HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Mika Zibanejad (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335451)

sens83 01-28-2013 03:41 PM

Mika Zibanejad
 
Surprised no one has created a thread about this yet. According to B-Sens website he was recalled this afternoon.

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/news/?article_id=1538

Godinster 01-28-2013 03:42 PM

Another source:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

Quote:

Zibanejad had one assist in nine NHL games at the start of last season.

He will be available for the Senators' next game, Tuesday against the Washington Senators
Hopefully our Ottawa Senators can beat those Washington Senators! And perhaps the Washington Congressmen too!

sens83 01-28-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godinster (Post 58540071)
Another source:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads



Hopefully our Ottawa Senators can beat those Washington Senators! And perhaps the Washington Congressmen too!

Let's hope they key playing like the Washington Generals...

Qward 01-28-2013 03:46 PM

We posted it in a couple other threads.

source 01-28-2013 04:12 PM

Someone speculate if he'll play or not, and where.

vdB 01-28-2013 04:19 PM

Seriously, I demand speculation NOW.

nanuuq 01-28-2013 04:20 PM

The flu is ravaging the team.
need bodies

General Granny* 01-28-2013 04:25 PM

Also the all star break means Bingo is off for a week, so it makes sense to get the guy some practices and some games for a guy that barely played this season.

ILLESToO 01-28-2013 04:25 PM

Bruce Garrioch

Coach Paul MacLean didn't rule out Zibanejad playing. GM Bryan Murray says he expects him to play. Expect Zibanejad to play. #Sens

Benny FTW 01-28-2013 04:44 PM

obvious show casing is obvious

White Goodman 01-28-2013 04:46 PM

Zibanejad for Gormley (e4)

Caeldan 01-28-2013 04:56 PM

This mean Alfie still out then?

Greeningfan14 01-28-2013 04:56 PM

I think he will score on Wednesday if he plays

Tundraman 01-28-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 58543491)
obvious show casing is obvious

Like that worked for Bishop. :baghead:

WasTeD 01-28-2013 05:07 PM

I expect Zoboomafoo to be all over the ice if he plays. I imagine he'll play wing.

playasRus 01-28-2013 05:26 PM

Wonder why he got the call over the likes of Hoff/DaCosta and whether they feel snubbed.

Karl Eriksson 01-28-2013 05:31 PM

Well he can play LW, and Lats sucks, so that's a possibility.

VikingKarlsson 01-28-2013 05:33 PM

Nice! Go Z!!!

SixthSens 01-28-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playasRus (Post 58545587)
Wonder why he got the call over the likes of Hoff/DaCosta and whether they feel snubbed.

Hoffman has a broken collarbone, as per this tweet:

Quote:

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner
F Mark Stone has broken finger and F Mike Hoffman broken collarbone. Stone needed to mend his sore ribs anyway. Time to heal. #b-Sens #Sens

playasRus 01-28-2013 07:51 PM

Thanks for the update. Still, you'd think DaCosta must be getting tired of being skipped over despite proving his worth in the AHL. Unless the Sens have given up on him.

Icelevel 01-28-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playasRus (Post 58556945)
Thanks for the update. Still, you'd think DaCosta must be getting tired of being skipped over despite proving his worth in the AHL. Unless the Sens have given up on him.

He must be getting very frustrated. And will be wanting to move on soon.

OD99 01-28-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelevel (Post 58557171)
He must be getting very frustrated. And will be wanting to move on soon.

Hopefully not and if he does then he probably isn't the type of player we want.

DaCosta has been injured twice this season I believe so he could use some consistency and ice time in the A plus he is a center which we don't need right now...this move doesn't mean they have given up on him or that he should demand anything.

I believe he has the goods and if he continues strong play this season he might get called up yet or worst case is gets and invite to camp next year and he can show his stuff then...

Pilgore88 01-28-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OD99 (Post 58561527)
Hopefully not and if he does then he probably isn't the type of player we want.

DaCosta has been injured twice this season I believe so he could use some consistency and ice time in the A plus he is a center which we don't need right now...this move doesn't mean they have given up on him or that he should demand anything.

I believe he has the goods and if he continues strong play this season he might get called up yet or worst case is gets and invite to camp next year and he can show his stuff then...

If Alfie or Lats need a rest and can't go tomorrow we need a winger, not a Center.

Berserker* 01-28-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playasRus (Post 58556945)
Thanks for the update. Still, you'd think DaCosta must be getting tired of being skipped over despite proving his worth in the AHL. Unless the Sens have given up on him.

The reason why Da Costa is in the AHL is that he needs to work on other aspects of his game besides putting up points. They know what he can do offensively, what they want to see is better defensive play, a higher compete level and willingness to go to the dirty areas and battle for pucks along the boards. He has made a lot of progress this season in all these areas but it is possible that they feel he has some more work to do. Aside from that, the biggest thing holding Da Costa back is his strength; at this point he probably isn't strong enough to ply the wing so he will only get called up if we need a centre.

OD99 01-28-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Officer Farva (Post 58562225)
If Alfie or Lats need a rest and can't go tomorrow we need a winger, not a Center.

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or if you misread me? I said he was a center and that isn't what the Ottawa Senators need right now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.