HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Jordie Benn vs Brenden Dillon (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336271)

DMaz16 01-29-2013 01:19 PM

Jordie Benn vs Brenden Dillon
 
Hey guys I haven't been able to catch much GDT talk so far this year so I was wondering who of the two you guys think has been better so far this season.

Dillon seemingly had a spot locked up before training camp whereas Benn probably benefited from the Fistric trade. That being said I've been really impressed with Benn so far this season and for my money has looked more comfortable then Dillon

Anyway just curious as to if you guys feel the same or think Dillon has been better


*side note: With two Benn's on the team now it's getting confusing so I submit we call Jordie JoBe (GOB)... He is the less talented older brother after all ;)

txomisc 01-29-2013 01:52 PM

I'll take the sissy way out and say theyve been pretty even. Neither has hurt the team much but neither has really been much positive either. So for me theyve both just been acceptable.

Sports 01-29-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txomisc (Post 58602911)
I'll take the sissy way out and say theyve been pretty even. Neither has hurt the team much but neither has really been much positive either. So for me theyve both just been acceptable.

Pretty much.

Cin 01-29-2013 02:00 PM

This isn't even close. Dillon by a mile.

Primetimey 01-29-2013 02:11 PM

Both have shown bright spots and both have been tentative and made silly mistakes. Hard to say.

eartotheground 01-29-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cin (Post 58603333)
This isn't even close. Dillon by a mile.

overstatement by a mile. and it isn't even close. i, and many others have found them very similar. and for every dillon fan you'll find a benn*fan.



*or maybe more...

Mr Misty 01-29-2013 02:18 PM

I think Benn has looked smoother with the puck, although that is more his game than Dillon's. It is close though, and both are preferable to Rome.

FrailSwan 01-29-2013 02:43 PM

Benn's made some mistakes, but overall I thought he's played pretty well. Especially taking into account this is his first true year in the lineup and he's already playing in all situations. I'm a Dillon fan, but I take Benn by just a hair.

Starsdude 01-29-2013 02:45 PM

Dillon has not been good with the puck and not as reliable defensively as I hoped. Sad when larsen is the physical part of that duo. Benn has been a great surprise. His first pass has generally been excellent and he has been more physical than Dillon. Decent on the second pp. A few mistakes but pretty tidy generally I thought. This team needs Olesiak though now. Robidas can be traded for the obligatory #3.

In Dillon's defense , Larsen has not really been great either and Daley is abetter partner and player so benn has that going for him which is nice...

Dirty Kari 01-29-2013 02:48 PM

In my eyes Benn has clearly benn better but that isn't because Dillon has looked bad. Benn has made mistakes but he has been good on the PK, decent on the PP, and seems to be able to retrieve and clearly pass the puck out of the defensive zone with some ease. The latter isn't a trait we have seen all too much the past couple seasons outside of Goligoski.

BeaverSports 01-29-2013 03:05 PM

Dillon has been much better positionally, he's more physical, and he makes a better first pass out of his zone. I just don't see Benn as an NHL defenceman.

Ampersand 01-29-2013 03:08 PM

Both seem pretty even so far, but by the end of the season, I expect Dillon to be on top.

Alistar 01-29-2013 03:44 PM

I give the edge to Jordie Benn who has played many tough minutes shorthanded and at even strength over Brenden Dillon, who has been somewhat sheltered at even strength. I basically see their performance as roughly equal but Jordie Benn's done it under tougher conditions.

KiedisA 01-29-2013 06:15 PM

Seems to me that Benn is being trusted more by the management and thus is starting PKs and getting some harder opponents to wrestle with..

We'll see if the pairing stick from now on, Dillon I think made a good pair with Robi and Benn is just the anchor with Daley flying infront of the line..

Stars99Lobo37 01-29-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiedisA (Post 58617121)
Seems to me that Benn is being trusted more by the management

Trust more...or...used as a negotiating tool.

StarsCaptainOU 01-29-2013 06:38 PM

Dillon

piqued 01-29-2013 08:17 PM

Give me Brenden Dillon every day of the week.

glovesave_35 01-29-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eartotheground (Post 58604277)
overstatement by a mile. and it isn't even close. i, and many others have found them very similar. and for every dillon fan you'll find a benn*fan.



*or maybe more...

results say otherwise...

Troy McClure 01-29-2013 08:37 PM

Benn has been on the ice for something like 90% of the goals against.

glovesave_35 01-29-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsdude (Post 58605717)
Dillon has not been good with the puck and not as reliable defensively as I hoped. Sad when larsen is the physical part of that duo. Benn has been a great surprise. His first pass has generally been excellent and he has been more physical than Dillon. Decent on the second pp. A few mistakes but pretty tidy generally I thought. This team needs Olesiak though now. Robidas can be traded for the obligatory #3.

In Dillon's defense , Larsen has not really been great either and Daley is abetter partner and player so benn has that going for him which is nice...

What hockey games have you been watching? Larsen more physical than Dillon. Benn more physical than Dillon...

FrailSwan 01-29-2013 09:20 PM

I change my vote to Dillon.

Troy McClure 01-29-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrailSwan (Post 58649283)
I change my vote to Dillon.

Dillon
Dillon
Dillon
Dillon and
Dillon

http://www.searchbar.me/wp-content/u...12/12/0140.jpg

Cin 01-29-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eartotheground (Post 58604277)
overstatement by a mile. and it isn't even close. i, and many others have found them very similar. and for every dillon fan you'll find a benn*fan.



*or maybe more...

Yep.

MetalGodAOD 01-29-2013 10:03 PM

Give me the 22 year old over the 25 year old.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.