HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ryan O'Reilly (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335023)

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 04:27 AM

Ryan O'Reilly
 
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/26/...r-slow-startnd the league.

i would send Tynan and our 2nd

could give you a great future C group of Reilly, Anisimov, Jenner and our draft MacKinnon/Barkov/Monahan

candyman82 01-28-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58514977)
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/26/...r-slow-startnd the league.

i would send Tynan and our 2nd

could give you a great future C group of Reilly, Anisimov, Jenner and our draft MacKinnon/Barkov/Monahan

I don't think that would really be enough

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 58515749)
I don't think that would really be enough

for an unsigned player they would be thankful to even get that much, i dont see them getting almost any value with a guy who has really really high demands and proven very little. saw he wants 5.5-6 Mil range and Colorado isn't looking to give him more then 4 Mil

candyman82 01-28-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58515799)
for an unsigned player they would be thankful to even get that much, i dont see them getting almost any value with a guy who has really really high demands and proven very little. saw he wants 5.5-6 Mil range and Colorado isn't looking to give him more then 4 Mil

I don't see how the fact that he is an RFA substantially lowers his value.

Also, he has proven himself to be a very good second line center whose defensive qualities are (IMO) among the best in the league. That's worth more than an undersized boom or bust collegiate center prospect and a second round pick.

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 58517637)
I don't see how the fact that he is an RFA substantially lowers his value.

Also, he has proven himself to be a very good second line center whose defensive qualities are (IMO) among the best in the league. That's worth more than an undersized boom or bust collegiate center prospect and a second round pick.

you dont see how the only reason he's playing (maybe) in the NHL this year is because he was released from his team over sea's? pretty clear he has no desire to be in the NHL to me, why give up much for that type of player? makes no sense

candyman82 01-28-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58517669)
you dont see how the only reason he's playing (maybe) in the NHL this year is because he was released from his team over sea's? pretty clear he has no desire to be in the NHL to me, why give up much for that type of player? makes no sense

That isn't true at all. The KHL deal he signed had an NHL out placed inside the contract. He signed the longer term KHL deal it in order to gain leverage withe the Avs, not because he didn't want to play in the NHL.

I'm also not saying that I think the Jackets should give up a ton in order to get O'Reilly. If we could get him for Tynan and a 2nd I would do that in an instant. I just don't think that the deal you proposed would be the best offer the Avalanche receive for his services.

CBJWennberg41 01-28-2013 09:04 AM

The Avs won't trade ROR and even if they were Tynan and a 2nd wouldn't be enough. Try Jenner + 2nd maybe.

Kev22 01-28-2013 09:19 AM

How about Brassard and a 2nd?

Ludicrous Speed 01-28-2013 10:49 AM

A. Garrioch is full of ****
B. I'm sure 28 other teams in the league would give a better package than Tynan + a 2nd

Sore Loser 01-28-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed (Post 58523535)
A. Garrioch is full of ****
B. I'm sure 28 other teams in the league would give a better package than Tynan + a 2nd

:nod:

rockinghockey 01-28-2013 08:03 PM

A prospect that is five eight and a 2nd isnt going to do it. COL wants a top 6 young player that can play now plus a 2nd. Maybe Nikitin 2nd and prospect. I am sure that would do it.

candyman82 01-28-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58557965)
A prospect that is five eight and a 2nd isnt going to do it. COL wants a top 6 young player that can play now plus a 2nd. Maybe Nikitin 2nd and prospect. I am sure that would do it.

Overpayment IMO

Iron Balls McGinty 01-28-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58557965)
A prospect that is five eight and a 2nd isnt going to do it. COL wants a top 6 young player that can play now plus a 2nd. Maybe Nikitin 2nd and prospect. I am sure that would do it.

We could certainly use a top 6 young player who can play now too.

punk_o_holic 01-28-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 (Post 58519075)
The Avs won't trade ROR and even if they were Tynan and a 2nd wouldn't be enough. Try Jenner + 2nd maybe.

One Av's fan was saying Jenner shouldn't even be in the conversation, stating that the prospects will be a sure elite, top 5 prospect in the NHL coming back to Colorado. He even said he wouldn't do Johansen + a 2nd that was suggested by crede777.

With some of you guys being high on Jenner, would you trade him in a package to get O Reilly?

FlaggerX 01-28-2013 09:21 PM

No. I'm not giving up Jenner or Brassard to get O"Reilly. He isn't that great.

Crede777 01-28-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaggerX (Post 58565007)
No. I'm not giving up Jenner or Brassard to get O"Reilly. He isn't that great.

Brassard? Yes. We'd have to add.

If we traded Jenner we'd have to send some salary back. Can't acquire O'Reilly and sign him to $4 million a year or whatever only sending back Jenner. People on here overrate potential, but I'd be hesitant to trade away Jenner for O'Reilly.

How about Umberger? You guys want Umberger? I know you do...

Viqsi 01-28-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58557965)
A prospect that is five eight and a 2nd isnt going to do it. COL wants a top 6 young player that can play now plus a 2nd. Maybe Nikitin 2nd and prospect. I am sure that would do it.

...okay, what is with this new "let's trade Nikitin" nonsense that seems to have infected people's brains? Did we just all go insane while I was away for the last day or two?


And if we'd have to add to Brassard+2nd, then they can go to hell. :)

Mayor Bee 01-28-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 58567783)
...okay, what is with this new "let's trade Nikitin" nonsense that seems to have infected people's brains? Did we just all go insane while I was away for the last day or two?


And if we'd have to add to Brassard+2nd, then they can go to hell. :)

I think the lesson here is that you can't go away again. Clearly I'm not good enough at keeping things "logical" or "sane", and I'm sure many people would tell you that asking me to be the sane one is in itself a bad start.

Sore Loser 01-28-2013 10:34 PM

Why would we trade Jenner, a younger, far cheaper, potentially higher upside version of O'Reilly, along with a draft pick (or more?) only to sign a (likely) overpaid player that doesn't nearly make us a playoff team?

O'Reilly's numbers with a BETTER Colorado team last year were comparable to RJ Umberger's numbers 2 and 3 years ago.

I get that he's still only 21, but at best this is a second/third line center. We already have plenty of those, and that's exactly what Jenner should develop into - when we need him to.

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 58557965)
A prospect that is five eight and a 2nd isnt going to do it. COL wants a top 6 young player that can play now plus a 2nd. Maybe Nikitin 2nd and prospect. I am sure that would do it.

Size doesn't matter much when he's producing, the #1 Prospect in all of Hockey is only 5'10

Tynan is off to a better college career then Cam Atkinson had, are you saying Colorado wouldn't want Atkinson or someone as good just because they're arent 6'4? LOL !

Crede777 01-28-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 58571623)
only to sign a (likely) overpaid player that doesn't nearly make us a playoff team?

This is the thing that's the major downside to O'Reilly in my opinion. Did I offer Johansen + 2nd a little while ago? Yeah but only as an afterthought to Brassard + LA/NYR 1st which I think would be fair value.

However if we were to acquire O'Reilly, we'd likely end up signing him to RJ Umberger money and he may not put up more than 50 points a season.

Viqsi 01-28-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58572415)
Size doesn't matter much when he's producing, the #1 Prospect in all of Hockey is only 5'10

Tynan is off to a better college career then Cam Atkinson had, are you saying Colorado wouldn't want Atkinson or someone as good just because they're arent 6'4? LOL !

Um. As much as I love Tynan, this is not just hyperbole, it's demonstrably false. Wake me when Tynan is a runner-up for the Hobey Baker, or somehow turns last year's 40-point season into another 50-point season.

* * *
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede777 (Post 58575195)
This is the thing that's the major downside to O'Reilly in my opinion. Did I offer Johansen + 2nd a little while ago? Yeah but only as an afterthought to Brassard + LA/NYR 1st which I think would be fair value.

:whaaa?:

He had 55 points last year and he is young and capable as a two-way guy. This is good.

How many points has he in the other two full NHL seasons? 26 points, each time.

O'Reilly's getting insanely overrated here.

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 58577611)
Um. As much as I love Tynan, this is not just hyperbole, it's demonstrably false. Wake me when Tynan is a runner-up for the Hobey Baker, or somehow turns last year's 40-point season into another 50-point season.

* * *


:whaaa?:

He had 55 points last year and he is young and capable as a two-way guy. This is good.

How many points has he in the other two full NHL seasons? 26 points, each time.

O'Reilly's getting insanely overrated here.


LOL at meaning less awards, let me know when Norte Dame gets the teammates Atkinson had

Viqsi 01-29-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58577851)
LOL at meaning less awards, let me know when Norte Dame gets the teammates Atkinson had

Isn't ND, like, top-10 in the country right now and a consistent program of significance lately?

And wasn't Atkinson more the guy who led BC rather than the guy who benefited from BC?

Just a couple thoughts. :)

and keep in mind that I ****ing founded the TJ Tynan Fan Club here ;)

blahblah 01-29-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 58582385)
Isn't ND, like, top-10 in the country right now and a consistent program of significance lately?

And wasn't Atkinson more the guy who led BC rather than the guy who benefited from BC?

Just a couple thoughts. :)

and keep in mind that I ****ing founded the TJ Tynan Fan Club here ;)

Yeah, it will be hard for Tynan to beat Atkinson's college career. Atkinson had back-to-back 30 goal seasons. As much as I like Tynan, he'll be lucky to get 20 this season. This doesn't diminish what Tynan is doing, but what Atkinson did was amazing.

Not to mention his game translated immediately to Pro (AHL) hockey and he will have a long NHL career. We aren't sure if that career is a 30 goal scorer or not, but, at worst, he'll be an energy guy that can produce secondary scoring. I'll be thrilled if Tynan does the same thing.

This thread has no chance of coming to pass, so I don't have much desire to discuss it. I have heard no rumors that he is on the block and he will be expensive.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.