HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Which rookie do you want to make the team? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13335)

DLaCouture39 09-22-2003 10:58 AM

Which rookie do you want to make the team?

Out of the rookies remaining, which rookie do you think deserves to make it?

DLaCouture39 09-22-2003 11:01 AM

I voted for Dominic Moore, he has college experince and they compare him to a bigger Mike York, that cant be a bad thing. I hope he makes it.

#37-#93-#27* 09-22-2003 11:02 AM

age, experiance

Dom Moore

MisterUnspoken 09-22-2003 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
age, experiance

Dom Moore

Definitely Dominic Moore

DARTH SATHER 09-22-2003 05:20 PM

Have to agree and say Moore, probably the only guy from that list who is ready for the NHL or close enough. Tyutin is the only other guy who could probably play but it would best fos his developement to get at least half a year at Hartford and if he stays the whole year then it's even better of course if he plays well and then should make the team out of camp next year.

Son of Steinbrenner 09-22-2003 06:17 PM

i voted moore because he is ready or close to it but a darkhorse is lampman he could be a real diamond in the rought

#37-#93-#27* 09-22-2003 06:40 PM

Quote:

Richard Scott [ 2 ] 8.70%
:dunno:

klingsor 09-22-2003 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
:dunno:

I voted for Moore but if a rookie is kept and given the usual Ranger rookie treatment (4 minutes icetime or DNP), I'd much prefer Dominic plying 15-20 minutes a game in Hartford.

In that case, I'd rather see Scott make the team.

cagney 09-22-2003 07:06 PM

I don't really think any of them are ready to contribute in the NHL at this point.

Theoren Fan 09-22-2003 07:14 PM

I voted for Moore, and I'd love to see him force his way onto the team, but I'm afraid if he makes the club the only spot he would take would be Lundmarks..

Unless he takes LaCouture's?

DLaCouture39 09-22-2003 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
I voted for Moore, and I'd love to see him force his way onto the team, but I'm afraid if he makes the club the only spot he would take would be Lundmarks..

Unless he takes LaCouture's?

:rant: Id rather him take Petrovickys spot

Theoren Fan 09-22-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
:rant: Id rather him take Petrovickys spot

I don't think Petrovicky even has a spot to take..

Rucinsky-Lindros-Carter
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Simon/LaCouture-Holik-Lundmark
LaCouture/Simon-Messier-Barnaby

Seems to be the lines..

..unless Moore makes the team WITH Lundmark

Moore/Simon-Holik-Lundmark
Simon/Moore-Messier-Barnaby

Barnaby-Holik-Lundmark
Simon-Messier-Moore

Extra Forward- LaCouture

I don't really see how else it would work unless Sather got daring and decided to throw one of the kids on the Lindros line.

#37-#93-#27* 09-22-2003 08:00 PM

You know we're going to have some injuries. He's going to be the first one up when we do.

n8 09-22-2003 09:39 PM

moore DESERVES to but probably SHOULDN'T be in the NHL due to our line up cause what are the chances slats puts messier in the bleacher AND giving moore PT worth the call up? i just hope our hartford staff is gonna do him good. mcgill was the coach of the insanely good calgary hitmen yes? or koots ice? both were great minor teams for a long time i recall.

JCProdigy 09-23-2003 05:00 AM

I don't know if any of them 'deserve' to be on the team and I'd like to give them a whole preseason before making an opinion on them. Although, Moore certainly has stood out and he'd be the first one chosen so far. Still I think he'd be best served playing in the AHL on the top line getting minutes and then he could be the first one called up mid-season because of injuries. Plus next year (whenever hockey starts up again) we'll hopefully have some spots open (via contracts up) for Moore to slip into.

donpaulo 09-23-2003 05:41 AM

I voted nycholat because the rangers need a warm body on the broadway blueline and I feel that Fedor could use a year in hartford to "work out the kinks" and fine tune his game.