HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Injury Report: Landeskog out with head and neck injury (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335419)

spintheblackcircle 01-28-2013 03:04 PM

Landeskog out with head and neck injury

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...on-stuart-hit/

Juxtaposer 01-28-2013 03:07 PM

Aw. :( You never want to see anyone injured.

Gene Parmesan 01-28-2013 03:08 PM

Sucks for him.

Hatrick Marleau 01-28-2013 03:09 PM

Poor guy. Get well soon. I like Landeskog sorry to see he got hurt from that hit.

SonomaShark 01-28-2013 03:10 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into another Perron-like incident. I hope he's back soon, and I hope that the Avs fans don't start calling for Stewie's head

slocal 01-28-2013 03:11 PM

Quite unfortunate as I really like Landeskog's personality and game. I hope he's on the mend soon.

magic school bus 01-28-2013 03:15 PM

Somebody's in trouble for letting him play after the hit...

Juxtaposer 01-28-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 58538491)

Yeah. I think it's moronic that coaches continue to do that. Especially when the game was out of reach. There's no reason to risk your captain and best player.

Wedontneedroads 01-28-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

I was surprised they let him back out, however i can see the difficulty in telling a guy no when he is saying "I'm good to go let me back out there!"

I have no idea if Landeskog was that adamant about getting back out on the ice, but it's definitely a tough position for team docs to be put in.

There needs to be an objective medical professional at every NHL game in charge of administering a basic check up for any head injuries during a game to remove the team element from it. I'm pretty sure the NFL is now doing this no?

Gene Parmesan 01-28-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Yeah. You see someone take a shot like that you keep them out.

WantonAbandon 01-28-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonomaShark (Post 58538199)
I hope this doesn't turn into another Perron-like incident. I hope he's back soon, and I hope that the Avs fans don't start calling for Stewie's head

It can't. The NHL has already stated they will not pursue action. I don't think they can change their minds now that he is injured

Juxtaposer 01-28-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantonAbandon (Post 58540503)
It can't. The NHL has already stated they will not pursue action. I don't think they can change their minds now that he is injured

He's not talking about Stuart, he's talking about Landeskog FFS. He doesn't want Landeskog to be out for a year. :shakehead

Arrch 01-28-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

In that case, I hope it doesn't turn into another Bertuzzi/Moore incident...

hockeyball 01-28-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Mainly because it was a beautiful hit with no one leaving their feet or stepping out of the penalty box at the time, etc. Stuart saw a man coming up ice not paying any attention and he did what any good hockey player should do, he stood up, braced himself, and tossed the kid on his ass. It's unfortunate he had his head down and wasn't paying attention, but there was no way Stuart could hit him safely (for himself) any other way.

Eighth Fret 01-28-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slocal (Post 58538251)
Quite unfortunate as I really like Landeskog's personality and game. I hope he's on the mend soon.

Ditto. I like Landeskog a lot and hope he's back soon.

rangerssharks414 01-28-2013 04:38 PM

I hope he's back soon. I have him on my fantasy team. :sarcasm:

DuckEatinShark 01-28-2013 04:41 PM

Sucks to hear about Landeskog like that. But this was not Stuart's fault. He was only doing his job (and legally too)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrch (Post 58540659)
In that case, I hope it doesn't turn into another Bertuzzi/Moore incident...

That is my biggest fear next time we play the Avs. I expect them to come after Stuart and I just hope they won't Bertuzzi-him. I also expect them to take shots at Couture, Boyle, Pavelski, etc.

Nighthock 01-28-2013 04:52 PM

[Mod]

in all seriousness though, Landeskog is one of my favorite players to watch and it sucks he's missing any time ... kid needs to keep his head on a swivel though. Hopefully this isn't Perron 2.0 and he's out for an extended amount of time.

Phu 01-28-2013 05:10 PM

Hopefully it's a neck strain, and minor or mild concussion only
Kid got rocked, he could have easily had to have been carried off

LeeIFBB 01-28-2013 05:16 PM

Stuart has been on the giving and receiving end of large hits throughout his career. Not worried about it.

TealTownUSA 01-28-2013 05:21 PM

sucks to hear that. that was a hell of a hit by stuart.

is he the youngest player to be captain? or is that sid still?

BaileyMacTavish 01-28-2013 05:21 PM

D'oh. Hope he's gonna be okay. No need for Perrongate 2.0

TealTownUSA 01-28-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inub0i (Post 58545289)
D'oh. Hope he's gonna be okay. No need for Perrongate 2.0

both stuart and jumbo's hit were clean, i don't think stuart would get the "dirty" title if he hasn't already got it. he's been doing that for years. perron is wuss

hockeyball 01-28-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealTownUSA (Post 58545951)
both stuart and jumbo's hit were clean, i don't think stuart would get the "dirty" title if he hasn't already got it. he's been doing that for years. perron is wuss

Oh no... here we go...

Seriously, very different situations. Thornton had just stepped out of the penalty box (not that I blame him, I would have hit Perron too) and so it was considered irresponsible because Perron couldn't have seen it coming (BS, but that was the logic).

In this case he could of seen Stuart coming from his own blueline, he was just staring down at the ice. I honestly don't see a way Stuart could have hit him that didn't endanger himself other than what he did. What was he supposed to do, squat down? He hit a guy that deserved to be hit and that guy said as much. Yes his head hit Stuart, but that was a consequence of being hit at that momentum, not because Stuart tried to him in the head.

209 01-28-2013 05:45 PM

According to a co-worker in Denver, we are officially on the Avalanche fans hated list... they are none too happy with the hit and its non-suspension by Shanaban.