HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Realignment & Rivalry (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336909)

Bubba88 01-30-2013 05:59 AM

Realignment & Rivalry

just hope we will be in a division with the Wild and Jets soon as staying with the Blues and Wings. That would be epic. I'm sick of that so called Nucks rivalery

Ace Rothstein 01-30-2013 08:24 AM

Vancouver will continue to be a rival if they keep meeting in the playoffs.

I do agree though that the Wild and Hawks should be in the same division. I think most hockey fans agree that a rivalry would spark pretty quickly there.

TorMenT 01-30-2013 08:50 AM

That would be a good rival for us. They're close to us geographically which always makes for a good rivalry. I wouldn't mind getting put in a division with them and Detroit and St Louis.

RayP 01-30-2013 09:07 AM

http://i.imgur.com/sGfLgxa.png

TorMenT 01-30-2013 09:16 AM

As of right now, that banner is a lie. Not much of a rivalry at all between these 2 teams.

RayP 01-30-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorMenT (Post 58671757)
As of right now, that banner is a lie. Not much of a rivalry at all between these 2 teams.

Yeah, I thought it was definitely a bit odd when I first saw it.

bigplay41 01-30-2013 09:49 AM

Cant wait to be in the same division as you guys!!! Btw saw Johnny O is +8 for you guys! Still hating on that trade? Looks like it worked out for both of us in the end!

brtriad 01-30-2013 10:10 AM

Oduya is fine in a limited powerplay/bottom pairing role. It's when Q puts him in defensive situation that he blows up on us.

MadhouseOnMadison 01-30-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigplay41 (Post 58672997)
Cant wait to be in the same division as you guys!!! Btw saw Johnny O is +8 for you guys! Still hating on that trade? Looks like it worked out for both of us in the end!

Yeah yeah, now give us back Buff.

deytookerjaabs 01-30-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigplay41 (Post 58672997)

He's only a +8 because Q changed things around, I think because of the Bolland move to 2C so our third line doesn't just play a shut down role. Now, Keith/Seabrook are usually on the ice when our Bottom 6 is playing while Hammer/Oduya and Leddy/Whoever are more often on the ice with our top 6, at even strength. So, in turn, I'm sure a few more games in people will look at the stat sheet and say "What's wrong with Duncan Keith."

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein (Post 58670043)
Vancouver will continue to be a rival if they keep meeting in the playoffs.

If realignment goes as was previously planned, they wouldn't be able to meet until the either the semifinals or Cup Final.

Nucks rivalry is as good as dead.

Sevanston 01-30-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 58677609)
If realignment goes as was previously planned, they wouldn't be able to meet until the either the semifinals or Cup Final.

Nucks rivalry is as good as dead.

Too much bad blood between the players for it to die on the ice, but between the fans it's definitely on its deathbed.

Cullksinikers 01-30-2013 11:23 AM

The whole rivalry thing with the Wild is that they are basing it off the old North Stars/Hawks rivalry. That's a complete joke. They aren't the same franchise and there has been nothing serious of note to mention in now the 12th year we will have been facing the Wild.

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 58677659)
Too much bad blood between the players for it to die on the ice

But they aren't going to be playing each other almost ever. If it's down to just 2 games a year and there needing to be a near miracle to meet in the playoffs (because let's face it, how often is Vancouver going to make it to the last 4 :laugh:) then the rivalry between the players will die. There needs to be many games for the bad blood to continue.

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 58677689)
The whole rivalry thing with the Wild is that they are basing it off the old North Stars/Hawks rivalry. That's a complete joke. They aren't the same franchise and there has been nothing serious of note to mention in now the 12th year we will have been facing the Wild.

It really doesn't have anything at all to do with that.

The whole Wednesday Night Rivalry is a just a joke promotion. The Hawks will play the Avs later in the year during this thing. The Red Wings play the Kings, where is the rivalry there?

Good on NBCSN for trying something new, but they really should try to make sure that all the games are actual rivalry games in the future.

Cullksinikers 01-30-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 58678033)
It really doesn't have anything at all to do with that.

The whole Wednesday Night Rivalry is a just a joke promotion. The Hawks will play the Avs later in the year during this thing. The Red Wings play the Kings, where is the rivalry there?

Good on NBCSN for trying something new, but they really should try to make sure that all the games are actual rivalry games in the future.

You are right, but they were showing clips of the Hawks and the North Stars when promoting it. This is one they can try (and fail) to pass off as a rivalry, but they have nothing to base the other ones on.

I guess they'll try to use these:

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 11:42 AM

Interesting. I haven't seen any commercials with that.

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 11:52 AM

Kevin Weekes just said "This is going to be a huge Central Division matchup" :laugh:

Cullksinikers 01-30-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 58678713)
Interesting. I haven't seen any commercials with that.

There haven't been any commercials with those, but when they do, they may try to use those as examples for the "rivalry" they are advertising.

EDIT: I see what you meant now. There was a commercial or a short clip on NBCSN at one point showing the Hawks and North Stars in a handshake line and someone fighting Dino.

Blackhawkswincup 01-30-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 58667419)
just hope we will be in a division with the Wild and Jets soon as staying with the Blues and Wings. That would be epic. I'm sick of that so called Nucks rivalery

Sorry but the Wild mean nothing to me ,, I dont care for them or view them as rival

If they moved into same division with Hawks it would still not compel me to view them as rival. They would be a lesser Columbus Blue Jackets to me

The North Stars were our rival ,, Not some cheap imitation

As for Jets ,, Winnipeg means nothing to me as well. The first time they had Jets they didnt mean anything to me and they certainly are not a rival

IU Hawks fan 01-30-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 58679593)
There haven't been any commercials with those, but when they do, they may try to use those as examples for the "rivalry" they are advertising.

I'm talking about the ones with the North Stars. I haven't seen any of those.

Cullksinikers 01-30-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 58679667)
I'm talking about the ones with the North Stars. I haven't seen any of those.

I realized that and edited my post.

:laugh:

Hawkaholic 01-30-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtriad (Post 58673943)
Oduya is fine in a limited powerplay/bottom pairing role. It's when Q puts him in defensive situation that he blows up on us.

You do realize he is curerntly NOT playing in a bottom pairing role?

deytookerjaabs 01-30-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 58680241)
You do realize he is curerntly NOT playing in a bottom pairing role?

Yep. Hence, he isn't stuck in his own zone too often, because when he is stuck in his zone or pressured on the forecheck he is awful. Any Dman will have better stats when they're feeding the puck to Toews/Hossa all night long, plus benefit from their two-way play.

Bubba88 01-30-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 58679601)
Sorry but the Wild mean nothing to me ,, I dont care for them or view them as rival

If they moved into same division with Hawks it would still not compel me to view them as rival. They would be a lesser Columbus Blue Jackets to me

The North Stars were our rival ,, Not some cheap imitation

As for Jets ,, Winnipeg means nothing to me as well. The first time they had Jets they didnt mean anything to me and they certainly are not a rival

right now, this is true. Just wait until the realignment took place and we will face them in the POs. Then it will become a new rivalry. Just like it came out of nowhere with the Nucks.

This is more about the future. I can't wait to start growing some hate about those teams. Never really got into it with the Jackets and Preds. I'm sure this would change with the Wild and Jets in the same division