HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Domi almost fought Guerin at NHLPA meeting (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=133708)

Albi 03-10-2005 03:13 AM

Domi almost fought Guerin at NHLPA meeting

link - FoxSports.com

Man, I really can't stand Guerin, I'm so sorry Domi didn't nail him...

GoneFullHextall 03-10-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
link - FoxSports.com

Man, I really can't stand Guerin, I'm so sorry Domi didn't nail him...

Me Idiot isnt exactly the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Matt13 03-10-2005 04:00 PM

Bill Guerin is the best player in the league.

Albi 03-11-2005 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt13

And Bush wife is the sexiest woman on the planet...

GoneFullHextall 03-11-2005 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
And Bush wife is the sexiest woman on the planet...

LMFAO

Albi 03-11-2005 03:10 AM

Instead of laughing, go get some sleep buddy...:D

Reaper45 03-11-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

One of the best power forwards yes....but the guy is an assclown....

Matt13 03-11-2005 10:21 AM

What he does off the ice doesnt bother me. Other then the time he tried to chop the rookie in half with his stick, I cant see why anyone would hate him. He is in the top 5 players that score, play D and fight, and that you cant deny.

Reaper45 03-11-2005 10:21 AM

Quote:

What he does off the ice doesnt bother me. Other then the time he tried to chop the rookie in half with his stick, I cant see why anyone would hate him. He is in the top 5 players that score, play D and fight, and that you cant deny.

I'd love to have him on the team but the dude is a nut.

Matt13 03-11-2005 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
I'd love to have him on the team but the dude is a nut.

This team needs a nut like Guerin.

Old Hickory 03-11-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

This team needs a nut like Guerin.

This team needs a guy like Doan. Guerin has worn out his welcome on every team he has been on.

Face Wash 03-11-2005 10:49 AM

I found this quip very interesting:

If you're wondering how big a draw Derian Hatcher, Chris Chelios, Brian Smolinski and Sean Avery are with the UHL's Motor City (Detroit) Mechanics, consider this: They played home games last Friday and Saturday. Attendance was 1,535 and 2,204, respectively, in a 3,300-seat rink. That tells us that Detroit isn't HockeyTown but rather Red Wings Town.

Besides the fact these hypocrits (And yes, I just called "Smoke" a hypocrit) are taking jobs from hardworking lesser talented players, they're doing it under a salary cap far more restrictive than anything they refuse to agree to in the NHL. Now they're finding out that the hottest hotbed for professional hockey (Detroit, MI) doesn't really give a rip about them... Kinda tells you something about how obstinent the players have become.

I can't wait for replacement players. I really can't....

Reaper45 03-11-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
This team needs a guy like Doan. Guerin has worn out his welcome on every team he has been on.

Yeah but theres no chance in hell we'd ever be able to land Captain Coyote....

Old Hickory 03-11-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
I found this quip very interesting:

If you're wondering how big a draw Derian Hatcher, Chris Chelios, Brian Smolinski and Sean Avery are with the UHL's Motor City (Detroit) Mechanics, consider this: They played home games last Friday and Saturday. Attendance was 1,535 and 2,204, respectively, in a 3,300-seat rink. That tells us that Detroit isn't HockeyTown but rather Red Wings Town.

Besides the fact these hypocrits (And yes, I just called "Smoke" a hypocrit) are taking jobs from hardworking lesser talented players, they're doing it under a salary cap far more restrictive than anything they refuse to agree to in the NHL. Now they're finding out that the hottest hotbed for professional hockey (Detroit, MI) doesn't really give a rip about them... Kinda tells you something about how obstinent the players have become.

I can't wait for replacement players. I really can't....

Agreed.

I did read somewhere else on HF that those attendace figures has been disputed by the Mechanics and that their attendance was much higher,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Yeah but theres no chance in hell we'd ever be able to land Captain Coyote....

Concur with this post

Matt13 03-11-2005 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn

ive never read that, but you are the man in the know.

Venom_17 03-11-2005 11:32 AM

What exactly is the prob with Guerin? Not saying I like the guy, I'm indifferent. Just wondering what the mad hate is for.

Matt13 03-11-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17
What exactly is the prob with Guerin? Not saying I like the guy, I'm indifferent. Just wondering what the mad hate is for.

he probably made Albi's favorite player cry.

Old Hickory 03-11-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Mad hate is a little extreme. I am a fan of Guerin. Some stuff has surfaced that he isn't the most popluar guy in his teams locker rooms. As much crap as Allison has gotten , I thought it was only fair to mention Guerin.

LadyByngJeanRatelle 03-11-2005 12:09 PM

Quote:

Just listen to the crap that has come out of his mouth concerning the lockout. Saying the NFL players were screwed in their CBA deal. How NFL players hate their deal and want to get out of it. How the NHL has the strongest union in the world, and they won't break. (on the fan 590 a couple months ago)

The NFLPA has repeatedly stated the salary cap system works in the NFL and will keep to renew the deal.

(Of course I have no links, so take it with a grain of salt).

Matt13 03-11-2005 12:10 PM

Guerin has his name on the cup.

Most every team he plays for makes the playoffs year in and year out.

To not want him on your team is crazy. There are plenty of so called people who are not popular in the locker room. Most of the time they are winners.

Matt13 03-11-2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyByngJeanRatelle
Just listen to the crap that has come out of his mouth concerning the lockout. Saying the NFL players were screwed in their CBA deal. How NFL players hate their deal and want to get out of it. How the NHL has the strongest union in the world, and they won't break. (on the fan 590 a couple months ago)

The NFLPA has repeatedly stated the salary cap system works in the NFL and will keep to renew the deal.

(Of course I have no links, so take it with a grain of salt).

lappy was outspoken about this too in an article. everyone still seems to think he is cool.

I am not sure how the cap in the NFL works, but I cant see how those guys would hate it considering the bonuses they get.

Guerin is also a businessman. He didnt get an 8 million dollar a year contract for his good looks. While I would never pay that as an owner, I certainly have to admire a man who can way overvalue his services.

KingPurpleDinosaur 03-11-2005 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

He didnt get an 8 million dollar a year contract for his good looks.

u sure about that?

Matt13 03-11-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
u sure about that?

lol, well maybe.

Tbagger 03-11-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Guerin has his name on the cup.

Most every team he plays for makes the playoffs year in and year out.

To not want him on your team is crazy. There are plenty of so called people who are not popular in the locker room. Most of the time they are winners.

I've heard you're pretty popular in the locker room.

Matt13 03-11-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbagger
I've heard you're pretty popular in the locker room.

Thats cause I put out though.