HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Best guy to play with Crosby... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336819)

g3ryder 01-30-2013 12:17 AM

Best guy to play with Crosby...
 
Out of these names, which do you consider to be the best player to play on Crosby's wing?

rumrokh 01-30-2013 12:23 AM

Eriksson because he's the most versatile and doesn't need the puck on his stick all the time to make an impact.

Tyler Myers 01-30-2013 12:30 AM

Kessel's passing skills are way too underrated.

Sky04 01-30-2013 12:31 AM

Eberle or Ryan,

Eberle is versitile and would allow Crosby to be both adangerous goal scorer and playmaker because he can be a triggerman or thread passes.

Ryan with Crosby would imo put him into the 90 assist category.

Benn is probably the least likely to gel with Crosby.

kmad 01-30-2013 12:32 AM

I have a feeling Alex Burrows would be able to net 40 playing with Sid.

Love 01-30-2013 12:32 AM

Tough choice between Kessel and Benn. I chose Kessel because of his finishing ability, if he can score 37 with Grabovski as his #1 C then he could score 50 with Crosby.

nowhereman 01-30-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love (Post 58663699)
Tough choice between Kessel and Benn. I chose Kessel because of his finishing ability, if he can score 37 with Grabovski as his #1 C then he could score 50 with Crosby.

Crosby and Kessel would dominate together. They both have major wheels and Crosby can play the game any way you want (passer or finisher). I think Kessel is a perennial Richard candidate, playing on Sid's wing.

Phion Keneuf 01-30-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love (Post 58663699)
Tough choice between Kessel and Benn. I chose Kessel because of his finishing ability, if he can score 37 with Grabovski as his #1 C then he could score 50 with Crosby.

He never plays with Grabo.

He plays with Bozak.

Kessel could pot at least 50 on Sids wing, I agree.

The Red Line 01-30-2013 12:41 AM

In terms of who'd be the best fit with Sid:

Ryan
Kessel
Eberle
Eriksson
Eberle

PAZ 01-30-2013 12:41 AM

Kessel.

Eberle is my second choice.

Vancouver Canucks* 01-30-2013 12:49 AM

Eberle

KnightofBoston 01-30-2013 12:49 AM

Eberle and Ryan

TAnnala 01-30-2013 12:52 AM

Ryan.

Pekka Rinne 01-30-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg (Post 58663671)
I have a feeling Alex Burrows would be able to net 40 playing with Sid.

Burrows isnt even one of the choices?

Pekka Rinne 01-30-2013 12:57 AM

Kessel or Eberle, picked Eberle.

WarriorOfGandhi 01-30-2013 12:58 AM

I'd think the volume shooters like Eberle and Kessel would be the best fit.

GetThePuckOut 01-30-2013 01:00 AM

Eberle IMO.

Most versatile of the bunch, reads the play well, and excels on the PP.

Corey Perry* 01-30-2013 01:10 AM

Eberle.

FDBluth 01-30-2013 01:15 AM

Eberle. A big part of Crosby's game is played without the puck. I think the best type of player to play with him isn't necessarily a sniper, but a player who thinks a quick offensive game and has the ability to play playmaker and find him when he's creating space. Eberle is the closest of the players above to this type of player.

The Penguins have failed miserably in finding anyone close to this kind of player for Sid. 8 years...

Sky04 01-30-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDBluth (Post 58664959)
Eberle. A big part of Crosby's game is played without the puck. I think the best type of player to play with him isn't necessarily a sniper, but a player who thinks a quick offensive game and has the ability to play playmaker and find him when he's creating space. Eberle is the closest of the players above to this type of player.

The Penguins have failed miserably in finding anyone close to this kind of player for Sid. 8 years...

Hossa was pretty good, but not sure how that chemsitry would've worked long term.

Toydarian 01-30-2013 02:32 AM

I know he isn't in your poll, but isn't Parise considered the best candidate as a winger for Crosby?

MastuhNinks 01-30-2013 02:36 AM

I'd hate to see Kessel not wearing a Leafs uniform but him and Sid would be magical together. I think in a full 82 game season 100 points wouldn't be out of the question for Kessel if he was playing with Crosby.

Affinity 01-30-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toydarian (Post 58666097)
I know he isn't in your poll, but isn't Parise considered the best candidate as a winger for Crosby?

Came here expecting to vote for Parise! Voted Eberle, it was between him, Kessel and Ryan.

tml145 01-30-2013 02:46 AM

i think kessel and eberle would score 50 on crosbys wing

Bure All Day 01-30-2013 04:32 AM

If you know what's up, you'll vote Eberle..

Guy has easily best hands and smarts of the group, and even though he doesnt have the size and power of Ryan, he would still be the better fit with Crosby

Very similar players, Eberle goes for more goals and passing, but still has amazing vision and finish


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.