HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   *ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1333825)

spiny norman 01-26-2013 07:18 PM

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Continue.

The Saurus 01-26-2013 07:21 PM

To arsemaster, who stated that it's Toronto fans responsible for bringing Toronto into the thread: I suggest you take a look at the posts by Vancouver fans. Toronto fans are responding to Vancouver fans who are either attacking their team or making Toronto proposals.

Steamer 01-26-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saurus (Post 58410749)
To arsemaster, who stated that it's Toronto fans responsible for bringing Toronto into the thread: I suggest you take a look at the posts by Vancouver fans. Toronto fans are responding to Vancouver fans who are either attacking their team or making Toronto proposals.

Actually the thread is supposed to be about Lou and possible destinations, instead there are post after posts by Leaf fans dissing Lou and the Canucks in general. Is it any wonder Canuck fans respond by heaping scorn on what is clearly among the most disfunctional sports franchises in NA? Yep go Browns and Toronto FC!

The Saurus 01-26-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steamer (Post 58412803)
Actually the thread is supposed to be about Lou and possible destinations, instead there are post after posts by Leaf fans dissing Lou and the Canucks in general. Is it any wonder Canuck fans respond by heaping scorn on what is clearly among the most disfunctional sports franchises in NA? Yep go Browns and Toronto FC!

Interesting perspective. However, go read the the last few pages of the last thread to understand where I'm coming from. :)

Co Ho* 01-26-2013 07:50 PM

Seriously, Leafs fans basically agreed they aren't interested in Lou anymore and that we're not good trading partners, yet they keep posting in these threads and trolling Canucks fans.

sparxx87 01-26-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steamer (Post 58412803)

Vancouver has never won anything.. Even if Luongo is a fit in Toronto, the fanbases aren't going to agree on a deal. May as well just quit trying.

Since Florida seems to be a preference of his, why not try the other team in FLA?

Garon + Brett Connolly

I'm not a fan of either team, but it doesn't look like Lindback is ready for the job as Yzerman had hoped, and they have a solid team aside from in the crease... Not sure how Stevie feels about the term, but Luongo could be a fit in Tampa IMO.

Not sure if they'd have any interest in moving Connolly considering his ceiling, but St. Louis isn't getting any younger.. They have a chance to make a run now if they get a goalie.

Lonny Bohonos 01-26-2013 07:50 PM

Lol this thread needs a good old fashion rumble. Who will be the socs and who will be the greasers?

thadd 01-26-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 58414103)
Seriously, Leafs fans basically agreed they aren't interested in Lou anymore and that we're not good trading partners, yet they keep posting in these threads and trolling Canucks fans.

Whether or not Leafs fans want Lu, that's not going to change Leafs' management mind. They're interested in him but not at the price Vancouver wants.

I'm guessing Vancouver will eventually give in.

Kadri + replacement goalie + salary dump if needed.

No, that's not what you'd want for a starting goalie who's good for 30 wins every year that your team plays 82 games, but that's what you're going to get. Too many options out there for goalies and Lu's contract is very complicated on a number of levels.

marty111 01-26-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 58414701)

I hope the Leafs don't make that trade.

MikeK 01-26-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 58414701)
Whether or not Leafs fans want Lu, that's not going to change Leafs' management mind. They're interested in him but not at the price Vancouver wants.

No, that's not what you'd want for a starting goalie who's good for 30 wins every year that your team plays 82 games, but that's what you're going to get. Too many options out there for goalies and Lu's contract is very complicated on a number of levels.

LOL... You keep dreaming.

Stats01 01-26-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 58414103)

Because we keep getting proposals of Kadri, Gardiner or a first, it aint happening!! Thats why we're here.

rune74 01-26-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stats01 (Post 58415291)
Because we keep getting proposals of Kadri, Gardiner or a first, it aint happening!! Thats why we're here.

Hey boys, there's a new sheriff in town.

Florida could use a goalie heh.

Yzlamic Preacher 01-26-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparxx87 (Post 58414115)
Vancouver has never won anything.. Even if Luongo is a fit in Toronto, the fanbases aren't going to agree on a deal. May as well just quit trying.

Since Florida seems to be a preference of his, why not try the other team in FLA?

Garon + Brett Connolly

I'm not a fan of either team, but it doesn't look like Lindback is ready for the job as Yzerman had hoped, and they have a solid team aside from in the crease... Not sure how Stevie feels about the term, but Luongo could be a fit in Tampa IMO.

Not sure if they'd have any interest in moving Connolly considering his ceiling, but St. Louis isn't getting any younger.. They have a chance to make a run now if they get a goalie.

Well no, have to repeat this at least once a thread. We will not trade for Lou, if only for the glaring reason of having one lifetime contract, and glaring cap issues with Lous cap hit. His salary is fine, cap hit won't fit. People who say IMO and mention how Tampa is a fit, well your opinion is wrong. Goalie position is a little shaky yes, logistically though we can not take on his cap hit. So stop please mentioning us.

The Saurus 01-26-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune74 (Post 58415651)
Hey boys, there's a new sheriff in town.

Florida could use a goalie heh.

I don't know about you but Jose Theodore's .939's save percentage is very impressive. Isn't Theo only a year or so older than Luongo as well?

bennysflyers16 01-26-2013 08:14 PM

Bryz has been fantastic yet again, damn he is good this year. But if Lou isn't in Fla tomorrow I will be shocked. Wow their goalies are awful tonight.

rune74 01-26-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saurus (Post 58416099)
I don't know about you but Jose Theodore's .939's save percentage is very impressive. Isn't Theo only a year or so older than Luongo as well?

Just looking at his game tonight. But you're are right we shouldn't take just a few games to see where his stats are.

Edit: it is funny how certain people get all defensive if we mention another team other then theirs in a loungo trade.

The Saurus 01-26-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune74 (Post 58416249)
Just looking at his game tonight.

Goalies just have bad games at times.

Just look at Schneider who laid an egg in the first game of the year, for example.

Flair Hay 01-26-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos (Post 58414145)
Lol this thread needs a good old fashion rumble. Who will be the socs and who will be the greasers?

(Pure) gold, Ponyboy.

rune74 01-26-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saurus (Post 58416491)
Goalies just have bad games at times.

Just look at Schneider who laid an egg in the first game of the year, for example.

Maybe, but we have progressively gotten better as we went along, not worse. Like other teams. Why so defensive of florida?

The Saurus 01-26-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune74 (Post 58416899)
Maybe, but we have progressively gotten better as we went along, not worse. Like other teams. Why so defensive of florida?

Not defensive at all. Jose Theodore has been great through his first three games of the year. He's also not much older than Roberto so it wouldn't make much sense for them to trade for him. Just my opinion. :)

Steamer 01-26-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Duh don't come here and read the posts then, the thread is about Lou not the maple leafs

lawrence 01-26-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

This hasn't happened for a while now, on top of that, there are Canucks fans, who already said, there not interested in those guys anyways. Nice try, trying to make Canucks fans look bad again. I know its the culture here, but nice try.

Steamer 01-26-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparxx87 (Post 58414115)
Vancouver has never won anything.

Actually untrue, they have never won the cup, they won the last two Presidents Trophies and two Clarence Cambell bowls. Yes I am aware this means little compared with the cup, however, you were either ignoring facts or deliberately trying to inflame Canuck fans , either that or you are not fluent in English.

Vankiller Whale 01-26-2013 08:41 PM

Seems to be a lot of goaltending issues around the league tonight. Florida and Toronto getting lit up.

The Saurus 01-26-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 58419487)
Seems to be a lot of goaltending issues around the league tonight. Florida and Toronto getting lit up.

Try watching the games. James Reimer has played very well.