HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Bryan Little for your big RW (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1334935)

allan5oh 01-27-2013 11:18 PM

Bryan Little for your big RW
 
Little has been playing at wing and we'd like to upgrade him. He's a great C but current team philosophy seems to be put the big bodies at C.

Would prefer someone with higher point production than Little, we can throw in some picks. Obviously a team with an elite #1C but questionable #2 would be perfect for him.

His current contract has a very economical hit of $2,383,333 and expires into RFA status this year.

surixon 01-27-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 58508959)
Little has been playing at wing and we'd like to upgrade him. He's a great C but current team philosophy seems to be put the big bodies at C.

Would prefer someone with higher point production than Little, we can throw in some picks. Obviously a team with an elite #1C but questionable #2 would be perfect for him.

His current contract has a very economical hit of $2,383,333 and expires into RFA status this year.

I don't see any reason to upgrade him, he's a very good all around player. If he's moved I'd rather it be for a good LH 2nd pairing defenseman.

allan5oh 01-27-2013 11:49 PM

We could do that also, and slot in Scheifele in his spot. Problem is I'd prefer Scheifele as a C in the top 9. Two 6'3" C's (Jokinen and Scheif) plus Antropov at 6'6" sounds killer to me.

Flair Hay 01-28-2013 12:33 AM

Hmm. Not too many teams are looking to make lateral moves. He's the kid of guy that could play third line if we got someone better to bump him down.

Sweech 01-28-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 58508959)
Little has been playing at wing and we'd like to upgrade him. He's a great C but current team philosophy seems to be put the big bodies at C.

Would prefer someone with higher point production than Little, we can throw in some picks. Obviously a team with an elite #1C but questionable #2 would be perfect for him.

His current contract has a very economical hit of $2,383,333 and expires into RFA status this year.

I don't see any reason that the Jets need to move him.

He's a very good #2 RW, with Wheeler being the #1. Plus he's extremely versatile also being able to play C and being decent at faceoffs as well. He can essentially play 4/6 positions in any teams' top 6. Plus he's very good defensively, that's a lot of versatility.

I don't see any reason why the Jets would upgrade him or any justification as to why they would.

Not to mention he finally got slotted back on RW and has looked fantastic already this season. Remember he had a 30 goal season as a winger in Atlanta? Give it some time man. No one's going to value Little as highly as the Jets do.

JetsHomer 01-28-2013 01:33 AM

Little is 5'11. Same height as Crosby. He's not small, he's just not big.

Huffer 01-28-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweech (Post 58512275)
I don't see any reason that the Jets need to move him.

He's a very good #2 RW, with Wheeler being the #1. Plus he's extremely versatile also being able to play C and being decent at faceoffs as well. He can essentially play 4/6 positions in any teams' top 6. Plus he's very good defensively, that's a lot of versatility.

I don't see any reason why the Jets would upgrade him or any justification as to why they would.

Not to mention he finally got slotted back on RW and has looked fantastic already this season. Remember he had a 30 goal season as a winger in Atlanta? Give it some time man. No one's going to value Little as highly as the Jets do.

My thoughts exactly. He's looked very good on the wing so far.

DKQ 01-28-2013 08:42 AM

Not a fan of either team, but what about something around Little for Okposo?

Jetsfareast 01-28-2013 09:21 AM

Little stay

Sweech 01-28-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 58518369)
Not a fan of either team, but what about something around Little for Okposo?

I don't think that's an upgrade to be totally honest.

Okposo can barely stay on his skates.

SirPaste 01-28-2013 09:41 AM

Chris Stewart?

Hivemind 01-28-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 58513141)
Little is 5'11. Same height as Crosby. He's not small, he's just not big.

I don't know man. I'd say he's pretty little.

Hivemind 01-28-2013 09:46 AM

Any interest in Troy Brouwer?

fatschoonerrat 01-28-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 58508959)
Little has been playing at wing and we'd like to upgrade him.

Who is this 'we' you speak of? ;)

Marty Straka 01-28-2013 11:24 AM

Any interest in a guy like Colin Greening? I've always been a big fan of Little.

FrontenacSens 01-28-2013 11:46 AM

I've watched Little ever since he played for Barrie, wouldn't mind him and Postma on the Sens.

Blitz 01-28-2013 12:01 PM

To :jets

RW Drew Stafford ($4M)

Jets get a big bodied winger for the 2nd line.

To :sabres

C/W Bryan Little ($2.4M RFA)

Sabres get some much needed help in the F/O circle (currently batting around 30%). Also allows Buffalo to move Ennis back to a wing.

CREW99AW 01-28-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 58518369)
Not a fan of either team, but what about something around Little for Okposo?

Both are coming off 24 goal seasons.

Why do the isles, deep at center with Tavares, F. Nielsen, Strome, B. Nelson, Sundstrom and Cizikas, want Little?

Moulson-Tavares-KO
Grabner-F. Nielsen-Boyes

Isles need to get bigger and tougher in their top 6.

Sweech 01-28-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 58527593)
To :jets

RW Drew Stafford ($4M)

Jets get a big bodied winger for the 2nd line.

To :sabres

C/W Bryan Little ($2.4M RFA)

Sabres get some much needed help in the F/O circle (currently batting around 30%). Also allows Buffalo to move Ennis back to a wing.

This is the only one I would possibly consider. Stafford IMO is better than the previously mentioned Okposo, Greening, Stewart, etc.

Problem is that Little's versatility in my mind is going to be important if this team contends. When injuries strike it's good to have a guy that can rotate all over your top 6 the way Little does.

nofool6110 01-28-2013 12:28 PM

Weird... This thread has no anger or frustration or terrible terrible options. If i'm the jets, I'm considering the Stafford/Little one for a long time... But I think the Jets say no.

But it's a good option!

WJG 01-28-2013 12:31 PM

I don't think size is a deciding factor. Little has always been productive, even more so now that he's back on the wing.

I know the Jets are trying to ice a "bigger" team, but every team has a couple of small forwards (ex. 5'9" Marchand on Boston and 5'11" Richards on LA)

Marlo Stanfield 01-28-2013 12:31 PM

I think Okposo for Little could work. Not too inclined to move K.O though (up and down on keeping him personally)

DJOpus 01-28-2013 12:37 PM

David Booth?

Lorenzo1000 01-28-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 58508959)
Little has been playing at wing and we'd like to upgrade him. He's a great C but current team philosophy seems to be put the big bodies at C.

Would prefer someone with higher point production than Little, we can throw in some picks. Obviously a team with an elite #1C but questionable #2 would be perfect for him.

His current contract has a very economical hit of $2,383,333 and expires into RFA status this year.

Honestly the poster who asked who this"we is" is spot on. I like Brian Little's effort, faceoff work, speed, play making, defense, penalty killing and much more! No reason to trade him. end of thread.

PaperRockChamp 01-28-2013 01:27 PM

We don't need to get any bigger.

The Jets are the tallest team in the league and 3rd overall in weight.

Little is a great 2nd line RW and "we" don't all think we need to upgrade him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.