HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Braun, Demers, Clowe and/or Murray (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333729)

AbsolonMoreau* 01-26-2013 06:16 PM

Braun, Demers, Clowe and/or Murray

Looks like the Sharks might have 2 extra top 6 d-men with Irwin's emergence. Sharks are looking for some speedy top six wingers, what are those 4 worth? In terms of preference of trading: Murray, Clowe, Braun and Demers. Wouldn't like to trade Demers but if it gives us a good return, would be interested in it.

Blind Gardien 01-26-2013 06:19 PM

Tell us more about Demers, Sharks fans. Not because my NHL team may want to trade for him, not in my case anyway, but maybe others will... in my case more because I've had high expectations for him in my FHL for awhile and he hasn't come through... starting to wonder if I should give up hope? :)

capitalsrock 01-26-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau (Post 58400275)
Looks like the Sharks might have 2 extra top 6 d-men with Irwin's emergence. Sharks are looking for some speedy top six wingers, what are those 4 worth? In terms of preference of trading: Murray, Clowe, Braun and Demers. Wouldn't like to trade Demers but if it gives us a good return, would be interested in it.

Braun,Clowe,1st for Gaborik

Vankiller Whale 01-26-2013 06:24 PM

If I were the Sharks I wouldn't mess with anything right now.

AbsolonMoreau* 01-26-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalsrock (Post 58400455)
Braun,Clowe,1st for Gaborik

Not a chance, guy is a glass man and is getting $7.5 million a year.

AbsolonMoreau* 01-26-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 58400447)
Tell us more about Demers, Sharks fans. Not because my NHL team may want to trade for him, not in my case anyway, but maybe others will... in my case more because I've had high expectations for him in my FHL for awhile and he hasn't come through... starting to wonder if I should give up hope? :)

He's a solid defenseman, he absolutely tore up the Finnish league during the lockout this year. Has HUGE upside, I highly wouldn't recommend giving up hope until he comes back from injury and plays at least 10 games.

laundryman 01-26-2013 06:28 PM

I like the idea of Murray on the Flyers. What would the Sharks be interested in? Read maybe?

Kershaw 01-26-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau (Post 58400845)
Not a chance, guy is a glass man and is getting $7.5 million a year.

Rangers also don't trade their 40g scorer for spare parts.

I am still interested in a Demers-Hagelin swap.

Drop the Sopel 01-26-2013 06:31 PM

To SJ- David Booth
To Van- Ryane Clowe

Sharks get a strong, speedy winger - Canucks get a strong, playmaking winger for the 2nd line.

AbsolonMoreau* 01-26-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 58401019)
I like the idea of Murray on the Flyers. What would the Sharks be interested in? Read maybe?

Would definitely be interested in Read for Murray, would make a great 3rd liner!

AbsolonMoreau* 01-26-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel (Post 58401157)
To SJ- David Booth
To Van- Ryane Clowe

Sharks get a strong, speedy winger - Canucks get a strong, playmaking winger for the 2nd line.

Not that interested in Booth, and he is on the IR so he can't be traded.

laundryman 01-26-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau (Post 58401173)
Would definitely be interested in Read for Murray, would make a great 3rd liner!

Straight up or does either side have to add? Depending on what type of money Read wants to re-sign for I'd probably do that deal

AbsolonMoreau* 01-26-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 58401373)
Straight up or does either side have to add? Depending on what type of money Read wants to re-sign for I'd probably do that deal

Sharks likely would have to add a mid-round pick I think, probably something like Murray + 3rd for Read.

TheJuxtaposer 01-26-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 58401109)
Rangers also don't trade their 40g scorer for spare parts.

I am still interested in a Demers-Hagelin swap.

I like Hagelin's physical tools, but I don't know about offense on him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 58401373)

We'd need to add something relatively small, I'd think.

tyratoku 01-26-2013 07:22 PM

We'll give you Setoguchi back for one of the defenders, if you're game.

WTFetus 01-26-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyratoku (Post 58404671)

We get to pick the defender? :)

tyratoku 01-26-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 58404813)
We get to pick the defender? :)

Are any of them top-4 guys? I honestly haven't been able to catch any of the Sharks games this year and can't recall the play of much of the defense outside of Vlasic, Burns, and Boyle.

TheJuxtaposer 01-26-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Seto's blowing chunks right now. I've watched two Wild games so far and he's just not good.

WTFetus 01-26-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyratoku (Post 58405359)
Are any of them top-4 guys? I honestly haven't been able to catch any of the Sharks games this year and can't recall the play of much of the defense outside of Vlasic, Burns, and Boyle.

Demers and Braun could both fair well in the Top-4. Murray is more of a stay-at-home #6. I'd do Murray and a pick for Setoguchi, or maybe Braun for Setoguchi straight up. That's about it though.

tyratoku 01-26-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 58405431)
Seto's blowing chunks right now. I've watched two Wild games so far and he's just not good.

Since last season it's been speculated by alot of us on the board that he's still got his brain in San Jose. He just looks uninterested a lot of the time, and then last season when he went out and partied with a bunch of Sharks and missed curfew, meh. The guy's got skill, but I just don't see all that much heart in him. He's been skating faster and harder than he did last season, but his shooting and passing has been brutal so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 58405475)
Demers and Braun could both fair well in the Top-4. Murray is more of a stay-at-home #6. I'd do Murray and a pick for Setoguchi, or maybe Braun for Setoguchi straight up. That's about it though.

Demers looks like he's a right handed guy. Looks like he's a 20-30 point a season guy, which would be awesome for the Wild. Outside of 2-3 guys, most of the Wild D are at best 15-20 point players. Meh. And I see Braun is from St. Paul. That's interesting, I guess.

Between the two of them, I'd like to see something around Demers and Seto.

Puckgenius* 01-26-2013 08:15 PM

Alot of teams could use Murrays phsyical game, Flames, Oilers and Wings id say are at the top.

How about Murray for Comeau? Comeau is as speedy as they come and hes got decent hands and good on the PK.

magic school bus 01-26-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Good skater, can play the power play, underrated physical game. I still think he has 30+ points upside. I value him more than Braun and really hope he's not traded. (I'd much rather move Murray if anyone on the defense has to go.) Not sure if you'll see the high end of his offensive potential as long as Boyle is here though.

CanadienShark 01-26-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Please don't ask. He's great for San Jose and I just can't see him leaving. I wouldn't want anything on the Habs for him, and those are my two favourite teams.

DuckEatinShark 01-26-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 58401019)

Sure. Murray and 3rd. Read would look great on our 3rd/4th line.

Quote:

I'd take a chance on Seto. He was great here in SJ and I think he still wants to be here. It'll be something small, like Braun for Seto+3rd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 58410073)
Alot of teams could use Murrays phsyical game, Flames, Oilers and Wings id say are at the top.

How about Murray for Comeau? Comeau is as speedy as they come and hes got decent hands and good on the PK.

I'm not sure why the Flames would want Murray, considering he's a pending UFA and is unlikely to re-sign with you. Regardless Comeau hasn't been impressive so far and we can get better offers than Comeau (ie. Read).

Put Stempniak on the table and we can add some picks with Murray. I'm not sure how high you guys value Stemp at all though.

Crafton 01-26-2013 09:23 PM

Tyler Kennedy :sarcasm: