HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Kyle Beach (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1334433)

wings5 01-27-2013 02:09 PM

Kyle Beach

He's slowly starting to get passed by younger prospects in the Chicago system and will surely continue to do so as they draft more prospects. He hasn't really progressed as expected and although injuries have had something to do with it I feel a trade would be in his best interest. He has pretty good hands and fits the role of power forward that many teams covet. He could have the type of success Zack Kassian has had early on if put in the right situation. Question is what is he worth and who wants him?

Any Colour You Like 01-27-2013 02:10 PM

His value is dismal.

Martini* 01-27-2013 02:12 PM

:laugh:

Kyle Beach has no value.

puckerdude10 01-27-2013 02:14 PM

I would trade a pick or a middling prospect for him. I wanted him when he was drafted and now that we have Cody who knows could spark something there. Plus he would have a great guy in the organization to emulate in Backes. What would his price tag be.

MichiganWolverines 01-27-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martini (Post 58458025)
:laugh:

Kyle Beach has no value.

Kyle Beach for a 2013 4th round draft pick and Brian Gibbons? Is that cool?

Martini* 01-27-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 58458155)
Kyle Beach for a 2013 4th round draft pick? Is that cool?

He isnt worth that.

Lonny Bohonos 01-27-2013 02:20 PM

Just goes to show what having a terrible attitude will do for you. What a waste of such potential.

Heres to hearing about him getting in the news a couple of years down the road for some stupid incident in the ECHL.

Hampe 01-27-2013 02:21 PM

I'd give up a mid-to-late round draft pick for him, but I doubt he'd get much more than that.

Halifaxhab* 01-27-2013 02:23 PM

Yannick Weber for Beach

deytookerjaabs 01-27-2013 02:24 PM

His value is low but the OP's assessment is spot on, he could do wake up in another environment because there's no question he has the tools to. I thought this would be the year he'd get 10+ games to see what he'd look like in the NHL but it doesn't look like that is going to happen and it would be nice to see if he got a chance elsewhere.

Domino11 01-27-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 58458671)
Yannick Weber for Beach

Weber as more value then beach !! Beach as zero value .. My gess would be like a 6 round pick or something like that !!

Martini* 01-27-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos (Post 58458487)
Just goes to show what having a terrible attitude will do for you. What a waste of such potential.

Heres to hearing about him getting in the news a couple of years down the road for some stupid incident in the ECHL.

As a STH for the Hogs I have seen first hand the Kyle Beach experience.

He brings his own team down with his crap. Just a negative, selfish person.

He has no value, unless Tallon wants him back and is willing to gamble on him, and even then I doubt it. Let him, like you said, drift thru teams to the ECHL where he belongs. Just a waste of talent.

Kershaw 01-27-2013 02:30 PM

Maybe he can find a way to a lineup like Ben Eager? I'm sure Beach is a fast guy that drops the gloves, right?

Martini* 01-27-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 58459117)
Maybe he can find a way to a lineup like Ben Eager? I'm sure Beach is a fast guy that drops the gloves, right?

Beach is a horrible skater and will find the smallest guy on the other team to drop the gloves with.

Hes a waste.

KingCanadain1976 01-27-2013 02:40 PM

I could see la interested if the price was cheap enuff.

DisgruntledHawkFan 01-27-2013 02:41 PM

Like Eager, ya he's got a bit of skill but would rather run his mouth and beat up guys smaller than him.

crazyhawk 01-27-2013 02:43 PM

The Hawks would have traded him by now if they were going to. A total waste to let him go for a low pick.
They are letting him develop as he missed most all of last year with an injury.
He has issues with taking stupid penalties sure but from what I've heard re his development this year coupled with my gut instinct is that he will find a place in the NHL and hopefully with the Hawks.
So NO to all your low ball offers!
Heck I think if he was put on line 1 with Hoss and Toews he would be putting up similar numbers as Kassian is with the Sedins.

FishManSam 01-27-2013 06:04 PM

At this point, I see him being nothing more then a Tough Guy.

Blackhawkswincup 01-27-2013 06:13 PM

At this point he has no value

Would probably be picked up by a team if placed on waivers but would not be worth bother for team to acquire via trade

Doubt the Hawks re-sign him this summer

Bubba88 01-28-2013 12:52 AM

no trade value, still not sure what will happen with him. Could see him more as a throw in in a bigger deal at the Trade Deadline with the Hawks lack of Draft Picks for this year.

SoupyFIN 01-28-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martini (Post 58459019)
He has no value, unless Tallon wants him back and is willing to gamble on him, and even then I doubt it.

Some AHL player for Beach?

Sergei Shirokov 01-28-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wings5 (Post 58457897)
He's slowly starting to get passed by younger prospects in the Chicago system and will surely continue to do so as they draft more prospects. He hasn't really progressed as expected and although injuries have had something to do with it I feel a trade would be in his best interest. He has pretty good hands and fits the role of power forward that many teams covet. He could have the type of success Zack Kassian has had early on if put in the right situation. Question is what is he worth and who wants him?

Ehh, I'm in favor of given young players with untapped potential a 2nd chance, even if there is little to no chance the player will reach initial potential.

There is no chance he will be Zack Kassian, but there may be hope for him as a 3rd or 4th liner if everything goes smooth.

I'd offer Andrew Ebbett :sarcasm:

Just Kidding, I don't know, Ottawa only delved out a 4th for Filatov.

so maybe Yann Sauve? (Who is in a siimlar situation of sorts, not living up to potential and his contract is coming up) That way we clear a contract.

Brooklanders* 01-28-2013 08:57 AM

Beach, 2nd, and 6th
for
Calvin Dehaan

bernmeister 01-28-2013 08:42 PM

Beach + Olsen + CBH 2nd in 2014
for
Christian Thomas + Eminger + NYR 3rd 2014 + 2015

Thomas is boom bust.
Beach mostly a bust is a throw in here.
Olsen for thomas
Hawks get 2 picks for 1 slightly higher pick.
Eminger is so Hawks can spare letting Olsen go while Clendenning , etc. knock on the door...

Lonny Bohonos 01-28-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov (Post 58515973)
Ehh, I'm in favor of given young players with untapped potential a 2nd chance, even if there is little to no chance the player will reach initial potential.

There is no chance he will be Zack Kassian, but there may be hope for him as a 3rd or 4th liner if everything goes smooth.

I'd offer Andrew Ebbett :sarcasm:

Just Kidding, I don't know, Ottawa only delved out a 4th for Filatov.

so maybe Yann Sauve? (Who is in a siimlar situation of sorts, not living up to potential and his contract is coming up) That way we clear a contract.

If there no chance hell be zack kassian then hes pretty bad. Kassian hasnt exactly set the bar high at this point