HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Article: Los Angeles Kings’ Leading Scorer Is…Kyle Clifford? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335025)

FrozenRoyalty 01-28-2013 05:50 AM

Los Angeles Kings’ Leading Scorer Is…Kyle Clifford?

Update from Sunday's optional skate...includes comments from Justin Williams, Anze Kopitar, Kyle Clifford, and Darryl Sutter on how things are progressing for the team, their power play woes, an brief "update" on Willie Mitchell, and about Clifford's play.

Los Angeles Kings’ Leading Scorer Is…Kyle Clifford?

TheSlovenian 01-28-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Center Anze Kopitar, who played in Finland during the lockout, also indicated that things are improving, and he pointed to timing as an example.
Kopitar played in Sweden, not in Finland.

FrozenRoyalty 01-28-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlovenian (Post 58515245)
Kopitar played in Sweden, not in Finland.

Funny thing is, I knew that, and still wrote Finland!

Thanks for catching that...one of the problems you run into when you write during the wee hours of the morning...

SuperAlmeida 01-28-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

“Brown has been a little bit better,” said Sutter. “Williams has a long ways to go, [forward Jeff] Carter is getting there, [center Mike] Richards has a long ways to go, and whoever plays with those guys is going to play against top guys, so it’s not really anything other than playing to your potential.”
Wait... Eh... Williams was terrific in the last game. Skated more than anyone!!!

SuperAlmeida 01-28-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

“In junior, I played on the penalty-kill a little bit,” he noted. “I enjoy it, I love it. It’s a lot of hard work. It’s always nice to get more ice time, and I think, as my game progresses, I’m going to develop into a strong penalty-killing player. It’s just a matter of working on it, and on other areas I need to improve on.”
“[Clifford has] taken on some more responsibility,” said Kopitar. “We’ve seen him kill penalties for a couple of games now. We haven’t seen that [before]. He’s playing strong, and he’s getting in on the forecheck. That’s all you want, and he’s delivering. Hopefully, he can continue playing like that for us.”
Gotta love Cliff!

topliner967 01-28-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida (Post 58516269)
Wait... Eh... Williams was terrific in the last game. Skated more than anyone!!!

Yes, seems a bit strange calling out Williams after the Phoenix game, which was easily his best game this season (I guess Sutter expects more from his 1st line wingers). I think that was Williams when he is on his game, hunting down loose pucks and effective on the forecheck/in the corners. Needs to put a few in the back of the net though :nod:

KINGS17 01-28-2013 02:22 PM

Good things happen when you get to the net.

KINGS17 01-28-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty (Post 58516147)
Funny thing is, I knew that, and still wrote Finland!

Thanks for catching that...one of the problems you run into when you write during the wee hours of the morning...

You must have had a little bit of the Helsinki Syndrome.

KingCanadain1976 01-28-2013 02:54 PM

I think clifford might be the answer to our power play woes. A big strong kid like him in front of the net blocking goalie and picking up rebounds maybe what we need. Just a thought