HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   James Reimer Discussion Thread. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336875)

Qubax 01-26-2013 06:49 PM

James Reimer Discussion Thread.
 
I think a large portion of Leafs fans were lumping Reimer in with Scrivens after that horrific debacle against the Islanders.

The fact is outside of the weak goal against Crosby, Reimer has looked pretty good this year. More importantly I believe that Reimer is looking more and more comfortable and confident with each game, with each save.

Without Allaire here to try and make Reimer a Giguere robot clone, Reimer can get back to what made him a good goalie to begin with; playing naturally, allowing his talent and ability to take over, to play organically and let things come to him.

Your seeing this more and more this season. I really noticed it tonight in the Rangers game.

Reimer sans-Allaire and the head injury is a good goalie and we're just at the start of big things for Reimer.

Stephen 01-26-2013 06:53 PM

He's got a lot to prove, but it does look like he's stabilized his game.

Aplayaz2000 01-26-2013 06:54 PM

wonder how many more threads we'll get if the Rangers dont score the next period

Optimus Riem doing his thing tho

JMcLeaf 01-26-2013 06:55 PM

Way too early to tell. Happy with his play so far though.

12345* 01-26-2013 06:56 PM

He looks calm in net. He plays well when he's not moving around too much.

He has to improve in his movement when the puck is behind the net. Either he has issues with picking up the puck or the defence is not communicating well enough with the goalie.

charliolemieux 01-26-2013 06:56 PM

Reimer can kiss my ass.

He'll play just good enough fr us to miss the playoffs.
Then we'll all sit there saying "we're so close"

Instead of selling everything and getting as many top picks as we can in this deep draft. We'll lament how we missed the playoffs by 4pts and having the 12th overall pick sucks balls.

Pi 01-26-2013 06:57 PM

No. Don't do this. Please.

He's had a good game and so far a good period, but let's wait till about 30 games till we know how our goaltending is.

I know how you feel though, it feels so good to get some good goaltending.

Drew311 01-26-2013 06:57 PM

What happens if Reimer lets in 5 goals tonight? Will he be considered garbage again by Leafs fans?

Funny what one glove save on Rick Nash can do for you.

Billy6 01-26-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax (Post 58407607)
I think a large portion of Leafs fans were lumping Reimer in with Scrivens after that horrific debacle against the Islanders.

The fact is outside of the weak goal against Crosby, Reimer has looked pretty good this year. More importantly I believe that Reimer is looking more and more comfortable and confident with each game, with each save.

Without Allaire here to try and make Reimer a Giguere robot clone, Reimer can get back to what made him a good goalie to begin with; playing naturally, allowing his talent and ability to take over, to play organically and let things come to him.

Your seeing this more and more this season. I really noticed it tonight in the Rangers game.

Reimer sans-Allaire and the head injury is a good goalie and we're just at the start of big things for Reimer.

I agree 100%, but I know that the first time he gives up a weak goal or has one bad game people will be all over him screaming for Luongo.

Give Reimer the ball and let him run with it for the whole season.

Lansdown 01-26-2013 07:06 PM

We've watched 20 minutes of hockey, lord jesus christ, save it til the game is over at least.

legendinblue 01-26-2013 07:07 PM

It's been one period.

Terrence 01-26-2013 07:09 PM

Jinx thread.

12345* 01-26-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendinblue (Post 58409303)
It's been one period.

Vezina - sorry brah

Dirty Dan 01-26-2013 07:10 PM

He made a save on nash and now his stocks gone up 300%, lets see how it plays out first

GordieHoweHatTrick 01-26-2013 07:10 PM

Gotta love the premature threads littered all over the Maple Leafs forum

BarneyStinson 01-26-2013 07:11 PM

Way to early. Make this thread after 20 games and some solid starts that isnt a 3-4 game example.

Qubax 01-26-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcLeaf (Post 58408191)
Way too early to tell. Happy with his play so far though.

I knew this thread would be deemed as "too early" and "a lot to prove" and there's nothing wrong with these sentiments...

however that's why I said this is the START of things for Reimer...

...it is only the beginning.

Erdinger 01-26-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick (Post 58409535)
Gotta love the premature threads littered all over the Maple Leafs forum

The guy is a Flames fan as well:shakehead

spidergoalie 01-26-2013 07:14 PM

Lol at all the Allaire slams.
Who was Reimer's goalie coach with the Marlies?
Who was Reimer's goalie coach when he went on that run the last half of the 2010-11 season?

All that was wrong with Reimer last season was the injury.
Also with Wilson and his run and gun style gone Leaf goalies should fair better.

Reimer is looking good so far, but let's not declare him the messiah yet.

Ps he still looks like a Giguere clone. With a cup and conn smythe I'm not sure why that is bad???

Kessely Snipes 01-26-2013 07:20 PM

Lets see how we finish, no doubt he's looked good.

King Mapes 01-26-2013 07:20 PM

Jinx thread

MrLegend28* 01-26-2013 07:21 PM

im gonna print screen the HFBoards during a win and during a loss so you bipolar fans can see how you react lol

Erdinger 01-26-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLegend28 (Post 58410805)
im gonna print screen the HFBoards during a win and during a loss so you bipolar fans can see how you react lol

WTF are you talking about? The OP isn't a Leafs fan.:(

Warden of the North 01-26-2013 07:28 PM

Reimer has shown he has the talent to play in the NHL (almost a seasons worth of play).

Scrivens hasnt yet shown that. Lets not forget Scrivens is older then Reimer too.

King Mapes 01-26-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLegend28 (Post 58410805)
im gonna print screen the HFBoards during a win and during a loss so you bipolar fans can see how you react lol

Game by game? You can do it goal by goal :laugh:

Hell after our 3-1 lead against the Isles playoff talk was going on. A period later and we wana tank


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.