HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Speculation: Roster thoughts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336897)

Djp 01-30-2013 03:09 AM

Roster thoughts
 
in looking how the Sabres have been playing if I had Ruffs ear i would set up these lines:

Hecht/Leino-Hodgson-Pommer
Ott-Ennis-stafford
Folignio-Grigs-Vanek
Scott-Hecht/Ellis-Kaleta

They need to unload some of their roster. Leino and Mccormick are currently on the IR and they are carrying 8 Dmen.

!. Ellis can go down to rochester and clear waivers.

2. they need to make a trade of players like a 2 for 1, 1 for pick type of deal. Likely ones to be moved would be McCormick, Gerbe, Leopold, and Sekera.

next year they have RW Arima coming in to the fold.

wunderpanda 01-30-2013 04:28 AM

I would trade Ennis, Stafford and Sekera for a real centre.

heartsabres* 01-30-2013 11:28 AM

I think Weber and Brennan played last night to showcase someone. This team needs to trim the dead weight, bring up McNabb to get him going, Pysyk is not far behind. Get rid of Leopold and or Regher and bring in a defence 4th line center who is young and can take faceoffs.

I donīt want to tank but lets look to the future. Also the sabres need a centerman who is serious about winning and has won before to center the first line.

SabresFan26 01-30-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsabres (Post 58677927)
I think Weber and Brennan played last night to showcase someone. This team needs to trim the dead weight, bring up McNabb to get him going, Pysyk is not far behind. Get rid of Leopold and or Regher and bring in a defence 4th line center who is young and can take faceoffs.

I donīt want to tank but lets look to the future. Also the sabres need a centerman who is serious about winning and has won before to center the first line.

First, have you watched either of those Amerks defenseman play this year? McNabb has not been good and Pysyk started off strong but has gotten worse. Why would they bring them up and reward them if they're not playing well? Second, how many winning first line centers are available? Teams don't trade these guys, they develop (which we are trying to do with Ennis/Hodgson).

The one thing I do agree with is looking to the future. But as Jame and I as well as others have said, we cannot even tank properly with Miller.

SackTastic 01-30-2013 01:59 PM

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1324561

Jame 01-30-2013 02:01 PM

Embrace the rebuild... put the big names on the market

heartsabres* 01-30-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPurp26 (Post 58685811)
First, have you watched either of those Amerks defenseman play this year? McNabb has not been good and Pysyk started off strong but has gotten worse. Why would they bring them up and reward them if they're not playing well? Second, how many winning first line centers are available? Teams don't trade these guys, they develop (which we are trying to do with Ennis/Hodgson).

The one thing I do agree with is looking to the future. But as Jame and I as well as others have said, we cannot even tank properly with Miller.

It is not about rewarding them, either they are a part of the future or they are not. If they are a part of the future then play McNabb for a few games and see if he plays like last year.

Your post is like it has to be one way or the other way but if you trade out the older defenceman then yes McNabb has a chance and canīt do any worse then Brennan.

If you donīt want McNabb here then let him rot in the AHL, I think giving McNabb some ice time in the NHL might make a difference in his play. As for Pysyk I said not far off meaning next year.

You want to look to the future then you play your future now, it is not about rewarding them, they are not dogs doing tricks :shakehead

Jame 01-30-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsabres (Post 58686697)
It is not about rewarding them, either they are a part of the future or they are not. If they are a part of the future then play McNabb for a few games and see if he plays like last year.

Your post is like it has to be one way or the other way but if you trade out the older defenceman then yes McNabb has a chance and canīt do any worse then Brennan.

If you donīt want McNabb here then let him rot in the AHL, I think giving McNabb some ice time in the NHL might make a difference in his play. As for Pysyk I said not far off meaning next year.

You want to look to the future then you play your future now, it is not about rewarding them, they are not dogs doing tricks :shakehead

21 yr old players in their 2nd pro year aren't "rotting" in the AHL... stop with the nonsense hyperbole
:facepalm:

heartsabres* 01-30-2013 02:18 PM

As for a center there are lots that are around but you have to pay the price. I will not guess at the price but we do have guys like Ennis, Stafford, McNabb, Sekera and draft picks it has to atleast get a GM thinking.

If the sabres want to win now then I would think about Lecavalier who can be had but has a big contract and is getting older but can be had. (I said think about)

If you want to win next year then you hope Getzlaf makes it to UFA he is the one guy I would give the keys to.

Jame 01-30-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPurp26 (Post 58685811)
First, have you watched either of those Amerks defenseman play this year? McNabb has not been good and Pysyk started off strong but has gotten worse. Why would they bring them up and reward them if they're not playing well? Second, how many winning first line centers are available? Teams don't trade these guys, they develop (which we are trying to do with Ennis/Hodgson).

The one thing I do agree with is looking to the future. But as Jame and I as well as others have said, we cannot even tank properly with Miller.

if we want to rebuild we need to trade Miller to Anaheim... and put Pommer and Vanek on the "available" list... notify everyone.

Jame 01-30-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsabres (Post 58686915)
As for a center there are lots that are around but you have to pay the price. I will not guess at the price but we do have guys like Ennis, Stafford, McNabb, Sekera and draft picks it has to atleast get a GM thinking.

If the sabres want to win now then I would think about Lecavalier who can be had but has a big contract and is getting older but can be had. (I said think about)

If you want to win next year then you hope Getzlaf makes it to UFA he is the one guy I would give the keys to.

No he can't. He has a full NMC, He is a major figure in the community. Lecavalier isn't available.

TheWook 01-30-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 58686019)
Embrace the rebuild... put the big names on the market

Something I would like to see at this point

heartsabres* 01-30-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 58686857)
21 yr old players in their 2nd pro year aren't "rotting" in the AHL... stop with the nonsense hyperbole
:facepalm:

Do you know what an adverb is ?what about a personal pronoun? So I am guessing you donīt. Please look up the word "then" and "you" then reread my post. Thank you.

It is like you donīt know how to interpret a post. You see the words but you donīt know what they mean.

TheWook 01-30-2013 02:22 PM

This is a name that's probably been brought up before but what about Brassard from Columbus?

heartsabres* 01-30-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 58686961)
No he can't. He has a full NMC, He is a major figure in the community. Lecavalier isn't available.

Everyone is available, thats just silly nonsense.

Jame 01-30-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsabres (Post 58687139)
Everyone is available, thats just silly nonsense.

cool, we should get Crosby and Shea Weber, they "could be had"

wilson1379 01-30-2013 02:27 PM

I'm really fond of Malkin, maybe he could be had aswell.

Or maybe just package Stamkos in with Lecavalier!!!
:handclap::handclap::handclap::shakehead:shakehead :shakehead

heartsabres* 01-30-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilson1379 (Post 58687369)
I'm really fond of Malkin, maybe he could be had aswell.

Or maybe just package Stamkos in with Lecavalier!!!
:handclap::handclap::handclap::shakehead:shakehead :shakehead

What are you even talking about??? Or are you just trying to flame me?

It is like Gretzky played for Edmonton his whole career. oh wait....

OkimLom 01-30-2013 02:30 PM

Honestly, I would like to see our players now with a different coach and system. We know what they look like playing Lindy's system, and I don't think they're built, nor have the motivation, to keep playing Lindy's way.

I would like to see what they can do with someone else before I would want to start trading away guys. You have a good mix of old and new, and we've seen the whole getting rid of players routine, with similar results. I'm not one to really want to get rid of coaching but, too many players have left that we thought were the cause of some issues, and we keep seeing the same type of play and consistency from the players.

Jame 01-30-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsabres (Post 58687469)
What are you even talking about??? Or are you just trying to flame me?

It is like Gretzky played for Edmonton his whole career. oh wait....

that reference is like... totally relevant :handclap:

struckbyaparkedcar 01-30-2013 02:31 PM

You can literally buy players again? GAS UP THE JET

Jame 01-30-2013 02:32 PM

Lecavalier can like, totally be had in trade... because he would like totally waiver his Full No Movement Clause... to leave the team he is the Captain of and the community that he is practically a hero in... to come play in Buffalo. Like... totally.

heartsabres* 01-30-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 58687609)
You can literally buy players again? GAS UP THE JET

You can with cap space.....zing

SabresFan26 01-30-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 58687661)
Lecavalier can like, totally be had in trade... because he would like totally waiver his Full No Movement Clause... to leave the team he is the Captain of and the community that he is practically a hero in... to come play in Buffalo. Like... totally.

Get the Pegula jet

Duddy 01-30-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 58686019)
Embrace the rebuild... put the big names on the market

But wouldn't that be the same as they did when we lost Drury and Briere? Basically thrusting guys into roles too big for them?

I'd rather keep Vanek and Poms around for a few more seasons so the young guys can stay protected for a little longer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.