HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Jonathon Blum (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333749)

jprivel 01-26-2013 05:47 PM

Jonathon Blum
 
Hey guys, I feel like an idiot asking this but I have looked everywhere and I can't find where jonathon blum is playing this season. Is he being sidelined by the preds because he hasn't played one game with nashville and hockeydb says he isn't on Milwaukee's active roster?

Thanks

Top 6 Spaling 01-26-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprivel (Post 58402173)
Hey guys, I feel like an idiot asking this but I have looked everywhere and I can't find where jonathon blum is playing this season. Is he being sidelined by the preds because he hasn't played one game with nashville and hockeydb says he isn't on Milwaukee's active roster?

Thanks

He is with the big squad, but not playing. At this point he's an injury fill in, but I expect to see him get some minutes soon enough.

jprivel 01-26-2013 06:57 PM

thanks!

Jonesey 01-26-2013 10:23 PM

I'm surprised he hasn't been in yet this season, but no one on our D has played badly enough to warrant a change. I'd expect to see him at least once on this road trip though.

april 01-27-2013 05:15 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense, if they are scratching him every game in Nashville, to put him in milwaukee so he doesn't get rusty? Doesn't seem fair to scratch the same guy every game and not give him a chance to prove himself (and either sink or swim)

deanwormer 01-28-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trade Legwand (Post 58429121)
I'm surprised he hasn't been in yet this season, but no one on our D has played badly enough to warrant a change. I'd expect to see him at least once on this road trip though.

I think I disagree with this; Gill has had a couple pretty bad games, and we already know what his limits are for his game. If Trotz could rely on Blum on the PK, I think we'd start to see more minutes from Blum. Of course, without playing, I don't know how Blum is sposed to show Trotz he can rely on him.....

PredsV82 01-28-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanwormer (Post 58520741)
I think I disagree with this; Gill has had a couple pretty bad games, and we already know what his limits are for his game. If Trotz could rely on Blum on the PK, I think we'd start to see more minutes from Blum. Of course, without playing, I don't know how Blum is sposed to show Trotz he can rely on him.....

Blum is experiencing the Kline Conundrum... too good for Milwaukee, not yet good enough for Nashville.

Sit in the box, learn the game, practice hard, and when you get your chance, play well.

He will get his chance.... but Gill is not getting benched unless he's dinged up and needs a rest

adsfan 01-29-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 58521199)
Blum is experiencing the Kline Conundrum... too good for Milwaukee, not yet good enough for Nashville.

Sit in the box, learn the game, practice hard, and when you get your chance, play well.

He will get his chance.... but Gill is not getting benched unless he's dinged up and needs a rest

How can you tell? Gill isn't exactly Pavel Bure when it comes to footspeed!

101st_fan 01-29-2013 08:39 PM

Gill's game has nothing to do with speed. It's getting that big body into position, eating up space, using his reach, mass against the boards. Blum needs either Hannan or Ellis to slip in their play ... or for Trotz to try seven d-men and sit Clune for a game.

NoNecksCurse 01-29-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 58641039)
Gill's game has nothing to do with speed. It's getting that big body into position, eating up space, using his reach, mass against the boards. Blum needs either Hannan or Ellis to slip in their play ... or for Trotz to try seven d-men and sit Clune for a game.

i think trotz should sit clune and roll with 7 defenseman.. let blum play. all clune has proved good for is a once a game fight where the other guy hits him alot..

101st_fan 01-29-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 58644011)
i think trotz should sit clune and roll with 7 defenseman.. let blum play. all clune has proved good for is a once a game fight where the other guy hits him alot..

It takes a certain special talent to take repeated punches ... and go back for more.

NoNecksCurse 01-29-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 58645759)
It takes a certain special talent to take repeated punches ... and go back for more.

you may be right. dont really see how a team gets energy from seeing their guy get whooped every night, though

predfan24 01-29-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 58645759)
It takes a certain special talent to take repeated punches ... and go back for more.

"Special Talent" or as most people like to call it.....Insanity :laugh: Props to him though. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't let myself be a punching bag for hundred of thousands of dollars a year while playing a game as well.

cleangene63 01-30-2013 12:29 AM

Blum over SK74. Clune was closer to the net with the puck than Mr. 0 shots on goal.

NYVanfan 02-11-2013 10:31 AM

hey all,
just wondering about Blum -- I'm high on this guy (remember how good he was in a playoff series vs the canucks a couple years ago), but he seems to be struggling to secure a spot. I know he's gotten in as #7D lately -- how's that going? Is he making any progress?
cheers

kypredsfan 02-11-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYVanfan (Post 59485299)
hey all,
just wondering about Blum -- I'm high on this guy (remember how good he was in a playoff series vs the canucks a couple years ago), but he seems to be struggling to secure a spot. I know he's gotten in as #7D lately -- how's that going? Is he making any progress?
cheers

I think he's looked pretty good. He is more offensive and getting PP time I think.

triggrman 02-11-2013 11:18 AM

Yeah, he's right there with Josi and Ellis to me, each bring something a little different but all look like very talented young defensemen.

Blum is far better than Gill for sure.

Legionnaire11 02-11-2013 11:45 AM

Seems like all of these young guys are finally ready. But we'll stick with the veterans while they're under contract. Trotz is always loyal to the vets and sees no reason to rush the kids in.

Hannan is on a one year contract and probably won't be back. Gill is signed through next season, but can definitely be pushed down to the 7th spot or possibly traded. Keep in mind that the reason we have Hannan and Gill on the roster is that we really had no idea if Ellis and/or Blum would progress and stick on the roster. Now that they're proving to be ready, they will be permanent fixtures on the blueline as the older guys are phased out.

StarvinArvin38 02-11-2013 12:34 PM

kids been incredible. he can pass, shoot, play sound positioning, and hit well. Hes deserves to stay up. Id be all for scratching or trading Gill once Blum has a little more time to settle in.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.