HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Canes recall Nodl, waive Boychuk (claimed by Pittsburgh) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1336955)

dmonk 01-30-2013 08:54 AM

Canes recall Nodl, waive Boychuk (claimed by Pittsburgh)

wonder why

ah yes.. Larose ate something...

Chrispy 01-30-2013 08:55 AM

Probably a short-term replacement for LaRose in case LaRose is not ready to go Friday after an allergic reaction to something he ate.

That said, LaRose is practicing today per Michael Smith, so that may not be it.

Boom Boom Anton 01-30-2013 08:58 AM

doesn't this move put Carolina over the contract limit?

EDIT: NVM..forgot Welsh went down

I heard that they expect LaRose to be ready for Friday. Maybe this is to replace Westgarth on the 4th line as Boychuk is not well suited to that line anyhow.

Chrispy 01-30-2013 08:59 AM

I see the edit now. They never replaced Welsh on the roster, so there was one open slot. Maybe this is a desire to shuffle more players in with 3 games in 4 days?

Anton Dubinchuk 01-30-2013 09:16 AM

Faulk still practicing in a yellow, non-contact jersey.

I don't like that he isn't fully back yet.

geehaad 01-30-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk (Post 58671769)
Faulk still practicing in a yellow, non-contact jersey.

I don't like that he isn't fully back yet.

It stinks of concussion. Did anyone identify the probable moment at which he was injured, and if so, was a concussion possible/likely?

Anton Dubinchuk 01-30-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geehaad (Post 58671875)
It stinks of concussion. Did anyone identify the probable moment at which he was injured, and if so, was a concussion possible/likely?

That's what I was thinking but I didn't wanna jinx it. I didn't catch the Buffalo game so I can't speak to the actual injury.

Still, we might not end up with a max roster if Faulk is out for any period of time...

Boom Boom Anton 01-30-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geehaad (Post 58671875)

I first thought the same, but if it was a concussion though, then why would he be skating so quickly after the injury. He was at a full practice right before the Bruins game. Given all the focus on concussions now days, I would think he'd be off the ice until fully cleared.

Here is my complete wild guess. A injury to the ribs/mid section.

Novacane 01-30-2013 09:35 AM

I still think the Faulk injury could have been from that Vanek(?) slash. It looked harmless but you never know.

Anton Dubinchuk 01-30-2013 09:38 AM

I don't really care that Nodl is up. I'd rather just have Boychuk play on the 3rd with Bowman and Jokinen if it's Larose that's out, and if he's not out I say just roll the lines we've got.

Joe McGrath 01-30-2013 09:41 AM

I find it hard to believe they would send Faulk to the Canes Corner nonsense if he was recovering from a concussion.

Gotta Catch Em Staal 01-30-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe McGrath (Post 58672697)
I find it hard to believe they would send Faulk to the Canes Corner nonsense if he was recovering from a concussion.

Exactly my thought. Either it's not a concussion or our organization is the dumbest ever and the NHLPA needs to file a grievance.

Oenatzu 01-30-2013 09:51 AM

JR will do anything to keep Boychuk in the press box.

geehaad 01-30-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oenatzu (Post 58673113)
JR will do anything to keep Boychuk in the press box.

I know you're joking, but that is entirely on Muller.

Psyduck 01-30-2013 10:18 AM

The report I read Monday said that Faulk would check for "soreness" after practice to determine if he would play against the bruins. Doesn't sound like a concussion.

Anton H Christ 01-30-2013 10:28 AM

alright is it noodle or NO-dl. got 20 on noodle.

Psyduck 01-30-2013 10:29 AM

As for the Nodl recall I hope he replaces Larose in the lineup next game. Other than drawing a couple of penalties he has been useless Imo.

geehaad 01-30-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton H Christ (Post 58674837)
alright is it noodle or NO-dl. got 20 on noodle.

I've never asked the guy, personally, but I'm guessing that the O is pronounced with an "umlaut" (). If that's true, then neither of the "new" nor "know" sounds would be completely correct...it's kind of a cross between the two.

My guess is that he attempted to convey that to John and/or Tripp and they butchered it into NOODLE, and when he caught wind of that, he asked them to just go back to butchering it as KNOWDULL.

Metro Misfits 01-30-2013 10:51 AM

Faulk had a broken jaw in Charlotte, could be related to that.

What the Faulk 01-30-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geehaad (Post 58675965)
I've never asked the guy, personally, but I'm guessing that the O is pronounced with an "umlaut" (). If that's true, then neither of the "new" nor "know" sounds would be completely correct...it's kind of a cross between the two.

My guess is that he attempted to convey that to John and/or Tripp and they butchered it into NOODLE, and when he caught wind of that, he asked them to just go back to butchering it as KNOWDULL.

So more like Nyodl?

Joe McGrath 01-30-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geehaad (Post 58675965)

I have two theories on that.

1. Exactly as you said above.

2. Someone, not necessarily Nodl himself told Tripp it was Noodle and he then conveyed it to Forslund. I think this might be the case since every time Tripp tries to pronounce something or flex his Russian dialogue Forslund always says we'll have to check on that.

geehaad 01-30-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What the Faulk (Post 58676089)
So more like Nyodl?

As I was finding out how to render the character, I saw this YouTube link. You might find it informative, brilliant, and hilarious all at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExtsL1GvsL4

Blueline Bomber 01-30-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe McGrath (Post 58676279)
I have two theories on that.

1. Exactly as you said above.

2. Someone, not necessarily Nodl himself told Tripp it was Noodle and he then conveyed it to Forslund. I think this might be the case since every time Tripp tries to pronounce something or flex his Russian dialogue Forslund always says we'll have to check on that.

You mean Tripp doesn't speak perfect Russian? I thought his "Hey, Hey, Whatdoya Say" was dead on :sarcasm:

Chrispy 01-30-2013 11:11 AM

Boychuk has been placed on waivers to send back to Charlotte.

Anton Dubinchuk 01-30-2013 11:14 AM

****. Are we seriously going to lose Boychuk right now? At the expense of calling up Andreas freaking Nodl?

Zach Boychuk: 1 game a year on the top line, an obvious "failed" experiment. Shame to lose him now...