HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Proposal: Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1334325)

BBH 01-27-2013 10:38 AM

Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread
 
If you've got a proposal that seems legitimate, or you've heard something through the hockey grapevine, or you've anything related to trading, post it here. My idea is to keep everything in one thread and to have a more friendly atmosphere than the Spartan-Athenian war that is the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk section.

crazyhawk 01-27-2013 10:47 AM

I still think the Hawks should go after a potential 1B goaltender.
Though Bishop is no Rinne, he would be an upgrade to Emery and I think we could get him from Ottawa for a 2nd and mid to lower tier prospect.
Bernier interests me as well but not so easy to deal within our own conference.

brtriad 01-27-2013 11:25 AM

I'd prefer to keep this trash on the trade boards, or as I like to call it, the bowels of HF. If there's a legitimate rumor brewing with a source that's not JJ, that's a different story.

sketch22 01-27-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhawk (Post 58448381)
I still think the Hawks should go after a potential 1B goaltender.

I still don't understand why people are so concerned with upgrading the back up goaltender. Come playoff time the back up will never see the ice. So why would the Hawks (a playoff team) use assets to acquire a player who won't play during the most important games of the year? I would much rather they hang on to the 2nd (which they don't even have this year), trade for some depth at center for the 3rd or 4th lines, or (if they do make a move for a goalie) go after someone who is at least better than Crawford.

Going after Bishop just seems like a waste of resources to me.

Bubba88 01-27-2013 11:57 AM

getting a competent backup will push Crawford. If the backup is better, he will play in the POs.


Players I want Bowman to add
Marcel Goc
Jacob Josefsson
Tyler Bozak
Ryan OReilly

ROR would be perfect for us. Think it may end up with a Subban - ROR trade


Bruce Garrioch, ok it's Garrioch, reports that the Avs quitely shop ROR. Asking for a young forward + 2nd.
I'd give them that and next year make room for his higher Cap Hit.

Toews, Bolland, ROR & Krüger at Center. That would be good enough in my books

sketch22 01-27-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 58451617)
Bruce Garrioch, ok it's Garrioch, reports that the Avs quitely shop ROR. Asking for a young forward + 2nd.
I'd give them that and next year make room for his higher Cap Hit.

Toews, Bolland, ROR & Krüger at Center. That would be good enough in my books

ROR is reportedly asking for 5 mil per year. That is quite a lot of money for a 3C and the Hawks only have a little 10 mil in cap space next year (assuming Olesz is a buyout and Monty on IR) to fill 7 spots. Spending 5 mil on ROR (while also signing Kruger and Leddy to extensions) means the Hawks would have to dump quite a bit of salary to fill out the team. Also the only young forward the Hawks have that might interest the Avs (for ROR atleast) is probably Saad.

Hawkaholic 01-27-2013 12:41 PM

I don't think our goalie problem is going to be solved until the off season. Teams will be asking too much for their goalies this year (before the TD) and will have no problem holding onto them for insurance if they aren't offered enough.

I say wait till the off season to find our 1B goalie, since the asking price will be lower, and there will be more to choose from at that time.

zytz 01-27-2013 01:03 PM

While I would love to bring in RoR I just can't see how we could afford it, especially with all of the signings that have to happen this summer.

MurrayBannerman 01-27-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 58451617)
getting a competent backup will push Crawford. If the backup is better, he will play in the POs.


Players I want Bowman to add
Marcel Goc
Jacob Josefsson
Tyler Bozak
Ryan OReilly

ROR would be perfect for us. Think it may end up with a Subban - ROR trade


Bruce Garrioch, ok it's Garrioch, reports that the Avs quitely shop ROR. Asking for a young forward + 2nd.
I'd give them that and next year make room for his higher Cap Hit.

Toews, Bolland, ROR & Krüger at Center. That would be good enough in my books

ROR won't happen. Bozak or maybe Eller could happen.

Blackhawkswincup 01-27-2013 01:08 PM

I would not mind if Leafs falter and make Bozak available

Would be good 3rd line C pickup

Cullksinikers 01-27-2013 01:31 PM

The dream third line center is Nielsen. I have been the biggest advocate to get him Chicago for a couple years now. They love him out there and was recently signed, but if we pony up, I wonder how hard it would be to say no.

xX Hot Fuss 01-27-2013 01:36 PM

I would love Nielsen on the Hawks. I think isles fans wouldn't mind parting with him either. They have some young guys coming up that would fill his role.

BobbyJet 01-27-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sketch22 (Post 58450399)
I still don't understand why people are so concerned with upgrading the back up goaltender. Come playoff time the back up will never see the ice. So why would the Hawks (a playoff team) use assets to acquire a player who won't play during the most important games of the year? I would much rather they hang on to the 2nd (which they don't even have this year), trade for some depth at center for the 3rd or 4th lines, or (if they do make a move for a goalie) go after someone who is at least better than Crawford.

Going after Bishop just seems like a waste of resources to me.

And if Crawford gets injured? What then? Hawks have been rolling the dice with their goaltending situation for too long.

Cullksinikers 01-27-2013 01:40 PM

I think a Nabokov/Nielsen deal makes sense.

BobbyJet 01-27-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 58455057)
I would not mind if Leafs falter and make Bozak available

Would be good 3rd line C pickup

Doubt it could happen but Bozak and Stalberg had pretty good chemistry as rookies in TO.

Cullksinikers 01-27-2013 01:44 PM

I don't think guys like ROR are the guys to look at. People like Goc and Nielsen create depth. You also need a goaltender. Offensive firepower isn't the route to go.

xX Hot Fuss 01-27-2013 01:54 PM

I'd imagine Stalberg would be a major piece to any trade the Hawks do. He's going to ask for, and get, a decent raise with his new contract. We cant add more salary in a deal. Salary needs to either remain where it is now or be lessened.

Frans has a $2.75 mil cap hit for the next 4 seasons (including this one). That should be about what Stalberg asks for to be honest.

sketch22 01-27-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJet (Post 58456327)
And if Crawford gets injured? What then? Hawks have been rolling the dice with their goaltending situation for too long.

So your reasoning is that the Hawks should use valuable resources to acquire a back up because of the (rather remote) possibility that Crawford gets seriously injured and misses time.

I would fully support upgrading to someone better than Crawford, but trading for a back up just seems wasteful.

Spectra 01-27-2013 02:14 PM

Stalberg + Pirri/Olsen for Nielsen. Value seems fair but know the Islanders really like Nielsen.

brtriad 01-27-2013 03:26 PM

I wouldn't give up Stalberg alone for Nielsen.

Cullksinikers 01-27-2013 03:27 PM

I'd do Pirri and a 1st since he's locked up to a reasonabe deal.

CREW99AW 01-27-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 58456319)
I would love Nielsen on the Hawks. I think isles fans wouldn't mind parting with him either. They have some young guys coming up that would fill his role.


Islander fans are penciling college prospects, ahlers who've never played 1 nhl game and junior players onto the NYI roster, in place young nhlers.

I'm going to guess that Snow is more realistic, not interested in trading contributing nhlers because some 19 yr old is tearing it up in juniors:shakehead

CREW99AW 01-27-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectra (Post 58458167)
Stalberg + Pirri/Olsen for Nielsen. Value seems fair but know the Islanders really like Nielsen.

Nielsen sign a cheap 4 yr extension.

Stalberg's an impending ufa. Isles have a glut of kids.

Isles aren't trading Nielsen imo for a short term move or to add depth.

Cullksinikers 01-27-2013 03:44 PM

Your team is bad. When your team is in need of improvement and is not near making the playoffs, a change is in order. You can trade him and hope the high pick and the couple prospects you get wind up total being a better package than what Nielsen contributed to your team.

Cullksinikers 01-27-2013 03:50 PM

I'm not a Stalberg-for-Nielsen guy. However, how is getting prospects in return bad? Who cares if the Isles' offensive and defensive productivity take a step back. It's not like they are or will be in the playoff hunt. They should utilize him as a piece to get three potentially solid ones in return.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.