HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sugar Shawn please show up. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336339)

TheReal13Linseman 01-29-2013 02:50 PM

Sugar Shawn please show up.
 
Two games, two giveaways for goals. While Milan's preoccuping his hands pounding guys instead of scoring goals getting reacquainted with Horts. Anyone here up for seeing Lucic with another hand injury?

Yeah, only 5 games played, yada yada. But that's 12% of this season.

Thornton needs to make like his pal Danny Bhoy and start thowing 'em.

Neely08 01-29-2013 02:55 PM

Yeah, he's in a rough patch. But he usually bounces back. Has to start making the safe play instead of trying to spring Paille.

Lucic shouldn't have gone w/ Gleason. He won, but it got the Canes going.

Fire Julien 01-29-2013 02:57 PM

We'll see if he dares to dance with Johnny Scott Thursday.

8Neely8 01-29-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco (Post 58606413)
We'll see if he dares to dance with Johnny Scott Thursday.

Huh?! After what a washed up Orr did to Scott the other day (see: crumpled into fetal position)...Im sure Thornton will have no issues chopping the big man down...

JMiller 01-29-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco (Post 58606413)
We'll see if he dares to dance with Johnny Scott Thursday.

Thornton had as many fights last year as Scott had in his last three.

Two weak giveaways, but some great play by Thornton inbetween. He was playing like a man possessed against the islanders. He's go the right apporach to the game, I'm not worried about him "showing up".

WBC8 01-29-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco (Post 58606413)
We'll see if he dares to dance with Johnny Scott Thursday.

May not be anything left of Scott after round 2 with Orr tonight. Nobody is afraid of Scott..nobody... I bet Lucic goes with him, and beats him....

WBC8 01-29-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman (Post 58606017)
Two games, two giveaways for goals. While Milan's preoccuping his hands pounding guys instead of scoring goals getting reacquainted with Horts. Anyone here up for seeing Lucic with another hand injury?

Yeah, only 5 games played, yada yada. But that's 12% of this season.

Thornton needs to make like his pal Danny Bhoy and start thowing 'em.

Thornton will be fine... He needs to stop thinking he is a finesse player and get back to making the safe plays...

MTaylorJ1 01-29-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 58607371)
May not be anything left of Scott after round 2 with Orr tonight. Nobody is afraid of Scott..nobody... I bet Lucic goes with him, and beats him....

Ugh, I seriously hope not.

Dellstrom 01-29-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 58607371)
May not be anything left of Scott after round 2 with Orr tonight. Nobody is afraid of Scott..nobody... I bet Lucic goes with him, and beats him....

That's a brutal trade off for us.

The most intimidating player in the NHL who can score 30 goals vs. a plug who's lucky to play 30 games.

WBC8 01-29-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dellstrom (Post 58607705)
That's a brutal trade off for us.

The most intimidating player in the NHL who can score 30 goals vs. a plug who's lucky to play 30 games.

The problem I have is Lucic isn't a goalie. He doesn't play 60 minutes. He plays 18-19 minutes. Whats the difference if he spends 5 of his 42 bench minutes in the box?

WBC8 01-29-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 (Post 58607515)
Ugh, I seriously hope not.

Lucic is in absolute animal mode right now. He's thought about this since July 1st I'm sure. Julien better mind his business this time!!!! :sarcasm:

TheReal13Linseman 01-29-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 58608489)
The problem I have is Lucic isn't a goalie. He doesn't play 60 minutes. He plays 18-19 minutes. Whats the difference if he spends 5 of his 42 bench minutes in the box?

I just worry that he'll hurt his hand since he punches with such force and wild abandon that he often punches the opponent's helmet. I love to see him fight but I'd rather it be less often. Agree that Thorts needs to get more conservative in his game.

VeddarRants 01-29-2013 03:44 PM

I have zero problems with Lucic fighting. It's a part of his game and a part of the team's identity. Keep throwin' em, Looch.

Scotto74 01-29-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeddarRants (Post 58608997)
I have zero problems with Lucic fighting. It's a part of his game and a part of the team's identity. Keep throwin' em, Looch.

I agree. I think it also brings him back to the foundation of his game. Keep him fighting and it keeps him into the game. When he dosen't fight he dosen't seem to stay in the zone.

I am not saying he has to fight every game but I would like to see him drop the gloves 10-15 times a year.

Do it more in the early stages and people will remember to give him more space. When he stops doing it I think some of that space goes away.

smithformeragent 01-29-2013 03:52 PM

This team does not have the raw talent to line up against a Pittsburgh or a Rangers, so they need to rely on playing an up-tempo brand of hockey to be successful. This involves a high level of emotion and intensity, which is going to lead to fights.

It's the age old argument:

"We win because I score goals" versus "We win because I make them crazy"

Bi Coastal Bawse* 01-29-2013 03:54 PM

Lucic didn't win last night but he also didn't lose
Scott wouldn't fight Thornton last year

I bet the Buffalo game goes like this
Mcquaid and Campbell fight
Scott tried to engage Chara and/or Lucic but they don't bite
Scott will not engage with Thornton

neelynugs 01-29-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely08 (Post 58606343)
Yeah, he's in a rough patch. But he usually bounces back. Has to start making the safe play instead of trying to spring Paille.
.

still remember thornton's first season in boston. took him a loooooong time to get going - granted, that was largely due to winning the cup and the short turnaround. but he seems like a guy that's gonna need a bunch of games to get up to speed - literally and figuratively.

WBC8 01-29-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman (Post 58608757)
I just worry that he'll hurt his hand since he punches with such force and wild abandon that he often punches the opponent's helmet. I love to see him fight but I'd rather it be less often. Agree that Thorts needs to get more conservative in his game.

Absolutely agree....Very, very valid concern. I do too.

MTaylorJ1 01-29-2013 04:02 PM

None of the arguments for Lucic fighting equates to dropping them with Superplug Scott.

WBC8 01-29-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeddarRants (Post 58608997)
I have zero problems with Lucic fighting. It's a part of his game and a part of the team's identity. Keep throwin' em, Looch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotto74 (Post 58609201)
I agree. I think it also brings him back to the foundation of his game. Keep him fighting and it keeps him into the game. When he dosen't fight he dosen't seem to stay in the zone.

I am not saying he has to fight every game but I would like to see him drop the gloves 10-15 times a year.

Do it more in the early stages and people will remember to give him more space. When he stops doing it I think some of that space goes away.

Looch has 2 fights in 5 games this year and I can't remember a better 5 game stretch for him...hitting, scoring, dirty areas...intimidating... He seems to "be more into it" when he drops em.

VanIsle 01-29-2013 04:07 PM

I love these boards, Bourque needs to go now, Shawn is a bum, Dougie is the greatest player of all time.

Be happy the team is good, don't complain, only complain when they truly do suck, the good times are great but the bad times are worse.

Dellstrom 01-29-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 58610171)
Looch has 2 fights in 5 games this year and I can't remember a better 5 game stretch for him...hitting, scoring, dirty areas...intimidating... He seems to "be more into it" when he drops em.

Not playing in Europe and that huge contract must have done a number on his motivation. :sarcasm:

WBC8 01-29-2013 04:15 PM

Thornton is also sick from what I remember... On Friday the Islanders crew ran into him and he said "You don't want what I got"...

WBC8 01-29-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanIsle (Post 58610319)
I love these boards, Bourque needs to go now, Shawn is a bum, Dougie is the greatest player of all time.

Be happy the team is good, don't complain, only complain when they truly do suck, the good times are great but the bad times are worse.

Flavor of the minute brother!

First and third lines haven't been great... PP is struggling.... and with all that...?

4-0-1. I will take it.

WBC8 01-29-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dellstrom (Post 58610411)
Not playing in Europe and that huge contract must have done a number on his motivation. :sarcasm:

Add the "getting married and having a child will make him soft".. :sarcasm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.