HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Borowiecki (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1334539)

NHLFreak 01-27-2013 04:56 PM

Borowiecki

Hey guys how has he looked? Do you expect him to stay or is he a temp replacement?
Also where do u see him down the road.

Orr123 01-27-2013 04:58 PM

I think he's looked good. And been really physical. Which is definitely needed. Blocked a few shots, made some solid defensive plays. I don't have anything to complain about.

Saabman0508 01-27-2013 05:00 PM

He has made the occasional mistake, like pinching for the big hit when he shouldn't have. Other than that he has been very good in my opinion. He looks pretty fast out there, but maybe that's just because he was paired with Phillips for most of the time.

CR15 01-27-2013 05:00 PM

It's only been 4 periods but I love what he has brought so far.

WasTeD 01-27-2013 05:02 PM

He talks really fast.

General Granny* 01-27-2013 05:05 PM

He's been better than Benoit and Wire defensively and bring much needed physicality.Handles the puck better than Philips and skates better than him.

saskriders 01-27-2013 05:07 PM

I'd rather have Weir

OMadahey 01-27-2013 05:48 PM

Hes been very good. So has weir. I hope they both get to play at the same time.

Cornelius Brover 01-27-2013 05:55 PM

Mike Borowiecki is boss

that's all ;)

Ed Wood 01-27-2013 06:04 PM

He looks good. We need a physical presence on the blueline. He's bringing it.

PatrickEaves 01-27-2013 06:58 PM

3-0 with Wier in the lineup.

0-1-1 with Boro.

That is all I have to say.

hockeyalltheway 01-27-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornelius Brover (Post 58474913)
that's all ;)

Dat title. Is Mike Borowiecki the new Rick Condra?

Marty Straka 01-27-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrePetersson (Post 58480843)
3-0 with Wier in the lineup.

0-1-1 with Boro.

That is all I have to say.

You can't honestly think that's the reason we are 0-1-1 :facepalm:

correlation does not mean causation...

Boro has been a force on the blueline and brings a physical game that we don't usually see on the back-end. If anything i'd rather have Wier and Boro playing with Benoit taking a seat.

SPLBRUIN 01-27-2013 07:20 PM

This guy brings you something that is in short supply on your team, a physical presence to aid Methot while Cowan is out. From what I have seen so far I like, kid is tough and looks like he is a real battler out there.

General Granny* 01-27-2013 07:21 PM

I have an idea, Take Benoit out and put in Weir.

If it was up to me I will sit Philips instead.

BonkTastic 01-27-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Straka (Post 58483293)
You can't honestly think that's the reason we are 0-1-1 :facepalm:

correlation does not mean causation...

Boro has been a force on the blueline and brings a physical game that we don't usually see on the back-end. If anything i'd rather have Wier and Boro playing with Benoit taking a seat.

Yeah, good luck trying to convince people of that. I tried to say the same thing about Brian Lee. It was, to say the least, a wasted effort on my part.

General Granny* 01-27-2013 07:24 PM

Well Weir did have a big part on 2 first goals we scored in both games.

He makes great plays on the offensive zone, he just seems so slow to react on his own end.

wubwubwubwub 01-27-2013 07:27 PM

I'd rather have Wier in than Benoit. Wiercioch really created well for us in the first few games. We could have used him tonight, but Borowiecki was one of our best players tonight.

Berserker* 01-27-2013 07:34 PM

He has been great these last two games, which is a bit surprising considering how he was playing in Bingo. Having watched all the Bingo games this season Gryba was starting to surpass him on the depth chart. So far though Borocop doesn't look out of place at all and has made the most of the opportunities given to him. He is already a beast out there in terms of the physicality, he will be a very valuable depth defenceman for years to come.

FolignoQuantumLeap 01-27-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion (Post 58485039)
I'd rather have Wier in than Benoit. Wiercioch really created well for us in the first few games. We could have used him tonight, but Borowiecki was one of our best players tonight.

I think Mac's working towards this. He's gradually getting our rookies more ice time and leaning on the more veteran Benoit while they learn his system and gain some confidence at this level. By game 12 or so, they'll both be in the lineup over Benoit imo.

And kudos to Benoit for what he's done so far. He's done a little bit of everything for us so far and hasn't hurt us besides one desperate play at the end of the Tampa game. Those other two have good potential though. Benoit's maybe done enough to earn himself a one way next year. Happy to have him aboard. He was a big part of that Calder Cup team too.

ReginKarlssonLehner 01-27-2013 07:39 PM

Benoit has been amazing so far, I don't know what else you'd expect from a bottom 6 fill-in. Boro was solid tonight, outside of a couple of bobbles.

Quo 01-27-2013 07:42 PM

Starting to love this kid. Definately a welcome addition to the blueline.

Splitting Gonchar and Phillips was for the best tonight against Pit and I hope it stays that way.

Benoit has been one of the smartest players on the ice in each game he's played. I trust him a lot more than PW right now on the defensive side of things.

Phillips as well for that matter, though it's clear he's lost more than one step.

I'd like to see Wiercioch more as well but with everyone making a solid case for ice-time we may be disappointed in the short-term. There's no question he's looked lost at times. I think McLean is making him earn it. If so, it's all for the best.

edit: in other words, what FQL said. :)

Constantine 01-27-2013 07:45 PM

Don't mess with BoroCop.

Tundraman 01-27-2013 07:52 PM

I'm not sure how well PW can play the right side but Phillips can so they could play:

Karlsson - Methot
Gonchar - Borocop
Phillips - PW

Benoit drops to 7th for now

Stache may not want to play 2 rookies though

MainDotC 01-27-2013 08:00 PM

I thought he was pretty solid - played like a veteran.