HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Mike Richards to Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335407)

Brozak 01-28-2013 02:53 PM

Mike Richards to Toronto

Hey folks!

First off, my apologies for another Leaf thread. I know you guys hate this stuff, but let's converse anyway.

Just wondering what the consensus value (if there is such a thing on HF) of Mike Richards to Toronto would be. What would it take for him to be traded to the Leafs?

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Grabovski
Mid-level prospect (Percy, Finn, or Blacker)
2nd round pick

Thoughts and input would be nice.

Cheers.

laundryman 01-28-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vamonos Pest (Post 58537193)
Hey folks!

First off, my apologies for another Leaf thread. I know you guys hate this stuff, but let's converse anyway.

Just wondering what the consensus value (if there is such a thing on HF) of Mike Richards to Toronto would be. What would it take for him to be traded to the Leafs?

Grabovski
2nd round pick

Cheers.

Leafs need to add

Hooliganx3 01-28-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Hey folks!

Grabovski
2nd round pick

Cheers.

Where is anything close to value to motivate LA to move him?

start winnin 01-28-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Hey folks!

Grabovski
2nd round pick

Cheers.

Rielly+. Maybe Kessel but he wouldn't do well in Sutter's system.

If you were LA, would you do this deal? No, it's awful for LA.

KingCanadain1976 01-28-2013 03:02 PM

Value wise the kessel for richards would be close but la would still say no. We just won a cup and richards was a big part of that. I wouldn`t trade richards at all due to the fact hes a huge part of the dressing room. Chemistry is a big part of why they won the cup last year. So i don`t see la tradeing him

internetdotcom 01-28-2013 04:27 PM

I don't see any of the Kings core pieces moving, certainly not since they just won the Cup. That said, what was the rumoured Richards deal back when he was still with Philly? I think it was Kulemin + 1st or something. Obviously that wouldn't do it anymore, but like another poster said, I think it would take something the Leafs wouldn't do, like Reilly + Kessel, or Reilly + Kadri + 1st, something like that. Overpayment? Maybe a little, but I would think that this is what it would take.

YP44 01-28-2013 04:47 PM

Kessel for Richards.
As a Kings fan I would not like this, but that is what his value would be.

Mojo19 01-28-2013 04:49 PM

As a Leaf fan, I would trade Kessel for Richards + Martin Jones.

Brozak 01-28-2013 04:51 PM

Oh wow. Please don't hold back people. I was gauging value not people to take a crap on my proposal.

Last time I checked a younger Richards was dealt for Simmonds + Schenn and a 2nd round pick in 2011. Grabo > Simmonds and Schenn imo is still a huge question mark.

Leafs will probably need to add more to the original proposal, but seriously. Some of you are just so quick with your wits eh?

Okay all of this is hypothetical but a revised prop:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

Or should I just go **** myself.

YP44 01-28-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vamonos Pest (Post 58543801)
Oh wow. Please don't hold back people. I was gauging value not people to take a crap on my proposal.

Last time I checked a younger Richards was dealt for Simmonds + Schenn and a 2nd round pick in 2011. Grabo > Simmonds and Schenn imo is still a huge question mark.

Leafs will probably need to add more to the original proposal, but seriously. Some of you are just so quick with your wits eh?

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

Thing is LA does not need Quantity, especially as they are still in win now mode.
Value may not be bad, but not right timing.
Kessel would have to be coming back. Both fan bases would not approve, so I don't see a fair deal.

Sergei Shirokov 01-28-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

I wouldn't neccisarily say: Grabo > Simmonds.

I don't think it is quite close enough, I also don't think LA would take a step back like that, they are in win now mode, so unless you want to overpay with futures, I can't see them making a move unless it is a good roster player(s) going back

KingCanadain1976 01-28-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

ok i ll try this again grabo wouldnt be a piece the kings would be interested at all We have a better center playing right wing in carter So if la did trade richards carter would be the second line center. Grabo doesnt play the kings type of game at all. Imo Scheen is a better player and so is simmonds. If the leafs are trying to get richards try a package around lupal Kulemin and frattin maybe that might get the kings to continue the talks but please grabo would be a 3 maybe 4th line center on the kings. I would take stoll over him as 3rd but can see other taking him.

Monument 01-28-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

First off, since when is Grabovski better than Simmonds? And how is Schenn a HUGE question mark? He had a very good year as a rookie last year in a somewhat limited role for the Flyers and looked great in the playoffs.

I honestly think the latter is looking like an option if you think LA would accept redundant parts for a core player.

topliner967 01-28-2013 07:25 PM

Richards also has a cup win now.

WilderPegasus* 01-28-2013 07:42 PM

Probably something like JvR, Gardiner and the Leafs 2013 first rounder.

Telos 01-28-2013 07:44 PM

Dean isn't going to trade his favorite player. It would take more than what Toronto is comfortable paying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilderPegasus (Post 58556219)

Pretty much. The Kings paid Schenn + Simmonds + 2nd. His value hasn't depreciated that much after just four games... He was stellar throughout our playoff run last year even after having a concussion during the regular season.

Pierre Dagenais 01-28-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

At the time, Schenn was one of the best prospects in the world.

Rielly or Gardiner would be the equivalent in value imo.

CandianKingsFan14 01-28-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Hey folks!

Grabovski
2nd round pick

Cheers.

Dean Lombardi would hang up the phone on that offer. No way Richards gets traded.

Phion Keneuf 01-28-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilderPegasus (Post 58556219)

No way lol. Get rid of JVR and make the pick top 10 protected and we'll add MacA/Frattin

CandianKingsFan14 01-28-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

Will keep Richards thank you

Hooliganx3 01-28-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58557291)
No way lol. Get rid of JVR and make the pick top 10 protected and we'll add MacA/Frattin

And why would your offer even motivate LA's GM to pick up the phone? What does it add to LA that they need? Richards just helped LA win a cup so they need an offer that would motivate them to move him. That offer does nothing for LA.

Phion Keneuf 01-28-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 58557699)
And why would your offer even motivate LA's GM to pick up the phone? What does it add to LA that they need? Richards just helped LA win a cup so they need an offer that would motivate them to move him. That offer does nothing for LA.

That's cute and all. But leafs aren't gunna overpay.

Don't need him then

Draiskull 01-28-2013 08:06 PM

would either side do Richards + Penner for Grabovski + Kulemin

Phion Keneuf 01-28-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 58558193)
would either side do Richards + Penner for Grabovski + Kulemin

Maybe if Penner was replaced with something useful like a 2nd

Although I don't think Richards is a legit #1 C...

TheSilencer 01-28-2013 08:14 PM

We can argue value all day, but i just don't see the motive for the Kings to move Richards.