HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1335927)

MTechnik 01-29-2013 01:33 AM

Is Alain Vigneault the worst coach in the NHL right now?

He's clueless most of the time and still have a job because of the Sedins, Schneider and Luongo.

PensBandwagonerNo272 01-29-2013 01:35 AM

There's no chemistry in Vancouver anymore.

It's self-imposed and not necessarily Vigneault's fault.

DKQ 01-29-2013 01:35 AM

Sacco and Oates are worse

mrquincy27 01-29-2013 01:37 AM

Yes no doubt

TheDoubleDion87 01-29-2013 01:37 AM

The hell are we supposed to accurately rate a coach?

smackdaddy 01-29-2013 01:38 AM

Vancouver turns on AV ritually every year.

I actually think he's a great coach.

moolah3i4 01-29-2013 01:38 AM

How about the top 3 worst coaches this year, Sacco, Oates, Vigneault!

Luuuongo 01-29-2013 01:38 AM

fire av

TheHudlinator 01-29-2013 01:39 AM

In a league with Sacco in it the answer is no.

Todds Chiropractory 01-29-2013 01:40 AM

The Canucks are currently missing their 2nd line. Without them we aren't a top team in the league and you can't expect results similar to what we have been used to the past couple of seasons. The team will get healthy and they will improve. Can we please avoid the whole sky is falling bit for some real concerns. We are a .500 team 6 games in and that is about right with the current roster. This thread isn't made if the two shootout losses are shootout wins, and shootouts are meaningless so you can see how meaningless this thread is.

Vancouver Canucks* 01-29-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luuuongo (Post 58580553)
fire av

this

Xamboni 01-29-2013 01:41 AM

Canucks will be fine, they are playing like a team who are missing 2 top 6 players.

They are missing 2 top 6 players.

Nothing to see here folks.

Luuuongo 01-29-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 58580545)
Vancouver turns on AV ritually every year.

I actually think he's a great coach.

His ego is too big. No one with real skill is allowed to play unless you're a Sedin. If you're not a Sedin you need to be gritty.

Defends a lead at the worst times and every time and it always screws us over.

Our powerplay blows. (not his fault though, Newell Brown)

He plays favourites. Literally.

Leidi J 01-29-2013 01:42 AM

I don't know about strategically or in the locker room or anything like that.

My problem with him is all of his *****ing and complaining after every game. Whether it's about the other team or the refs or whatever. He's full of excuses for everything and I can't stand that in coaches in any sport.

I can't say whether this attitude then transfers to his team or rubs off. It does seem like it sometimes but I can't say that I watch the canucks more than a handful of times a year. This is just my impression from every single time the Sharks have played them.

Art of Sedinery 01-29-2013 01:43 AM

Everything that has every slightly gone wrong in Vancouver in AV's fault.

I hear he told Geroy Simon to sign with the Riders.

Luuuongo 01-29-2013 01:44 AM

Oh, and he's admitted he's not a speaker/doesn't develop close relationships with his players. By not a speaker I mean he doesn't really give speeches to motivate the players, he believes they should motivate themselves.

And found this beauty on the Canucks board:

http://postmediaprovince.files.wordp...012/04/av2.jpg

LOL

Xamboni 01-29-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champions of Nothing (Post 58580851)
Everything that has every slightly gone wrong in Vancouver in AV's fault.

I hear he told Geroy Simon to sign with the Riders.

I thought he got traded?

smackdaddy 01-29-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luuuongo (Post 58580733)
His ego is too big. No one with real skill is allowed to play unless you're a Sedin. If you're not a Sedin you need to be gritty.

Defends a lead at the worst times and every time and it always screws us over.

Our powerplay blows. (not his fault though, Newell Brown)

He plays favourites. Literally.

Ok. Flip side.

AV gives the ice time to players who don't deserve it or who aren't offensive threats.

Ask any Oiler fan how much our team needs grit and would cream pants for someone like Clowe. It's not just AV who favors grit, but unless you're out there creating legitimate offense, you can't be turning **** over and playing shinny. If you can't produce then you're bringing your lunch pail into work that day. That's how it's always been for almost every coach. And AV preaches it well and consistently.

I don't buy that AV doesn't give chances or plays favorites considering he benched Luongo and plays Kassian on the top line.

Luuuongo 01-29-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 58580933)
Ok. Flip side.

AV gives the ice time to players who don't deserve it or who aren't offensive threats.

Ask any Oiler fan how much our team needs grit and would cream pants for someone like Clowe. It's not just AV who favors grit, but unless you're out there creating legitimate offense, you can't be turning **** over and playing shinny. If you can't produce then you're bringing your lunch pail into work that day. That's how it's always been for almost every coach. And AV preaches it well and consistently.

I don't buy that AV doesn't give chances or plays favorites considering he benched Luongo and plays Kassian on the top line.

AV is notorious for playing favourites, lol. Kassian is one of his favourites. Anyone would want a Clowe. No one wants a Lapierre or Andrew Ebbett in their top 6. :help: Why do you think Coho was so sheltered? Dog house.

Rome was his boy toy. Don't even get me started on him. Anyone who watches the Canucks knows AV has his little man crushes, Rome was the poster boy for AV, though.

Vankiller Whale 01-29-2013 01:48 AM

No. He's made some questionable decisions, but with the way we've been playing and our 2nd line gone, having a .500 record isn't too bad. As the season goes on I'd expect us to be much better. As soon as we figure out which pairings to run to maximize chemistry, and Kesler and Booth come back, we will start looking much more like a cup contender.

Mouse21* 01-29-2013 01:49 AM

people think that because no one watches the Avs lol. hilarious.

kingsholygrail 01-29-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 58580635)
In a league with Sacco in it the answer is no.

I still can't believe this guy still has a job.

Todds Chiropractory 01-29-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luuuongo (Post 58581091)
AV is notorious for playing favourites, lol. Kassian is one of his favourites. Anyone would want a Clowe. No one wants a Lapierre or Andrew Ebbett in their top 6. :help: Why do you think Coho was so sheltered? Dog house.

Rome was his boy toy. Don't even get me started on him. Anyone who watches the Canucks knows AV has his little man crushes, Rome was the poster boy for AV, though.

Breathe... The team is .500 without Kesler or Booth. And we are 6 games into the season.

western redmen 01-29-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 (Post 58580661)
The Canucks are currently missing their 2nd line. Without them we aren't a top team in the league and you can't expect results similar to what we have been used to the past couple of seasons. The team will get healthy and they will improve. Can we please avoid the whole sky is falling bit for some real concerns. We are a .500 team 6 games in and that is about right with the current roster. This thread isn't made if the two shootout losses are shootout wins, and shootouts are meaningless so you can see how meaningless this thread is.

Shootout is meaningless?? Ask Calgary how meaningless shootout was last year

nowhereman 01-29-2013 01:51 AM

Vigneault is top ten in the NHL in career wins, has two President's Trophies, a Jack Adams, a Stanley Cup Finals berth, and is the winningest coach in Canucks franchise history.

There are worse coaches.