HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our goalie situation (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1334879)

Tyler Durden 01-27-2013 11:07 PM

Our goalie situation

What do you think happens next? With Theodore and Clemmensen having poor outings who do you think starts vs TB and WPG this week? Does Markstrom get called up? Does the Luongo trade happen very soon?

angry_treefrog 01-27-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58505383)
What do you think happens next? With Theodore and Clemmensen having poor outings who do you think starts vs TB and WPG this week? Does Markstrom get called up? Does the Luongo trade happen very soon?

Theo was fine. He's been standing on his head all week.

Dineen made the change to try to create a spark - trying anything to get a pulse from this team - didn't work.

Theo will start.

No Luongo. I'm not against the idea in theory but in practice, with the current disaster on ice, the only explanation for a trade where significant assets are going to Vancouver for a goalie we don't need is that the marketing people have won a behind-the-scenes power struggle against the hockey people.

Needless to say, that would be a very bad thing.

Tyler Durden 01-27-2013 11:18 PM

If a trade does happen between Panthers and Canucks for Luongo I'm hearing rumors that Canucks will want Theodore, Weiss, and Parros which isn't that bad considering Weiss will be a FA and has yet even discussed an extension and he's injured may as well lose him for something than nothing. I would start thinking "Luongo trade" in another 2 weeks if we don't get the best out of our goalies.

Erick* 01-27-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58506087)
If a trade does happen between Panthers and Canucks for Luongo I'm hearing rumors that Canucks will want Theodore, Weiss, and Parros which isn't that bad considering Weiss will be a FA and has yet even discussed an extension and he's injured may as well lose him for something than nothing. I would start thinking "Luongo trade" in another 2 weeks if we don't get the best out of our goalies.

Link?

Tyler Durden 01-27-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 58506201)
Link?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-trades/page/4

Ghoste 01-27-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58506087)

No way! I'd lose some respect for Tallon if he made that trade. If we trade Weiss at all, I think he can get us a 1st rounder (at least). No need for Luongo.

Theo has been more than good so far. Don't care much for Clem here early on but he's the backup anyway. Keep Marky down in San Antonio and let him challenge for the starter spot next season.

-ghoste

Tyler Durden 01-27-2013 11:38 PM

I think Theodore should start both games this week, we take a look how he plays, his numbers, if he doen't play that good I'd start thinking about calling up Markstrom and have him start challenging Theodore for the starter spot now. This is Markstrom's time, if that's the case try to trade Clemmenson to either Calgary, Dallas, Edmonton, Phoenix or Toronto for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Ghoste 01-27-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58507215)
I think Theodore should start both games this week, we take a look how he plays, his numbers, if he doen't play that good I'd start thinking about calling up Markstrom and have him start challenging Theodore for the starter spot now. This is Markstrom's time, if that's the case try to trade Clemmenson to either Calgary, Dallas, Edmonton, Phoenix or Toronto for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

This is a serious question (I'm not being facetious) but have you been watching these Panthers games? Just asking because if you haven't and you check up on boxscores, it might lead one to think that our goaltending (more Theo for that matter) has been awful. But this hasn't been the case.

I think Marky is fine where he's at and let him try and help the Rampage make the playoffs.

-ghoste

Erick* 01-27-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58506451)

Sorry. When I said link, I meant to ask for a credible link.

Erick* 01-27-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58507215)

Theodore's been our best player so far.

angry_treefrog 01-28-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58506451)

This carries about as much weight as linking to one of the posts on this forum as a source.

While I am not adverse to trading Weiss under the right circumstances, having a trade where our only top 6 center gets shipped out and no center comes back can in no way make the current situation any better.

SoupyFIN 01-28-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 58505899)
Theo was fine. He's been standing on his head all week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 58508155)
Theodore's been our best player so far.

Yup, IMO there's nothing more Markstrom could do than Theo is already doing night in night out. There's no point in calling him up just to get him shelled and yanked to the bench.

Dr Beinfest 01-28-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 58508127)
Sorry. When I said link, I meant to ask for a credible link.

But Bleacher Report has slideshows...

Slideshows, Erick.

JPG 01-28-2013 09:35 AM

Goalies don't score goals. Goalie is not the problem. 3 goals scored in last 4 games. If you can't understand what the problem is, I can't help you.

harv3317 01-28-2013 09:55 AM

this is ridiculous!!!! weiss and parros????? don't mind giving parros away, but not weiss!!!!! DON'T WANT LUONGO BACK!!!!! he's not an upgrade and is way too expensive and terrible contract!! schneider got all the starts except 1. does that tell you anything???????:rant::rant::shakehead:amazed::help :

Montsy14 01-28-2013 10:33 AM

Clemmensen + Parros + pick/prospect is about as high as it should be.

adam graves 01-28-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 58515853)
This carries about as much weight as linking to one of the posts on this forum as a source.

While I am not adverse to trading Weiss under the right circumstances, having a trade where our only top 6 center gets shipped out and no center comes back can in no way make the current situation any better.

This.

Although Im a little insulted that our posts dont carry more weight. :)

Erick* 01-28-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 58520115)
Clemmensen + Parros + pick/prospect is about as high as it should be.

Yes.

At this point, if you want to get rid of Luongo, take our crappy players and make a deal. If not, leave us and our fanbase alone. We watch the games every night and realize Luongo is not going to save this team at this point. We're 1-4 despite Theodore's 92 Sv%. Creating a thread implying there's a "situation" is laughable. He's our #1, period.

Dread Clawz 01-28-2013 12:19 PM

I think Harv should put everyone outside of Florida on ignore or else he is going to have a nervous breakdown lol.

PSLguy 01-28-2013 12:27 PM

No, no, no to obtaining Luongo. While he is, or may still be, a premier goaltender there is no way I would want the team to be saddled with his contract. The cap is going to be lower and his caphit would eat up valuable space for many, many years!

Even with the Canucks taking the short end of a trade, Luongo's salary is too much in the long run.

Just my $.02!

Dread Clawz 01-28-2013 12:31 PM

I don't know why everyone is so worried. Florida is going to have to even up salary in the deal and Gillis doesn't want that. He thinks he can get a fair deal for Luongo. Maybe he will, but it won't be from Florida.

angry_treefrog 01-28-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 58525751)
I don't know why everyone is so worried. Florida is going to have to even up salary in the deal and Gillis doesn't want that. He thinks he can get a fair deal for Luongo. Maybe he will, but it won't be from Florida.

I think people worry because of the Yorkman factor.

Dread Clawz 01-28-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 58525939)
I think people worry because of the Yorkman factor.

When Yorkman becomes a part owner, then I'll worry.

Howboutthempanthers 01-28-2013 12:49 PM

Nooooo to Luongooooooo. We definitely don't need to trade away something we need (centerman) for something we don't need (goaltender). And I don't like the extra we would have to add to Weiss to get Luongo just in principle. If we are going to trade Weiss I think we would be better served getting a 1st round pick.

FlaPnthrsPunk 01-28-2013 01:25 PM

Goaltending has been the one real positive for the team thus far. Theo has been playing outstanding and it's not his fault one bit that he has no offense to score and a defense to help him out. Clemmensen could have played better in his outing against the Flyers, but overall goaltending is the least of our concerns.

There is absolutely NO reason to acquire Luongo. That would only do harm to the team where it does need to be replaced right now.