HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Eller to CHI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336131)

HawksTillDeath 01-29-2013 10:33 AM

Eller to CHI

What would it take for Eller to go to CHI??

I would slot him in as 3rd line C. For those that say we already have Kruger should also be aware Kruger is playing 4th C. If you feel like bumping Kruger up that is fine, then Eller should play 4th line. Overall, Chicago needs 4 Cs and Shaw isn't cutting it.

Sevanston 01-29-2013 10:45 AM

I really like Eller a lot. But like you said, we already have Kruger who plays a similar game, so I'm not looking to overpay for Eller.

Mahleezer 01-29-2013 10:56 AM

I like Eller as well and I want him to stay in Montreal for now.

I don't see him being traded for a pic or prospect and it will be hard to trade him 1 for 1.

If he get;s traded it will be in a package me thinks, but right now I don't see Bergy on the phone too much.

Eller may be available, I know Kabs is available now, maybe Weber as well.

A Kabs, Webs and Eller package won't get much so in Montreal he stays.

That being said... I'm not the Habs organization... if they were really high on Teravainen as some have mentioned in the past, and they still are then maybe something can be done.

Who knows?

Frozenice 01-29-2013 11:07 AM

I would want either Teravainen or Danault and Fournier for Eller.

Blackhawkswincup 01-29-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenice (Post 58594533)

Not happening

TT and Danault are unlikely to be moved as the organization views both very highly (Easily our best 2 prospects not in NHL)

Mahleezer 01-29-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 58595077)
Not happening

TT and Danault are unlikely to be moved as the organization views both very highly (Easily our best 2 prospects not in NHL)

Which is why Habs would be looking for one or the other since Eller is NHL ready!

Habcentric 01-29-2013 11:20 AM

The only problem I have with trading Eller right now is he hasnt shown enough to gauge his worth. We would be selling low which I dont really like doing. Unless there is an offer that cant be refused, I dont see Montreal trading him until we can fully see what his value is.

Petes2424 01-29-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habcentric (Post 58595211)
The only problem I have with trading Eller right now is he hasnt shown enough to gauge his worth. We would be selling low which I dont really like doing. Unless there is an offer that cant be refused, I dont see Montreal trading him until we can fully see what his value is.

His upside is still big. Only organizations that continue to stay at the bottom move guys like Eller. They definitely need to see what they have with him before moving him. Development is different for different players. Eller has tools. Big mistake to move him.

Blind Gardien 01-29-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habcentric (Post 58595211)

This. Of course, it also means if he levels out and can't put everything together, his trade value goes down. But that's the risk a building team like the Habs have to take.

Habs are pretty thin up front atm, can't afford to trade him for picks and prospects... even if you lined up an enticing seeming-overpayment that included, say, TT, it would not be a trade that the Habs could easily do right now, not just for futures. Eller is present and futures already.

Hawkaholic 01-29-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenice (Post 58594533)

I wouldn't trade 1 of those 2 straight up for Eller, let a lone adding Fournier on top of it.

I have minimal interest in Eller.

HawksTillDeath 01-29-2013 12:02 PM

How about Bickell and Morin for Eller

Bickell is a big body player that is matching Montreal's current style
and Morin has shown signs when healthy

I think that could work

Dharvey33 01-29-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath (Post 58597587)

I think that could work

Danault 2nd pick for Eller that would be the asking price.

Eller is only 23 and has been improving with minimal ice time. He could thrive in chicago for sure.

Maybe something like Saad+ could be made too.

If the hawks called i'd ask for Danault

Habsawce 01-29-2013 12:06 PM

I'd do Eller + NSH 2nd for TT

EveryDay 01-29-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dharvey33 (Post 58597715)

Eller is only 23 and has been improving with minimal ice time. He could thrive in chicago for sure.

Saad is Chicago best prospect..... Eller is not worth that. Danault for Eller seem fair for both side, but not sure if i want to trade Lars......

HawksTillDeath 01-29-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dharvey33 (Post 58597715)

Saad is obviously out of the question
It the equivalent of the Hawks asking for Gallagher right now
And you aren't trading him

Danault is the 2nd best prospect behind Saad and i doubt he's traded

But McNeill is an option

Captain Smurf 01-29-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath (Post 58597587)

I think that could work

Montreal doesn't need more big bodies considering who we already have at the bottom of our line-upand we have plenty of prospects like Morin. Complete non-starter. If Eller is moved its quality for quality trade.

Hawkaholic 01-29-2013 12:15 PM

Why? What's the point of acquiring Kruger 2.0? Especially if it costs us one of our previous 1st rounders not named Olsen or beach?

Captain Smurf 01-29-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath (Post 58598099)
Saad is obviously out of the question
It the equivalent of the Hawks asking for Gallagher right now
And you aren't trading him

Danault is the 2nd best prospect behind Saad and i doubt he's traded

But McNeill is an option

McNeill for Eller is a lateral move at best for Montreal. Both have similar upside, but Eller is far more proven and can help now. McNeill isn't enough to get Montreal interested.

DisgruntledHawkFan 01-29-2013 01:25 PM

We are a team trying to win a cup. A potential third line center tomorrow doesn't help us today.

jpchabby 01-29-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 58601615)
We are a team trying to win a cup. A potential third line center tomorrow doesn't help us today.

To be fair, I think Eller already is a third line center. Maybe not the best in the NHL, but he definitely is a legitimate 3rd line C.

EveryDay 01-29-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpchabby (Post 58602999)
To be fair, I think Eller already is a third line center. Maybe not the best in the NHL, but he definitely is a legitimate 3rd line C.

Agreed. How many 3rd line center had 16 goals + last year?

Edit: just check, he was ranked 53 in Goal for Center last year and that's without PP time.

Bad Natey 01-29-2013 02:00 PM

Eller is on our Top-6 wings (Pacioretty out 3-4 weeks), so unless you have a piece to send back that could play there, he's unavailable at this time.

Beendair Donedat 01-29-2013 02:02 PM

I'd take McNeil and Shaw on the Habs for Eller and another small piece.

nitz 01-29-2013 02:06 PM

Eller is overrated.

If I'm Chicago, I offer McNeil + 3rd. Maybe.

Frozenice 01-29-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitz (Post 58603679)
Eller is overrated.

If I'm Chicago, I offer McNeil + 3rd. Maybe.

I'd decline that without hesitation, no maybe's about it.