HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Eastern Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Latvia at Olympic qualification (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335261)

BalticWarrior 01-28-2013 01:03 PM

Latvia at Olympic qualification
 
So our projected roster goes something like this

Mikelis Redlihs (KHL,Lokomotiv) -Janis Sprukts (KHL,CSKA)- Lauris Darzins (KHL,AK bars)
Miks Indrasis (KHL,Dinamo Riga) -Andris Dzerins (Dinamo-Riga)- Martins Karsums (KHL,Dinamo Riga)
Roberts Jekimovs (Sm liiga) - ??- Martins Cipulis (KHL,Lev prague)
?? - ?? -??

Arturs Kulda (Novosibirsk Sibir,KHL) - Sandis Ozolins(Mytischi Atlant,KHL)
Oskarss Bartulis(Donbass Donetsk,KHL) - Georgijs Pujacs (Avangard Omsk,KHL)
Martins Porejs (Dinamo Riga) - Krisjanis Redlihs (Dinamo Riga,KHL)

Edgars Masalskis (Yugra,KHL)
Maris Jucers (Dinamo Riga,KHL)

Purple hippo 01-28-2013 01:49 PM

Širokovs change his mind or something? He told the Swiss papers he turned down the invite because he wanted to help RED ICE get into the play-offs.

Justinov 01-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58527681)
So our projected roster goes something like this

Mikelis Redlihs (KHL,Lokomotiv) -Janis Sprukts (KHL,CSKA)- Lauris Darzins (KHL,AK bars)
Miks Indrasis (KHL,Dinamo Riga) -Aleksejs Sitokovs (NL-B)- Martins Karsums (KHL,Dinamo Riga)
Roberts Jekimovs (Sm liiga) - Maris Bicevskis (Dinamo Riga,KHL) - Martins Cipulis (KHL,Lev prague)
Vitalijs Pavlovs (Dinamo Riga,KHL) - Gunars Skovrcovs (Dinamo Riga,KHL) -Elvijs Biezais(Dinamo Riga,KHL)

Arturs Kulda (Novosibirsk Sibir,KHL) - Oskars Bartulis (Donetsk Donbass,KHL)
Krisjanis Redlihs (Dinamo Riga) - Georgijs Pujacs (Avangard Omsk,KHL)
Martins Porejs (Dinamo Riga) - Mariss Jass (DEL,Scorpions)

Edgars Masalskis (Yugra,KHL)
Maris Jucers (Dinamo Riga,KHL)

It sounds potent. :handclap:
Now we just need to see how it looks. France will be the nut to crack, since they maneged to beat the swiss last WC.

ozo 01-28-2013 11:01 PM

I like how our D looks, good mix of experience and youth, all the ******* have been wiped out, but those bottom six forwards are a bit too extreme for my liking, even though fortunately, there's no Koba this time around.

BalticWarrior 01-29-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozo (Post 58568635)
I like how our D looks, good mix of experience and youth, all the ******* have been wiped out, but those bottom six forwards are a bit too extreme for my liking, even though fortunately, there's no Koba this time around.

Well i cant predict accuratley who will/wont play in our bottom 6,Nolan probably has his own strategy picking bottom 6.

SoundAndFury 01-29-2013 06:19 AM

Why no Vasiljevs? 2nd line center looks like a huge hole in this lineup.

ozo 01-29-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundAndFury (Post 58585135)
Why no Vasiljevs? 2nd line center looks like a huge hole in this lineup.

He retired from the International play a while ago. C position has been our problem for last 15 years, we're used to it.

Alpine 01-30-2013 08:24 AM

Sorry but I gotta...........
2 former Moncton Wildcats Karsums and Bartulis. Wish Latvia well.

eluu 01-30-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 58668659)
Sorry but I gotta...........
2 former Moncton Wildcats Karsums and Bartulis. Wish Latvia well.

Thanks man ! Nice to see that current Wildcats are in a winning mode :)

eluu 02-01-2013 01:42 PM

Dzerins is playing. probably will center one of the first 3 lines.

ozo 02-02-2013 12:10 AM

My prays have been answered, Ivanans isn't on a roster, that's all I care right now.

ozo 02-02-2013 03:30 AM

http://www.madcat.lv/uploads/news/news-TRVQWiqz6U.jpg
That's all.

BalticWarrior 02-02-2013 04:10 AM

Holy **** that`s big news ozo is back in Latvian NT ! gotta reschedule my lines then :D

BalticWarrior 02-02-2013 04:28 AM

But it looks like Mikelis got injured again,how come when he was playing in Dinamo Riga he didnt get injured not one time,but when he came to loko he gets injured in the first season more than in previous alltogether?

Justinov 02-02-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58881513)
Holy **** that`s big news ozo is back in Latvian NT ! gotta reschedule my lines then :D

Well that is great news for Latvia. That will probably boost the confidence of the team him just being there!

Justinov 02-03-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58881701)
But it looks like Mikelis got injured again,how come when he was playing in Dinamo Riga he didnt get injured not one time,but when he came to loko he gets injured in the first season more than in previous alltogether?

Is Mikelis Redlihs ready or still uncertain. He is afterall the offensive dynamo of Latvia, so with the form of some of the french players right now he will be needed!

The french are coming:
Damien Fleury just had a hattrick for Södertälje.
23G 14A in 43 matches. Number 8 in Allsvenskan.

So they have 1 SEL (Bellamere), 2 Allsvenskan (Fleury + Hecquefeuille), 2 Sm-liiga (Auvitu + Bertrand), 2 Czech Extraliga (Treille brothers), 2 NLA players (Pivron + Morant) + Division 1/Allsvenskan (Guttig).

At least you will avoid: Flourent (AHL/NHL), da Costa & Sauvé (AHL) and future french star Tim Bozon (WHL).

In goal perhaps old NHL'er Cristobal Huet, now in NLB [how can France and Slovenia have Stanley Cup champions, while Denmark still hasn't :laugh:]

hehe just want to scare you a little, but it wasn't a fluke they beat the Swiss last WC - they are getting better.

BalticWarrior 02-03-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 58957869)
Is Mikelis Redlihs ready or still uncertain. He is afterall the offensive dynamo of Latvia, so with the form of some of the french players right now he will be needed!

The french are coming:
Damien Fleury just had a hattrick for Södertälje.
23G 14A in 43 matches. Number 8 in Allsvenskan.

So they have 1 SEL (Bellamere), 2 Allsvenskan (Fleury + Hecquefeuille), 2 Sm-liiga (Auvitu + Bertrand), 2 Czech Extraliga (Treille brothers), 2 NLA players (Pivron + Morant) + Division 1/Allsvenskan (Guttig).

At least you will avoid: Flourent (AHL/NHL), da Costa & Sauvé (AHL) and future french star Tim Bozon (WHL).

In goal perhaps old NHL'er Cristobal Huet, now in NLB [how can France and Slovenia have Stanley Cup champions, while Denmark still hasn't :laugh:]

hehe just want to scare you a little, but it wasn't a fluke they beat the Swiss last WC - they are getting better.

I saw the game where Miķelis got injured,he wasn't carried out with a strecher but it was a nasty head shot,he was still on the bench after the hit but it looks like it was a bit too severe to continue(btw ozoliņš scored in that game) anyway with ozoliņš returning to our NT i'm more confident in our success than ever.

Justinov 02-03-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58957949)
I saw the game where Miķelis got injured,he wasn't carried out with a strecher but it was a nasty head shot,he was still on the bench after the hit but it looks like it was a bit too severe to continue(btw ozoliņš scored in that game) anyway with ozoliņš returning to our NT i'm more confident in our success than ever.

So if it gave him concussion he will be out; and it does take some time to really know.
But you are right..Ozolins is the second best thing to boost confidence after promise of divine support, right :D

BalticWarrior 02-03-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 58958051)
So if it gave him concussion he will be out; and it does take some time to really know.
But you are right..Ozolins is the second best thing to boost confidence after promise of divine support, right :D

Well its no coincidence he has been the captain of the Latvian NT,Atlant Mytischi and Dinamo Riga. Some people just have the talent of beein the natural leader.

Justinov 02-03-2013 09:07 AM

Found the preliminary french roster here:
http://www.bienpublic.com/sport-loca...e-de-confiance

Les joueurs sélectionnés (selected players).

Gardiens (Goalies):
Huet (Lausanne, NLB)
Lhenry (Rouen, LM)
Hardy (Angers, LM)

Défenseurs (Defenders):
Amar (Grenoble, LM = Ligue Magnus, France)
Auvitu (Jyvaskyla, SM-liiga)
Bachet (Amiens, LM)
Hecquefeuille (Karlskrona, Allsvenskan)
Besch (Cracovie, POL)
Manavian (Innsbruck, EBEL)

Attaquants (Forwards):
Bellemare (Skelleftea, SEL)
Claireaux (Amiens, LM)
T. Da Costa (Tychy, POL)
Desrosiers (Rouen, LM)
Fleury (Sodertalje, Allsvenskan),
Guttig (Tranas, Division-1 Sweden),
Henderson (Angers, LM),
Meunier (Straubing Tigers, DEL),
Raux (Mulhouse, LM)
Ritz (Dijon HC, LM)
S. Treille (Sparta Prague, Czech Extraliga,
Y. Treille (Chomutov, Czech Extraliga).

+ 2 joueurs à choisir parmi une liste de 18 remplaçants.
Two more will be chosen from a list of 18 substitues (if my french is correct).

BalticWarrior 02-03-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 58958411)
Found the preliminary french roster here:
http://www.bienpublic.com/sport-loca...e-de-confiance

Les joueurs sélectionnés (selected players).

Gardiens (Goalies):
Huet (Lausanne, NLB)
Lhenry (Rouen, LM)
Hardy (Angers, LM)

Défenseurs (Defenders):
Amar (Grenoble, LM = Ligue Magnus, France)
Auvitu (Jyvaskyla, SM-liiga)
Bachet (Amiens, LM)
Hecquefeuille (Karlskrona, Allsvenskan)
Besch (Cracovie, POL)
Manavian (Innsbruck, EBEL)

Attaquants (Forwards):
Bellemare (Skelleftea, SEL)
Claireaux (Amiens, LM)
T. Da Costa (Tychy, POL)
Desrosiers (Rouen, LM)
Fleury (Sodertalje, Allsvenskan),
Guttig (Tranas, Division-1 Sweden),
Henderson (Angers, LM),
Meunier (Straubing Tigers, DEL),
Raux (Mulhouse, LM)
Ritz (Dijon HC, LM)
S. Treille (Sparta Prague, Czech Extraliga,
Y. Treille (Chomutov, Czech Extraliga).

+ 2 joueurs à choisir parmi une liste de 18 remplaçants.
Two more will be chosen after of a list of 18 substitues (if my french is correct).

ON PAPER certainly not a better team than us,but really it`s going to be close.I just hope we can gather all our forces to win this and i have to pray that Mikelis injury is nothing serious.

Alpine 02-03-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justinov (Post 58957869)
Is Mikelis Redlihs ready or still uncertain. He is afterall the offensive dynamo of Latvia, so with the form of some of the french players right now he will be needed!

The french are coming:
Damien Fleury just had a hattrick for Södertälje.
23G 14A in 43 matches. Number 8 in Allsvenskan.

So they have 1 SEL (Bellamere), 2 Allsvenskan (Fleury + Hecquefeuille), 2 Sm-liiga (Auvitu + Bertrand), 2 Czech Extraliga (Treille brothers), 2 NLA players (Pivron + Morant) + Division 1/Allsvenskan (Guttig).

At least you will avoid: Flourent (AHL/NHL), da Costa & Sauvé (AHL) and future french star Tim Bozon (WHL).

In goal perhaps old NHL'er Cristobal Huet, now in NLB [how can France and Slovenia have Stanley Cup champions, while Denmark still hasn't :laugh:]

hehe just want to scare you a little, but it wasn't a fluke they beat the Swiss last WC - they are getting better.

You forgot Antoine Roussel who scored his 1st NHL goal the other day with Dallas,
Texas stars were going to let him go to Oly Q.....but now that he's up in the show?
Tim Bozon...is he the son of the Bozon that starred for France in the 90's and played some with St Louis Blues?

Justinov 02-03-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 58958541)
You forgot Antoine Roussel who scored his 1st NHL goal the other day with Dallas,
Texas stars were going to let him go to Oly Q.....but now that he's up in the show?
Tim Bozon...is he the son of the Bozon that starred for France in the 90's and played some with St Louis Blues?

Sorry actually meant Roussel as the french NHL player (and wrote Flourent instead.....????? whereever that name came from :laugh:). But goal in the NHL debut match is pretty great....interesting if he will join the french squad?
Tim Bozon is the son of Phillipe Bozon from St Louis Blues, the biggest french hockey star with Cristobal Huet.

Propane Nightmares 02-03-2013 09:37 AM

Go easy on us please ;)

Justinov 02-03-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 58958807)
Go easy on us please ;)

Well GB brings Robert Dowd from Troja-Ljungby, Allsvenskan as star quality and old scottish draftee Tony Hand as coach ;).

I would use porcupine tactics and hoping for an honorable defeat!

EDIT: Just look at Tony Hands stats 80-90's in the british league (it's like Balderis in the Latvian!)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=20964


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.