HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Colorado-Columbus (Ryan O'Reilly) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335035)

Lord of Light 01-28-2013 05:36 AM

Colorado-Columbus (Ryan O'Reilly)

Sign and trade type deal. O'Reilly's priority is to play on the top 2 lines. Anisimov, Dubinsky and Johnson all seem to be doing well in Columbus.

Colorado receives:
Ryan Johansen
Tim Erixon

Columbus receives:
Ryan O'Reilly with an agreed upon contract
for example: 5 years 22M (4.4 cap hit, burns 1 UFA year)

2nd round draft pick (5 picks in a loaded top 60)

Carlzner 01-28-2013 05:38 AM

Don't see CBJ trading Johansen.

In other news, I am up way too early.

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 06:27 AM

haha No
Tynan and Wisneiwski maybe

Lonewolfe2015 01-28-2013 06:39 AM

I'd really only be interested in JJ at the moment from Columbus truthfully, though it's not a bad deal. Could be worse for Columbus if Johansen hits his potential, but seems pretty fair given how everything stands today.

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 58515939)
I'd really only be interested in JJ at the moment from Columbus truthfully, though it's not a bad deal. Could be worse for Columbus if Johansen hits his potential, but seems pretty fair given how everything stands today.

not really fair considering Erixons potential. he's a top 15 prospect according to puck prospectus and one of the best offensive defense prospects in hockey. meanwhile you dont know if RoR signs and stays with the team

Lonewolfe2015 01-28-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58515989)
not really fair considering Erixons potential. he's a top 15 prospect according to puck prospectus and one of the best offensive defense prospects in hockey. meanwhile you dont know if RoR signs and stays with the team

O'Reilly is a 22 year old RFA with 4 more years of being a RFA. He has nowhere else to go. Given he'd be your #1 center, it's highly likely he'd sign short term (2 years) and earn long term. People speculate his position on our team is hurting negotiations a lot.

Meanwhile we have Elliott and Barrie in the system, both of whom have the potential to be as good or better than Erixon. A player whom is more of a two-way threat than an offensive threat anyways (ignoring Siemens still in juniors).

Hockeyprospectus? Pretty sure they are the ones that rank players based on advanced offensive statistics, a ranking not very relevant in trade discussions when discussing overall player worth.

O'Reilly is already playing at a level the BJ's would like to see Johansen play at, add Erixon to the mix to account for the void and it becomes a gamble where both teams bank on their acquisitions to exceed their current value to try and win the deal long term. Thus why I believe it is pretty close to fair value, but just not a type of deal I'd like to see.

CBJFan19* 01-28-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 58516127)
O'Reilly is a 22 year old RFA with 4 more years of being a RFA. He has nowhere else to go. Given he'd be your #1 center, it's highly likely he'd sign short term (2 years) and earn long term. People speculate his position on our team is hurting negotiations a lot.

Meanwhile we have Elliott and Barrie in the system, both of whom have the potential to be as good or better than Erixon. A player whom is more of a two-way threat than an offensive threat anyways (ignoring Siemens still in juniors).

Hockeyprospectus? Pretty sure they are the ones that rank players based on advanced offensive statistics, a ranking not very relevant in trade discussions when discussing overall player worth.

O'Reilly is already playing at a level the BJ's would like to see Johansen play at, add Erixon to the mix to account for the void and it becomes a gamble where both teams bank on their acquisitions to exceed their current value to try and win the deal long term. Thus why I believe it is pretty close to fair value, but just not a type of deal I'd like to see.

who cares how many years are on his contract, you are aware with all those years on his deal still the ONLY reason is he is locking to get back into the NHL is because he was released from his over-seas team right? its not by choice, which means if theres another league that will take him then he could very well go and not come back

meanwhile neither of those guys will be better then Erixon, so lets just put that silly statement to an end right there.

Johansen has 2 years to get to O'Reillys level (since he's 2 years younger) so i dont see you're point. Colorado ***** Columbus in that deal, but hey its clear you only see things 1 sided so theres no point in attempting to make sense to a blind homer

Lonewolfe2015 01-28-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58516185)
who cares how many years are on his contract, you are aware with all those years on his deal still the ONLY reason is he is locking to get back into the NHL is because he was released from his over-seas team right? its not by choice, which means if theres another league that will take him then he could very well go and not come back

meanwhile neither of those guys will be better then Erixon, so lets just put that silly statement to an end right there.

Johansen has 2 years to get to O'Reillys level (since he's 2 years younger) so i dont see you're point. Colorado ***** Columbus in that deal, but hey its clear you only see things 1 sided so theres no point in attempting to make sense to a blind homer

Pot calling the kettle black much?

Johansen is very skilled, he's not at O'Reilly's level yet. In a deal today, you don't put the entire weight of the trade upon a player reaching their potential when you are moving a young asset like O'Reilly without picking up an insurance policy.

I'd love to hear your argument on why Erixon is so supremely better than Elliott or Barrie however, let alone Siemens. It must be so silly I can't comprehend it.

Might as well pack up every O'Reilly thread if we're dealing him under the assumption he will leave overseas. Something completely baseless and routed in fiction.

Lord of Light 01-28-2013 07:30 AM

Honestly, I feel it's a great deal for Columbus so I'd be interested to hear more opinions of what Jackets fans have to say rather than just one poster.

If this whole fiasco didn't happen Colorado hangs up the phone. I did expect some overrating of potential and underrating of Ryan O'Reilly

Kershaw 01-28-2013 07:35 AM

I think Johansen will be the better player in the future and the swapping of Erixon for a 2nd makes it lopsided in favor of the Avs.

OCPenguin 01-28-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy Kassian (Post 58516613)
Honestly, I feel it's a great deal for Columbus so I'd be interested to hear more opinions of what Jackets fans have to say rather than just one poster.

If this whole fiasco didn't happen Colorado hangs up the phone. I did expect some overrating of potential and underrating of Ryan O'Reilly

Deal is lopsided in Colorado's favor.

Alivesi 01-28-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJFan19 (Post 58516185)

The deal cancellation was a mutual agreement, meaning they both agreed to it... not because he was forced to.

GoJackets1 01-28-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy Kassian (Post 58516613)

I'll play, and hopefully provide more insight. Johansen has been looking much more like an NHL player so far this year. He has arguably been the Jackets best forward, along with Atkinson. While I like O'Reilly, I'd rather keep Johansen, because he looks really, really good so far this year. Or at least to us Jackets fans. :laugh:

Lord of Light 01-28-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 58516699)
I think Johansen will be the better player in the future and the swapping of Erixon for a 2nd makes it lopsided in favor of the Avs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 58516783)
Deal is lopsided in Colorado's favor.

Lopsided. Well when it happens, that will be interesting to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gojackets1 (Post 58517035)
I'll play, and hopefully provide more insight. Johansen has been looking much more like an NHL player so far this year. He has arguably been the Jackets best forward, along with Atkinson. While I like O'Reilly, I'd rather keep Johansen, because he looks really, really good so far this year. Or at least to us Jackets fans. :laugh:

Atkinson has only played 3 games and is now on the IR. But otherwise I agree, he would be the Jackets best forward... Very promising

DKQ 01-28-2013 08:00 AM

Johansen has looked like a whole new player this year. Don't see the Jackets giving up on him that easily

candyman82 01-28-2013 08:20 AM

Johansen is the only potential #1C the Jackets have. I also like Erixon's upside. Although I really like Ryan O'Reilly, he doesn't bring the high-end level of scoring that the Blue Jackets would need if they parted with Johansen.

CBJWennberg41 01-28-2013 09:14 AM

Not just no, but **** no.

Kev22 01-28-2013 09:17 AM

How about Brassard instead of Johansen?

Freudian 01-28-2013 09:42 AM

I think a straight up Johansen for O'Reilly swap is fair value, but with Columbus being filled with second line type players, I could understand if they are willing to gamble on Johansen hitting the developmental jackpot over a much more certain thing in O'Reilly.

Cullen Bohannon 01-28-2013 09:43 AM

Nikitin would be interesting.

I also like Brassard, Foligno and Umberger.

Walter Kovacs 01-28-2013 09:47 AM

Wow over payment by Columbus.

S E P H 01-28-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 58516225)
Pot calling the kettle black much?

Johansen is very skilled, he's not at O'Reilly's level yet. In a deal today, you don't put the entire weight of the trade upon a player reaching their potential when you are moving a young asset like O'Reilly without picking up an insurance policy.

I'd love to hear your argument on why Erixon is so supremely better than Elliott or Barrie however, let alone Siemens. It must be so silly I can't comprehend it.

Might as well pack up every O'Reilly thread if we're dealing him under the assumption he will leave overseas. Something completely baseless and routed in fiction.

The kid probably doesn't know who these players even are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian (Post 58520733)
Wow over payment by Columbus.

You're just saying this because you think Johansen and Erixon will reach their full potential. There is a high chance that they will, but it's hard for us to trade an already proven player for prospects (especially for a player that was already traded twice). That said I think Avs would do this and Columbus passes.

TOGuy14 01-28-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy Kassian (Post 58515343)
Sign and trade type deal. O'Reilly's priority is to play on the top 2 lines. Anisimov, Dubinsky and Johnson all seem to be doing well in Columbus.

Colorado receives:
Ryan Johansen
Tim Erixon

Columbus receives:
Ryan O'Reilly with an agreed upon contract
for example: 5 years 22M (4.4 cap hit, burns 1 UFA year)

2nd round draft pick (5 picks in a loaded top 60)

Pretty sure if that's all ROR wanted in terms of contract, Colorado could work something out with him, and would do that before trading him AND a 2nd.

TheMobGoesWild 01-28-2013 09:58 AM

I don't think Columbus would be keen on parting with Johansen for a number of reasons.

I like Foligno but I doubt Columbus is looking to move him too especially after picking him up this past offseason.

MrFunnyWobbl 01-28-2013 10:00 AM

Yeah, no.

Johansen is to much an unknown.