HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Puck possession percentage stat (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336747)

JetsFan815 01-29-2013 10:09 PM

Puck possession percentage stat
 
Is there anywhere we can find the puck possession % stat similar to soccer?

Talks to Goalposts 01-29-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetsFan815 (Post 58654765)
Is there anywhere we can find the puck possession % stat similar to soccer?

No its not tracked anymore.

But shot attempts differentials (Corsi) are a very good proxy for time of possession.

Jussi 01-29-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts (Post 58658133)
No its not tracked anymore.

But shot attempts differentials (Corsi) are a very good proxy for time of possession.

I don't remember ever seeing such stats during NHL games on tv. Perhaps a combination of time spent in each zone and number of consecutive passes in those zones would be more telling?

Go For It 01-29-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts (Post 58658133)
No its not tracked anymore.

But shot attempts differentials (Corsi) are a very good proxy for time of possession.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi (Post 58659389)
I don't remember ever seeing such stats during NHL games on tv. Perhaps a combination of time spent in each zone and number of consecutive passes in those zones would be more telling?

I know the Flyers broadcast has a "Time on Attack" stat they show during the intermissions, but I don't know how they define it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.