HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: 2nd line winger to NYR (Hemsky, Cammalleri, Clowe) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333795)

Puckgenius* 01-26-2013 06:44 PM

2nd line winger to NYR (Hemsky, Cammalleri, Clowe)

Callahan and Stepan are fine but Pyatt isnt 2nd line material and rangers could use some more secondary scoring

Some possible good fits

R. Bourque
Cammalleri
Hemsky
Clowe

Cammalleri for Sauer and krieder
Or
Bourque for Rupp and 2nd
Or
hemsky for Sauer,1st and asham
Or
clowe for Krieder

Crede777 01-26-2013 06:53 PM

Why not try Kreider at that spot before trying to trade him (not trolling, curious).

inthewings 01-26-2013 06:53 PM

"Cammalleri for Sauer and krieder"

I'm a fan of neither team, but this seems like a violation.

magic school bus 01-26-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 58406989)
Or
Bourque for 2nd
Or
hemsky for Sauer and Pyatt
Or
clowe for Krieder

If we were 0-4 instead of 4-0, I would do this trade. But it doesn't make sense for SJ now with the way we're playing.

Puckgenius* 01-26-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede777 (Post 58408047)
Why not try Kreider at that spot before trying to trade him (not trolling, curious).

Rangers are a top contender this year and next, they could use a seasoned vet in their secondary scoring.

zeus3007* 01-26-2013 07:14 PM

Sauer isn't needed in Edmonton. Pyatt probably not either, even though we can use some size in our forwards. Ideally we can`t move Hemsky unless its for a power forward that can take his spot. I'd think about Hemsky for Brian Boyle and a first, but it leaves a hole in our top six and makes us have to use Ryan Smyth in that capacity again, which I don`t support. I don`t think there`s a deal for Hemsky here.

hlaverty06 01-26-2013 07:16 PM

Hey rangers, offer something worthwhile the way Kreider has played in AHL and now has his value low, Rupp and Asham are valueless, Sauer has medicinal question marks. 1st and 2nd are only real things of value

Puckgenius* 01-26-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlaverty06 (Post 58410201)
Hey rangers, offer something worthwhile the way Kreider has played in AHL and now has his value low, Rupp and Asham are valueless, Sauer has medicinal question marks. 1st and 2nd are only real things of value

Rupp, sauer and asham arent useless to teams that are soft and lack toughness. Adding a guy like Asham would do wonders for the small Oilers

DevilChuk* 01-26-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Or
Bourque for Rupp and 2nd
Or
Or
clowe for Krieder

Sauer hasn't played in over a year and is still on LTIR. Not only can he not be traded but he has absolutely zero value as is (until he can prove he is healthy and still playing as well as he was before the injury).

Going to have to give up something of substance (i.e. not Rupp, Asham or Krieder who is struggling at the moment) to get anyone.. yet alone someone of Clowe or Cammaleri's caliber.

Hero 01-26-2013 08:55 PM

Cammaleri only makes sense if Cgy eats salary

Killem Dafoe 01-26-2013 09:11 PM

Kreider isn't trade bait just because he's struggling to find his groove. He's going to be just fine and we should hold on to him.

TheJuxtaposer 01-26-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 58408291)
If we were 0-4 instead of 4-0, I would do this trade. But it doesn't make sense for SJ now with the way we're playing.

I'm not a Kreider fan (as most Rangers fans will attest :laugh:), but I'd do it in a heartbeat. Personally, I think the player who Kreider's playing style most resembles is Marleau's (although obviously he doesn't have Marleau's IQ or hands). Both elite skaters who are big strong guys, great shots, net-front game, etc. He'd be a great addition, and Marleau's a good mentor (Michalek, for example).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede777 (Post 58408047)

Because he's not playing well.

DuckEatinShark 01-26-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Callahan and Stepan are fine but Pyatt isnt 2nd line material and rangers could use some more secondary scoring

Some possible good fits

R. Bourque
Cammalleri
Hemsky
Clowe

Or
Bourque for Rupp and 2nd
Or
Or
clowe for Krieder

Playoff teams don't trade their 2nd line winger for a player in the AHL. If Kreider can't crack the Rangers lineup, he's not going to replace Clowe on the Sharks 2nd line wing.

magnet43 01-26-2013 09:38 PM

What would you give for Kessel?

OCPenguin 01-26-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Some possible good fits

R. Bourque
Cammalleri
Hemsky
Clowe

Or
Bourque for Rupp and 2nd
Or
Or
clowe for Krieder

Please trade for Hemsky so we don't have to hear Edmonton fans say he'd be a great fit in Pittsburgh. It makes all of us gag. By the way, they think Hemsky is worth more than that - alot more.

Hatrick Marleau 01-26-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 58424055)
I'm not a Kreider fan (as most Rangers fans will attest :laugh:), but I'd do it in a heartbeat. Personally, I think the player who Kreider's playing style most resembles is Marleau's (although obviously he doesn't have Marleau's IQ or hands). Both elite skaters who are big strong guys, great shots, net-front game, etc. He'd be a great addition, and Marleau's a good mentor (Michalek, for example).

Yup, I agree with this. He is the type of player that Havlat and Couture need.

JawandaPuck 01-26-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 58424055)

I think Kreider is injured.

KingCanadain1976 01-26-2013 09:56 PM

I ll offer penner or gagne for Kreider injuryed or not

TheJuxtaposer 01-26-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JawandaPuck (Post 58426633)
I think Kreider is injured.

Is this a conjecture, or have you heard a report?

Lord Flacko* 01-26-2013 10:03 PM

What the hell happened to Kreider? A few months ago Rangers fans were telling me hes better than Kassian

JawandaPuck 01-26-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 58427165)
Is this a conjecture, or have you heard a report?

"This morning the Rangers called up Benn Ferriero to take the place of Chris Kreider who is out of the lineup with an ankle issue."
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...ther-nhl-shot/
...bone chips in his ankle.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

The conjecture part would be the that it may have been effecting him all year.

BarDownBobo 01-26-2013 10:08 PM

Base something around Hemsky for Kreider, and you could have something. Wouldn't be straight up, prolly some different pieces from both sides. Sauer and Asham aren't needed in Edm, and you don't have a 2013 First, and Oilers need prospects who are 1-2 seasons out, not a 2014 First.

GAGLine 01-26-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Some possible good fits

R. Bourque
Cammalleri
Hemsky
Clowe

Or
Bourque for Rupp and 2nd
Or
Or
clowe for Krieder

You know there's a salary cap, right? Please stop making Ranger related trade proposals. You're bad at it.

Hero 01-26-2013 11:11 PM

Does Kessel count ;)

Halpysback 01-26-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 58410413)
Rupp, sauer and asham arent useless to teams that are soft and lack toughness. Adding a guy like Asham would do wonders for the small Oilers

What kind of wonders would those be exactly?