HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   RDS sms alerts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335167)

Saint Patrick 01-28-2013 11:12 AM

RDS sms alerts

Alright folks got a question for you subscribers to RDS' sms alerts. Have any of you been able to just get the score updates ? The feature is called "c'est le but" I believe.

Recently they combined their packages and I get alerts for all sorts of sports I could care less about, not only does that add to my sms count but I really just want sms updates on the score incase I cant catch the game. They do a fantastic job, with that.

Any luck?

PricePkPatch 01-28-2013 11:18 AM

I'd guess I can't make them txt me in the UK? :cry:

Saint Patrick 01-28-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 58522127)
I'd guess I can't make them txt me in the UK? :cry:

I dont think so because they bill us using our cellphone bill (3 dollars a month) :(. I spent a year in china and those sms' were a life saver when I was there !

PricePkPatch 01-28-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint Patrick (Post 58522401)
I dont think so because they bill us using our cellphone bill (3 dollars a month) :(. I spent a year in china and those sms' were a life saver when I was there !

Wait... so it IS available on the international level?

Saint Patrick 02-26-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PricePkPatch (Post 58522531)
Wait... so it IS available on the international level?

Sorry forgot to respond to this, no i kept my mtl line there and received the sms'

madvie 02-26-2013 08:59 PM

I have the RDS Hockey app on my android phone and there's an option under "Paramètres" to receive only alerts from Habs games. I only have "c'est le but (texte)" and "CH Extra" on.

If the OP is talking about another service, this might be an alternative since it's free. The alerts are pretty quick, although I don't use the app for much else since it's ugly as hell. All the icons on the main menu look so blurry.

Saint Patrick 02-27-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madvie (Post 60541911)
I have the RDS Hockey app on my android phone and there's an option under "Paramètres" to receive only alerts from Habs games. I only have "c'est le but (texte)" and "CH Extra" on.

If the OP is talking about another service, this might be an alternative since it's free. The alerts are pretty quick, although I don't use the app for much else since it's ugly as hell. All the icons on the main menu look so blurry.

Talk about timing, I was just looking at apps to replace the official Canadiens App, a total embarrassment btw. I chose The Score app, first time I'm using it but so far its fantastic, and well rated. Ill take a look at the RDS app specifically for the options you mention.