HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Niittymaki, starter? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=133368)

RaTcine 03-07-2005 11:20 PM

Niittymaki, starter?

In more than one interview, GM Clarke said that Antero Niittymaki will fight for the #1 spot when NHL resumes.

What are his chances??

FlyersGuy69 03-08-2005 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaTcine
In more than one interview, GM Clarke said that Antero Niittymaki will fight for the #1 spot when NHL resumes.

What are his chances??

very good.

Jester 03-08-2005 08:22 AM

Quote:

What are his chances??

well... the quotes i saw had to do with the fact that Esche hasn't been playing competitively and would need time to get himself into shape... while that was going on they would have Nittymaki starting. if he can supplant Esche when the slate is clean starting next year, or whenever, so be it. in any event, trade-bait lives at goalie for us.

RaTcine 03-08-2005 09:22 AM

I'll keep Niittymaki in the sim league then ;)

GoneFullHextall 03-08-2005 12:11 PM

I would have to say pretty good, consitering Nitty is in game shape and from what i have heard Esche is not, and that is being nice. Who knows thou when the NHL does resume, and im not talking about replacement player NHL either.

Juicer 03-08-2005 07:07 PM

Boy did Roman Malek ever miss his chance at the big time.

GoneFullHextall 03-09-2005 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicer

sorry i dont want no part of him. Especially after the Mr. Bean experience.

Flyers26 03-09-2005 07:58 AM

Quote:

What are his chances??

I bet if, and when, the league comes back, Esche's days are numbered here, since he was the Flyers NHLPA rep.
Clarke will use some excuse to trade him.

John Flyers Fan 03-09-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
I bet if, and when, the league comes back, Esche's days are numbered here, since he was the Flyers NHLPA rep.

Esche isn't going anywhere. His value skyrockets under a capped CBA. Very good starting goalie that makes under a million bucks.

Esche has never had a bad word to say about Clarke, Snider or the Flyers ... Clarke probably agrees with him about Bettman.

Dr Love 03-09-2005 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26

Just because he's the team's rep doesn't mean he's inherently evil. And Esche atoned for his idiotic comments earlier in the year with his DNL interview when the season was cancelled IMO.

GKJ 03-09-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicer

That's what you get for trying to tell the Philadelphia Flyers (or most teams for that matter) what your contract is going to be, and that there will be a one-way deal, and that it is take-it-or-leave-it. Money or playing time. As someone who has played 0 NHL games...take your pick.

Dr Love 03-09-2005 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
That's what you get for trying to tell the Philadelphia Flyers (or most teams for that matter) what your contract is going to be, and that there will be a one-way deal, and that it is take-it-or-leave-it. Money or playing time. As someone who has played 0 NHL games...take your pick.

The guy wanted a one way contract in exchange for moving his life to the other side of the planet, I don't think that's unreasonable. I would have loved to see how good (or not good) he is though.

Flyers26 03-09-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Esche isn't going anywhere. His value skyrockets under a capped CBA. Very good starting goalie that makes under a million bucks.

Esche has never had a bad word to say about Clarke, Snider or the Flyers ... Clarke probably agrees with him about Bettman.

Agreed, he's never said a bad word about the Flyers, but he was still the players rep, and it seems in the past, that they have had a short life w/ the Flyers.
I just wish Esche was playing hockey somewhere today, becuase Frank is, and that's huge!

GKJ 03-09-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
The guy wanted a one way contract in exchange for moving his life to the other side of the planet, I don't think that's unreasonable. I would have loved to see how good (or not good) he is though.

Wasn't too much of a problem for Antero Niittymaki and Dennis Seidenberg...

FlyersGuy69 03-09-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love

agree. plus, he was already making alot of money playing in his home country.

Dr Love 03-09-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Wasn't too much of a problem for Antero Niittymaki and Dennis Seidenberg...

Antero Niittymaki and Denis Seidenberg weren't 25 with a wife and kid when they came over.

In addition, to each his own. Maybe you'd move to Europe to take a job, I don't know if I would. It doesn't make either one of us a better man for it.