HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Kyle Quincey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335005)

melly451 01-28-2013 01:51 AM

Kyle Quincey

As a Colorado fan living in Michigan, once the wings got Quincey my friends wanted to know how good he was. All I said was to wait and see. So far he's lived up to my expectations of being terrible. I mean if you've watched any Red Wing games this year he doesn't even look like he belongs out there. It's a little early to start panicking about not making the playoffs but the wings D looks pretty bad so far, they may want to make a trade for one. Could they try to package something with Kyle for an upgrade? Or even get anything for him?

Generic User 01-28-2013 01:52 AM

IMO, give up your 1st and Wings fans say he's yours. Maybe even a 2nd. ;)

Detroit Swed Wings 01-28-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by generic user (Post 58513455)
imo, give up your 1st and wings fans say he's yours. Maybe even a 2nd. ;)

for free!

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-28-2013 06:25 AM

I thought he was better the past 2 games, he finally seemed to be settling in.:dunno:

He really is just able to play everywhere it's just he's not very good at any of it. If, and this is a big if, he can fix his decision making he will be a good 3/4 for us in the next couple of year and he will have been worth the 1st round pick.

Right now his value is that of a 2nd, if he plays up to his potential ability he could fetch a 1st.

Wingser 01-28-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroit Swed Wings (Post 58515567)
for free!

sign!!!

2 Weekes Notice 01-28-2013 10:18 AM

It'll be interesting to see in 5+ years how the Quincey for Andrei Vasilevskiy (via DET 1st) value looks, even though Tampa Bay was largely seen as the facilitator for Colorado and Detroit at the time.

Freudian 01-28-2013 10:25 AM

On good days he's a #3 and on bad days he's a #5-6. He takes a lot of lazy penalties.

I think Babcock will turn him into a decent player for the Wings with some time.

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-28-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice (Post 58522157)
It'll be interesting to see in 5+ years how the Quincey for Andrei Vasilevskiy (via DET 1st) value looks, even though Tampa Bay was largely seen as the facilitator for Colorado and Detroit at the time.

It would have really depending on who they intended to take with the pick. I'm quite confident it wouldn't have been Vasilevskiy, I'd assume somebody like Laughton, Jankowski, Matta or Gaunce would have been the players they would have targeted. That or trade back into the 2nd round.

Marky9er 01-28-2013 10:28 AM

Steve Downie

The Macho Man 01-28-2013 10:51 AM

Really seems like Tampa won that three way trade.

HTT3* 01-28-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melly451 (Post 58513435)
As a Colorado fan living in Michigan, once the wings got Quincey my friends wanted to know how good he was. All I said was to wait and see. So far he's lived up to my expectations of being terrible. I mean if you've watched any Red Wing games this year he doesn't even look like he belongs out there. It's a little early to start panicking about not making the playoffs but the wings D looks pretty bad so far, they may want to make a trade for one. Could they try to package something with Kyle for an upgrade? Or even get anything for him?

Quincey isn't even Detroit's worse defenseman. And all have been bad. Kronwall is proving he is nothing more than a #3. Ericsson can't stay healthy. White is soft. Kindl is a giveaway machine. Smith is a bonehead and very underwhelming. Huskins has been stable. Lashoff looks good until he makes a bad decision. Cola can't make it through one shift without getting injured and is just god awful.

Under the current circumstance, Quincey is a blessing for this team. He at least adds depth and can move the puck. He won't be winning any awards but helps round out DRWs weak defense.

He is playing much better the past 2 games and has at times looked like the best defender on the ice.. which isn't saying much. Hopefully Babcock can get the most out of the guy.

He's far more valuable to Detroit than to any other team.

Petes2424 01-28-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melly451 (Post 58513435)

He looked absolutely terrible the first two games and marginal in the third game. He was very good Friday night and pretty solid yesterday. If he continues to play the way he has the last two games, he'll get solid minutes and wont go anywhere.

Nzap 01-28-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders (Post 58523635)
Really seems like Tampa won that three way trade.

Only cause Downie injured himself about 10 games in and got a more serious injury now.
I think Downie was worth a 1st rounder.

The Macho Man 01-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzap (Post 58525445)
Only cause Downie injured himself about 10 games in and got a more serious injury now.
I think Downie was worth a 1st rounder.

I can see that, but it worked well for Tampa with all our young players and the fact we now have a stud goalie prospect. I was pissed when the trade went down, though.

Lonewolfe2015 01-28-2013 11:30 AM

Does he still take those stupid hooking/holding penalties because he's caught so far out of position you wonder how he actually managed to get into that spot on the ice?

The Red Line 01-28-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTT3 (Post 58524823)
Quincey isn't even Detroit's worse defenseman. And all have been bad. Kronwall is proving he is nothing more than a #3. Ericsson can't stay healthy. White is soft. Kindl is a giveaway machine. Smith is a bonehead and very underwhelming. Huskins has been stable. Lashoff looks good until he makes a bad decision. Cola can't make it through one shift without getting injured and is just god awful.

Under the current circumstance, Quincey is a blessing for this team. He at least adds depth and can move the puck. He won't be winning any awards but helps round out DRWs weak defense.

He is playing much better the past 2 games and has at times looked like the best defender on the ice.. which isn't saying much. Hopefully Babcock can get the most out of the guy.

Not one single thing in this post is true.

THW 01-28-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 58525643)
Does he still take those stupid hooking/holding penalties because he's caught so far out of position you wonder how he actually managed to get into that spot on the ice?

Nope, he just looks around like he has no idea where he is or should be. He gets his penalties when opposing players outwork him along the boards.

Petes2424 01-28-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Line (Post 58528037)

Well, Huskins has been stable...

HTT3* 01-28-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Line (Post 58528037)

You should try watching a game once in awhile... because sadly, it's very true. Even the poster above me proved you wrong.

LarKing 01-28-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

The Wings D has been bad but you're blowing it way out of proportions, which is saying A LOT.

HTT3* 01-28-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles (Post 58535515)
The Wings D has been bad but you're blowing it way out of proportions, which is saying A LOT.

Anyone who watched a game or two without rosy red glasses on know I'm not. Not sure how you can even try to debate it...

Smith was unspectacular in the AHL this year, and now he is very underwhelming in the NHL.

Kindl gives the puck away.

Kronwall was a -2 in the 5-3 win against Wild, was a -1 yesterday.

Lashoff looked good then he makes a bonehead play or giveaway. But give the kid credit, he's younger and is playing better than Smith who is 24.

White... injured yet again.

CC... injured. He's always injured! :help:

Ericsson how many games has he played? The guy is a 6'6" powder puff that is lucky to play 70 games any given season. How can someone so soft be injured?

Quincey was crap in game #1, not much better in game #2 (thanks to Smith who can't play defense). Game #3 and #4 was better. But hey, atleast the guy plays some games... and is probably the best PMD on the team behind Kronwall.

I can't decide if Jimmy Howard really sucks and is overrated or if it is the D in front of him... I'm leaning towards a little of both.

Tips Fedorov 01-28-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTT3 (Post 58537411)
Anyone who watched a game or two without rosy red glasses on know I'm not. Not sure how you can even try to debate it...

Smith was unspectacular in the AHL this year, and now he is very underwhelming in the NHL.

Kindl gives the puck away.

Kronwall was a -2 in the 5-3 win against Wild, was a -1 yesterday.

Lashoff looked good then he makes a bonehead play or giveaway. But give the kid credit, he's younger and is playing better than Smith who is 24.

White... injured yet again.

CC... injured. He's always injured! :help:

Ericsson how many games has he played? The guy is a 6'6" powder puff that is lucky to play 70 games any given season. How can someone so soft be injured?

Quincey was crap in game #1, not much better in game #2 (thanks to Smith who can't play defense). Game #3 and #4 was better. But hey, atleast the guy plays some games... and is probably the best PMD on the team behind Kronwall.

I can't decide if Jimmy Howard really sucks and is overrated or if it is the D in front of him... I'm leaning towards a little of both.

This is quite the transformation. If I recall correctly you used to be the biggest homer we had.

SoupNazi 01-28-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Quincey isn't even Detroit's worse defenseman.

Yes. Yes he is.

HTT3* 01-28-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 58538257)
Yes. Yes he is.

Smith won that award but Mr-3 in the last two games Kronwall is trying to over take it... :laugh:

Oh look, Kyle Quincey is a +3 the past two games [LINKY].

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarnkrok (Post 58537871)
This is quite the transformation. If I recall correctly you used to be the biggest homer we had.

Nope, a realist.

The Zetterberg Era 01-28-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTT3 (Post 58533805)
You should try watching a game once in awhile... because sadly, it's very true. Even the poster above me proved you wrong.

You keep saying this but you're in the very small minority on Quincey's play and the hatred for Smith when it comes to the same Wings fans watching the games. I get that you think we are all wrong, but you should stop with the watch the games logic. A bunch of us do and aren't trying to push this Smith agenda down everyone elses throat. Quincey has been very bad, better the last two games but still not what is expected of him and what he demanded contract wise. Right now I would be happy to move him for a second once the D gets somewhat healthy.

Unlikely since Holland would have to admit that big mistake but even packaging him with a Tatar for an upgrade would be welcomed.