HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Stay/GO with the 18/19 yr olds (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335433)

Djp 01-28-2013 03:15 PM

Stay/GO with the 18/19 yr olds

Philadelphia opted Scott Laughton back to Juniors after his 5 games.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...aughton-junior

Grigorenko with Buffalo has played his 5th game so its now decidion time on him. Since Buffalo plays next on Tuesday and Vanek appears he will be back Grigorenko likely will be a healthy scratch for the next couple of games as they decide what to do. As it stands now Buffalo has Hodgson , Ennis, and Hecht as Centers. Leino could play center. On Sunday he played about 17 minutes and didnt do any glaring mistakes and had a couple of scoring chances. Given the lack of depth its likely he stays. But if he does then that puts pressure on the GM to make a trade to open up their roster. they will need to make some sort of deal emptying some of their roster like a 2 for 1 player trade or a player for pick deal. Currently they 2 D (Weber and Brennen) and 1 forward (Ellis) on the not dressed/pressbox list and 2 players on IR (Leino and McCormick). Ellis likely would clear waivers to go down to AHL. Brennen or Weber will not clear waivers. They would like to give Grigorenko some NHL experience this year because next year they will be getting RW Joel Arima coming over from Finland (already signed to an entry contract taking effect next year) and penciled in as Grigs RW playmate next season. The likely forward player traded outside of a major trade would be Cody McCormick being dealt from their NHL roster.

It appears Yakupov will stay in Edmonton. Steffan Matteau still has another game to play before he hits game #5.

Minnesota sent Mike Dumba back

It looks as if Montreal will keep their 2 JR eligible players.

Any word elsewhere?

EveryDay 01-28-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 58538481)

Grigorenko with Buffalo has played his 5th game so its now decidion time on him. Since Buffalo plays next on Tuesday and Vanek appears he will be back Grigorenko likely will be a healthy scratch for the next couple of games as they decide what to do. As it stands now Buffalo has Hodgson , Ennis, and Hecht as Centers. Leino could play center. On Sunday he played about 17 minutes and didnt do any glaring mistakes and had a couple of scoring chances. Given the lack of depth its likely he stays. But if he does then that puts pressure on the GM to make a trade to open up their roster. they will need to make some sort of deal emptying some of their roster like a 2 for 1 player trade or a player for pick deal. Currently they 2 D (Weber and Brennen) and 1 forward (Ellis) on the not dressed/pressbox list and 2 players on IR (Leino and McCormick). Ellis likely would clear waivers to go down to AHL. Brennen or Weber will not clear waivers. They would like to give Grigorenko some NHL experience this year because next year they will be getting RW Joel Arima coming over from Finland (already signed to an entry contract taking effect next year) and penciled in as Grigs RW playmate next season. The likely forward player traded outside of a major trade would be Cody McCormick being dealt from their NHL roster.

It appears Yakupov will stay in Edmonton. Steffan Matteau still has another game to play before he hits game #5.

Any word elsewhere?

Gallagher was playing in the AHL, he can be return to AHL

HarrisonFord 01-28-2013 03:20 PM

Playing your junior level players at 18 and burning a year off of their contract is such a bad idea...

digdug41982 01-28-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReimerForPM (Post 58538763)
Playing your junior level players at 18 and burning a year off of their contract is such a bad idea...

You could look at it both ways. If they don't have good starts to their careers stats wise, it is going to help on the next contract. The key is making sure they are ready for the NHL and continuing to develop.

Huffer 01-28-2013 03:41 PM

Looking like Scheifele will go back to Barrie.

Blind Gardien 01-28-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReimerForPM (Post 58538763)

Alas for the Habs, they don't actually have a better player in the system anywhere to use instead. So at $900k/bonuses Galchenyuk is actually their best/most affordable option. And they'll sell lots of jerseys and souvenirs that much sooner too. I don't think there is contract-burning side of it. It's purely on contribution and development. Galchenyuk is contributing, and it seems like he's ready for this stage and it will only help his development, so that's all that matters.

AKL 01-28-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

It's not that hard. It's not like his first name is Mogalushijo.

Ducksgo* 01-28-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Any word elsewhere?

Anaheim may be keeping Rickard Rakell. Still tbd though

tsujimoto74 01-28-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffer (Post 58540039)
Looking like Scheifele will go back to Barrie.

Has he not been that good? Or is there just not enough room on the roster for him? I thought he looked pretty ready in juniors this year, but I haven't watched any of Winnipeg's games yet.

oilinblood 01-28-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 58541613)
Has he not been that good? Or is there just not enough room on the roster for him? I thought he looked pretty ready in juniors this year, but I haven't watched any of Winnipeg's games yet.

not a big fan of watching winnipeg so i just dont. Is this a coach issue or what? How has he looked?

alpine4life 01-28-2013 04:32 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/28/39...real-canadiens

Galchenyuk & Gallager are staying for Montreal

Quote:

The Montreal Canadiens have announced that rookie Alex Galchenyuk will remain with the NHL team, as the deadline for sending players back to the juniors approached. Forward Brendan Gallagher will also remain with the team.

Huffer 01-28-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 58541613)

Space related mostly. He would't be able to bump someone from the top 6, and the team has better third line options as well at the moment (poni, Burmi, wellwood). He's close though IM0.

Aceonfire* 01-28-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J StClair28 (Post 58540607)
It's not that hard. It's not like his first name is Mogalushijo.

It must be Matt's relative...

cheg1349 01-28-2013 06:01 PM

Chiarelli announced today that Hamilton is staying in Boston for the year, not much of a surprise but now official.

B A T M A N 01-28-2013 06:03 PM

Devils will send Matteau down.

Devils Trap 01-28-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne (Post 58547665)
Devils will send Matteau down.

Most likely. Not definite though. He has impressed

B A T M A N 01-28-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 58547861)
Most likely. Not definite though. He has impressed

The only rookies they have ever kept the year after drafting him has been Niedermayer and Larsson. Don't see Matteau being added to that elusive list.

Superpest 01-28-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne (Post 58548061)
The only rookies they have ever kept the year after drafting him has been Niedermayer and Larsson. Don't see Matteau being added to that elusive list.

That's not a factor in deciding whether he stays or not though...

Zippy316 01-28-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet (Post 58548693)
That's not a factor in deciding whether he stays or not though...

Right now, he's a third/fourth liner. No reason to burn a year of his ELC for him to play 6-9 minutes a night. Niedermayer and Larsson stayed because they were ready for prime time minutes, Matteau is not.

Matteau is the stopgap until Henrique comes back essentially.

Superpest 01-28-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 58550019)
Right now, he's a third/fourth liner. No reason to burn a year of his ELC for him to play 6-9 minutes a night. Niedermayer and Larsson stayed because they were ready for prime time minutes, Matteau is not.

Oh I agree with that.

I'm just saying he's not gonna be sent down because the only 2 players to stay in the past were Larsson and Niedermayer and that her doesnt belong in that group

BIG BAD BRUINS 01-28-2013 06:56 PM

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...L%7CBOS%7Chome

Djp 01-28-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 58550019)

Same reason for Philadelphia sending Laughton back. He played for Brierre but there wasnt a need for him this year because of their depth at Center. He would be stuck in a 4th line role.

lifeisruff 01-28-2013 07:35 PM

if I was betting, I'd say Grigo stays. Too little forward depth, and he may not have wowed anyone, but he's still better then Matt Ellis and Luke Adam.

OCPenguin 01-28-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHegs1349 (Post 58547551)
Chiarelli announced today that Hamilton is staying in Boston for the year, not much of a surprise but now official.

He should stay up. Dougie looks like a kid that has been in the league for five years ... plays a very solid game without question and doesn't look out of place.

OCPenguin 01-28-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 58552871)
Same reason for Philadelphia sending Laughton back. He played for Brierre but there wasnt a need for him this year because of their depth at Center. He would be stuck in a 4th line role.

Let me preface this by saying I'm certainly not a Flyers fan, but I was impressed with what I saw from Laughton. Probably wise to send him down because this year might be a lost cause. That said, he didn't look out of place to me and played well.