we will be fine without any outside signings. Here is what we have right now as of tonight vs. the Panthers:

Schenn - Timonen
Coburn - Gervais
Grossman - Foster/Lilja

And Eric Gustaffson is back playing with the Phantoms and the Flyers are very high and he is a mobile, albeit small defenseman that can hold his own. So I don't see any signings or trades.

Dude, that is awful. Flyers sre very high if they stick it out with that group!