HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who will be sellers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1334525)

rockinghockey 01-27-2013 05:29 PM

Who will be sellers?
 
I know that it is early but who do you think will be sellers come the trade deadline?
Who will they have available and what will they want for them?
I can see some of these teams as sellers:
FLD
TO
NYI
CBJ
PHX
CAL
DET
Which teams do you think will be sellers, what players will be available and what will they want for them?

Phion Keneuf 01-27-2013 05:47 PM

Leafs will be for sure.

xECK29x 01-27-2013 05:47 PM

If anything the Isles will be buyers regardless of where they are in the standings. We have cap space to burn and we need legitimate talent, cap teams who will be missing the playoffs will look to shed high cap players for next year to get under the cap.

rockinghockey 01-27-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58468147)
Leafs will be for sure.

Who do they have on the block then, I only see Mac, Franson and Steckel, not going to get much for them.

rockinghockey 01-27-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xECK29x (Post 58468185)
If anything the Isles will be buyers regardless of where they are in the standings. We have cap space to burn and we need legitimate talent, cap teams who will be missing the playoffs will look to shed high cap players for next year to get under the cap.

I see this happening more after the season.
I can see Vis and Streit available.

Unagi 01-27-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58468683)
I see this happening more after the season.
I can see Vis and Streit available.

Since Lubo is coming back February 11th, I imagine they cooked a trade up for him.

Phion Keneuf 01-27-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58468581)
Who do they have on the block then, I only see Mac, Franson and Steckel, not going to get much for them.

Who knows.

Could be Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabovski, etc.
new GM. New value on players

Only ones I don't see moving 100% are JVR, Kadri, and Lupul

CREW99AW 01-27-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckNoire (Post 58468817)
Since Lubo is coming back February 11th, I imagine they cooked a trade up for him.

I don't think so.

Since the KHL stopped Vis from playing KHL games, he's sitting on his hands.
A few KHL fans say he does not want to retire, that he wants to play in the KHL next season.

If the isles toll his contract for next season, he's again going to be blocked from playing in the KHL.I think he'll come over and play his 36 nhl games, then leave the NHL for the KHL.

Isles have their top 3 d-men Hamonic, Streit and MacDonald being overworked, playing 27-28 mins in a few of these games. Isles want Vis over to keep them from burning out. The only way he's moved imo, is if they fall out of the race by April 5th.

OLUSAF 01-27-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58468581)
Who do they have on the block then, I only see Mac, Franson and Steckel, not going to get much for them.

Liles to a team that needs a PMD

viper0220 01-27-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58466913)
I know that it is early but who do you think will be sellers come the trade deadline?
Who will they have available and what will they want for them?
I can see some of these teams as sellers:
FLD
TO
NYI
CBJ
PHX
CAL
DET
Which teams do you think will be sellers, what players will be available and what will they want for them?




Way to early to tell.

oilersfan11 01-27-2013 06:09 PM

The Oilers could be sellers.

Zetterberg4Captain 01-27-2013 06:11 PM

all non-playoff teams and in particular the lottery teams

available?
-experienced veterans first
-bottom pairing dmen second(for depth)
-potential UFA's who liekly wont resign third

FishManSam 01-27-2013 06:12 PM

As a Leafs fan, I'm starting to become aware of how poor of a shape our team is in. I think Carlyle is a great coach, but we don't have the right players to compete within his style.

Only players with the Leafs that I think can adjust to his system and play a good role with the team are...

JVR
Lupul
Kulemin
Komarov
Kadri
Bozak
Brown
Orr
Mcclement
Gardiner* With the Marlies, trying to get into game shape
Komisarek
Reimer
Frattin
Kostka (#6/7 man)

In my honest opinion, I think a true rebuild should begin and everyone else should be moved.

rockinghockey 01-27-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 58469925)
The Oilers could be sellers.

I do agree that the Oilers might be sellers, who do you think they move and what would they want for them?

I can see Whitney, Jones, Hemsky and Belanger available for EDM if they are out.

ginovegas 01-27-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58466913)
I know that it is early but who do you think will be sellers come the trade deadline?
Who will they have available and what will they want for them?
I can see some of these teams as sellers:
FLD
TO
NYI
CBJ
PHX
CAL
DET
Which teams do you think will be sellers, what players will be available and what will they want for them?

Add the Canadiens to the list if they aren't in the playoff race come trade deadline
Actually they already have a couple of D-men availble

BarDownBobo 01-27-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58470199)
I do agree that the Oilers might be sellers, who do you think they move and what would they want for them?

I can see Whitney, Jones, Hemsky and Belanger available for EDM if they are out.

If Khabi gets healthy, could definitely see a team giving up a lower pick for him as insurance for a playoff run.

Steve Bennett* 01-27-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58466913)
I know that it is early but who do you think will be sellers come the trade deadline?
Who will they have available and what will they want for them?

Which teams do you think will be sellers, what players will be available and what will they want for them?

The usual suspects: cal, phx, la, clb, car, chi, and maybe just maybe detroit this year but we will see, they always seem to have some majik up their sleeves...

Petro Points 01-27-2013 07:23 PM

I think the Islanders will be good this year...

rockinghockey 01-27-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bennett (Post 58476621)
The usual suspects: cal, phx, la, clb, car, chi, and maybe just maybe detroit this year but we will see, they always seem to have some majik up their sleeves...

DET is really hurting on the back end though; their fwds are still good enough to get it done but in a few years they are going to be hurting as they are getting older.

OCPenguin 01-27-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58489037)
DET is really hurting on the back end though; their fwds are still good enough to get it done but in a few years they are going to be hurting as they are getting older.


I don't see Detroit just packing in the tents and starting a yard sale. It's not their style. That said, this is the start of a transition for that franchise. The top players are all over 30 outside of Fillippa, they could dangle some of the expendable guys for picks. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall keepers. I'd see what I could get for Franzen, Cleary and crew. JMO

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-27-2013 09:16 PM

From the wings any of the old guys; Cleary, Sammy, Huskins, any of our bottom 6 forwards really. Though I don't see us selling off if we're in the hunt.

Prairie Habs 01-27-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bennett (Post 58476621)
The usual suspects: cal, phx, la, clb, car, chi, and maybe just maybe detroit this year but we will see, they always seem to have some majik up their sleeves...

These are "usual suspects"?

Reaper45 01-27-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bennett (Post 58476621)
The usual suspects: cal, phx, la, clb, car, chi, and maybe just maybe detroit this year but we will see, they always seem to have some majik up their sleeves...

Wait what?

Even if you're right, they only pieces I could see being moved are Penner, Richardson, Gagne and Scuderi. That'd leave us with,

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
XXX-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Nolan

Doughty-Mitchell
Voynov-Martinez
Greene-Muzzin
Drewiske

Redline 01-27-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain (Post 58470167)
all non-playoff teams and in particular the lottery teams

available?
-experienced veterans first
-bottom pairing dmen second(for depth)
-potential UFA's who liekly wont resign third

I`d flip the list upside down.

Iowa Wingsfan 01-27-2013 09:51 PM

Quincey and Cleary can be had right now for cheap. And when I say cheap I mean free.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.