HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hornqvist injury (Update: Out 3-4 weeks w/sprained knee, no structural damage) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1334381)

Shea Weber 01-27-2013 12:42 PM

Hornqvist injury (Update: Out 3-4 weeks w/sprained knee, no structural damage)

If Horny is out for an extended period of time, as it looks....who do you call up?

Mueller? I know people want Watson, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Hali was a scratch last night, so I guess he can take that unfilled spot.

BigFatCat999 01-27-2013 12:46 PM

Watson. He's due a reward for his good play in Milwaukee

alexmanu 01-27-2013 12:46 PM

Someone suggest signing Petr Sykora in another thread, that wouldn't be a bad idea. If we were calling up someone from the minors to fill some of the void he will leave then I would say it is between Taylor Beck and Austin Watson.

Top 6 Spaling 01-27-2013 12:49 PM

Beck if we're calling someone up. I would love Sykora though.

Nitrous Mafia 01-27-2013 01:01 PM

anyone have video of the hit?

Iron Duke 01-27-2013 01:08 PM

Going to be getting a bigger dose of Brandon Yip on the PP now, methinks.

Neal Before Zod 01-27-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brah (Post 58454693)
anyone have video of the hit?

My brother told me on the phone that he saw Getzlaf slew foot Hornqvist. That was after I saw the replay, and I hadn't been looking for it...so I don't know.

I'm interested in seeing it now.

TootooTrain 01-27-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 58453915)
Watson. He's due a reward for his good play in Milwaukee

Either him or Beck. Probably leaning towards Beck if the injury is more serious.

Sykora is actually a decent option.

Drake744 01-27-2013 02:07 PM

Sykora seems like such a Preds signing. Over the hill player that Trotz can get the most out of. Go for it. If we call someone up I'd like to see Watson but it may be simply out of curiosity because I don't see him much. I'm sure he'll be here when he's ready, although I do think his first call up will be in an injury situation.

Maybe this is an opportunity for Smith to step up.

worstfaceoffmanever 01-27-2013 02:50 PM

Someone who can clean up in front of the net like Honk does. I'd go with either Beck or Watson.

Whether or not we go outside the organization to fill his spot really depends on how long he's out. If he's out for a week or two, we go with one of the kids; if he's out for a couple of months, we go out and sign somebody Sykora (who's really the only option for offense at this point) and play it by ear once Hornqvist comes back.

Nitrous Mafia 01-27-2013 05:13 PM

i still haven't been able to find a video of it

Drake744 01-27-2013 05:22 PM

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_709.0.jpg

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/1...rnqvist-injury

Shea Weber 01-27-2013 05:46 PM

Isn't Watson getting 3rd line minutes in Milwaukee despite having good numbers? Whats up with that?

KevFist 01-27-2013 06:14 PM

If Hornqvist is out for an extended period of time, I think you have to go after a trade or a FA signing. If it's short term, bring up Watson

headsigh 01-27-2013 09:11 PM

bring up watson for like 7 games. if he does well, keep him around until hornqvist is back (assuming it's not a long-term one).

Seth Lake 01-27-2013 10:47 PM

I think if there is a call up it will be either be Mueller for center or Winchester or Henderson for wing. Watson is doing well in Milwaukee, but that's where they want him to stay and develop. Henderson came to camp and has been doing well in Milwaukee and Winchester is an NHL veteran that likely will be with an NHL team again before the AHL All-Star break is over. FWIW, Henderson, Beck, and Latta all left on vacation for the break today. They were tweeting pictures throughout the morning of each of them sleeping on a plane. I'm betting Mueller or Winchester get the call.

None are replacements internally for Hornqvist. That will come from multiple players stepping up or through a trade.

Drake744 01-27-2013 11:19 PM

Yeah I'd like to see Watson personally, but just because I want to see him play. I'm not going to question the club's willingness to bring him up when he's ready. I'll always believe that when he's ready, he'll be here, so I'd expect someone else. Unless it's Horn's ACL, then we may have to sign someone.

Paranoid Android 01-28-2013 12:36 AM

I don't expect to bring in a direct replacement for Hornqvist. Promote someone from within, and call the next player in line up to fill in on the bottom. Not sure who that is though. SK, Smith, Yip, Halischuk all battle for the spot on Legwand's wing.

I hope Hornqvist is OK. This is a huge loss.

kypredsfan 01-28-2013 02:17 AM

When they showed the replay of Hornqvist going down during the game, slew foot was the first thing to come to mind. However, it looked innocent so...hmm.

As far as a callup, I think Winchester will be called up. He's a nhl vet and probably signed for this exact reason.

PredsV82 01-28-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 58513841)
When they showed the replay of Hornqvist going down during the game, slew foot was the first thing to come to mind. However, it looked innocent so...hmm.

As far as a callup, I think Winchester will be called up. He's a nhl vet and probably signed for this exact reason.

Is Winchester signed with us? Or with Milwaukee on a PTO?

If its the latter then someone else could sign him, right?

Privy 01-28-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 58517917)
Is Winchester signed with us? Or with Milwaukee on a PTO?

If its the latter then someone else could sign him, right?

Milwaukee PTO. He's up to 5 points (1g, 4a) in 3 games.

golfmade 01-28-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 58513841)

I've gone back and watched it several times (I LOVE Gamecenter Live for things like this...) It doesn't look like a slewfoot to me. Basically: The puck comes around the back of the boards, Hornqvist can't reach it so starts skating after it, Getzlaf is coming in from his left, throws a shoulder check but kind of bounces off Hornqvist and begins to fall down, Hornqvist is still skating forward as Getzlaf falls down and brings down Hornqvist with him, in a very awkward way for Hornqvist to fall down and I REALLY hope that it's not a serious injury.

I HATE the Ducks but this didn't look intentional to me.

token grinder 01-28-2013 09:04 AM

I am hopeful for a knee sprain

I would think the good news was he went to Nashville and not straight to surgery, as I thought it may have broken at first.

alexmanu 01-28-2013 09:17 AM

Sykora just signed with Bern... that's that option out of the window then..

I would call up Taylor Beck, he is offensively able and it wouldn't hurt giving him a shot and seeing if he can stick.

deanwormer 01-28-2013 09:29 AM

Well, I guess this depends on what Trotz wants to skate. Put Smitty with Leggy and then whoever you call up with SK and Nick and maybe it's worth calling up Beck or Watson, etc. Otherwise, what sense does it make to bring them up to skate with Goose and Hali/Goon; if that's where they skating it needs to be Mueller or Winchester.