HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Who is the BEST Center Phoenix Could Get for Keith Yandle? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337103)

rt 01-30-2013 11:49 AM

Who is the BEST Center Phoenix Could Get for Keith Yandle?

If for some crazy reason, the Coyotes lost their damn minds and decided to trade Keith Yandle for a center (I am in NO way advocating this, and I want Yandle to stay in Phoenix FOREVER), who is the best center they could get for him?

***I'm not interested in any packages where an NHL center is not the primary return. Don't bother posting any proposals without a legitimate NHL pivot as the centerpiece.***

Mithrandir 01-30-2013 11:53 AM

If O'Reilly re-signs soon, I could see one of Stastny/Duchene being realistic +/- on either side, depending which one.

Kershaw 01-30-2013 11:55 AM

Duchene for Yandle.

Bocephus86 01-30-2013 11:56 AM

Krejci

Though probably not any more if Dougie keeps it up. Off season maybe?

Lonewolfe2015 01-30-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 58679407)
Duchene for Yandle.

Duchene for OEL or he's not moving. He's gotten a lot better this year and along with EJ/Varly are the least of Colorado's concerns.

I'd say for the OP if the Avs have to move or decide to move a center, O'Reilly/Stastny as the basis of a deal for Yandle (still) makes sense.

Vic Vinegar 01-30-2013 11:58 AM

Paul Stastny?

OCPenguin 01-30-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 58679545)
Duchene for OEL or he's not moving. He's gotten a lot better this year and along with EJ/Varly are the least of Colorado's concerns.

I'd say for the OP if the Avs have to move or decide to move a center, O'Reilly/Stastny as the basis of a deal for Yandle (still) makes sense.

No offense, but I think you need a reality check. Duchene isn't worth OE-L. No chance.

rt 01-30-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 58679741)
No offense, but I think you need a reality check. Duchene isn't worth OE-L. No chance.

Thread isn't about OEL.

CoachBadkitten 01-30-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 58679741)

He never said he was.

Goulet17 01-30-2013 12:10 PM

I have a high opinion of Yandle and I think he would have a high trade value.

In terms of Colorado, I think they would be unlikely to move Duchene and more likely to move Stastny or ROR. I am not sure either Stastny or ROR would be enough for Phoenix.

dubplatepressure 01-30-2013 12:13 PM

Michael Grabosskie.

But seriously, could see Colorado showing lots of interest for ROR.

OCPenguin 01-30-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 58679755)
Thread isn't about OEL.

His comment - Duchene for OEL, or he isn't leaving.

No, its not about OEL, but he opened the door. That is what I was responding to.

rt 01-30-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 58680377)
His comment - Duchene for OEL, or he isn't leaving.

No, its not about OEL, but he opened the door. That is what I was responding to.

I didn't mean to single your post out. Yours was just the most recent in which the name of the other Phoenix defenseman was mentioned. Just trying to nip that in the bud.

Jame 01-30-2013 12:34 PM

Ennis

OCPenguin 01-30-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 58680897)
I didn't mean to single your post out. Yours was just the most recent in which the name of the other Phoenix defenseman was mentioned. Just trying to nip that in the bud.

Got it

FunkyChicken 01-30-2013 12:36 PM

I believe this is where I'm supposed to jump in with a Gagner plus offer...

Flyers look like the best match with a couple young centers and a need for D.

Pierce Hawthorne 01-30-2013 12:48 PM

The fact that two of the first replies in this thread were Duchene is very :facepalm:.

Clearly some of you have not watched him play this year. I wouldn't move him for OEL at this point. But that's for a different discussion.

I think the Yotes Dmen have become pretty overrated lately. Any Dman can look incredibly talented in a system like the Coyotes system. Look at Ryan Suter since he left Nashville. That's not to say Yandle isn't good, but he wouldn't be nearly as good on a more offensive team, or any team that doesn't play a strong trap game like the Yotes.

I think Yandle could probably fetch the likes of say Jeff Skinner, Ryan Oreilly, David Krejci but I think the team that aquires Yandle would be disappointed in the deal.

416Leafer 01-30-2013 12:50 PM

Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Boston: Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin - Krejci would be the available one
Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
SJ: Thornton/Pavelski/Couture - Pavelski's the only one I could see them moving
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.

cobra427 01-30-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avsare1 (Post 58682133)
The fact that two of the first replies in this thread were Duchene is very :facepalm:.

Clearly some of you have not watched him play this year. I wouldn't move him for OEL at this point. But that's for a different discussion.

I think the Yotes Dmen have become pretty overrated lately. Any Dman can look incredibly talented in a system like the Coyotes system. Look at Ryan Suter since he left Nashville. That's not to say Yandle isn't good, but he wouldn't be nearly as good on a more offensive team, or any team that doesn't play a strong trap game like the Yotes.

I think Yandle could probably fetch the likes of say Jeff Skinner, Ryan Oreilly, David Krejci but I think the team that aquires Yandle would be disappointed in the deal.

I think you have it backwards. Yandle is likely held back offensively in Tip's system, having to be responsible more so. On another team with a more open offense and better weapons, I think he would rack up more points.

YP44 01-30-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 416Leafer (Post 58682235)
Well realistically you have to look at teams that have an expendable top C or top C prospect. That doesn't leave very many.

Colorado: Stastny/Duchene/RoR - Any of them could probably be had depending on the +/- to the deal
Philly: Giroux/Schenn/Couturier - Schenns not enough, Giroux is untouchable, so maybe Courturier. Though I'm sure Philly fans would flat out refuse.
Carolina: Staal/Staal/Skinner - Skinner could maybe be acquired. Carolina could use a top D. Though I think he's mostly played wing at the NHL level.
LA: Kopitar/Richards/Carter - They would probably want to move Carter out of those 3. Kopitar would be a no-deal.

No chance of them moving Kopitar. Maybe if they miss the playoffs they offer Carter+ for him. Although I would have a hard time beleivet the two divisional teams wouls make good trade partners. Would love to see Yandle in LA though.

cobra427 01-30-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Krejci makes the most sense for both teams, many reasons...

hockeyball 01-30-2013 12:59 PM

Not a chance we are trading Pav's at this point. He's part of the hottest line in the NHL, a big part, he's not available unless we start sucking.

While I wouldn't mind having Yandle to replace Boyle in a couple years, it's not an immediate need.

416Leafer 01-30-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 58682529)
No chance of them moving Kopitar. Maybe if they miss the playoffs they offer Carter+ for him. Although I would have a hard time beleivet the two divisional teams wouls make good trade partners. Would love to see Yandle in LA though.

That's why I said "Kopitar would be a no-deal".

I listed the depth for each team in centres on the left, and then explained which one(s) I thought could be available for Yandle on the right.

Carter for Yandle (LA would have to add) would likely help both teams. Yandle+Doughty on LAs PP?

416Leafer 01-30-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra427 (Post 58682545)
Krejci makes the most sense for both teams, many reasons...

I think Krejci or one of Colorados centres probably make the "most" sense.

Boston would have to add a small piece to Krejci to make it a fair deal, but it's not terribly far off in value.

Goulet17 01-30-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

I think it is really hard to envision Colorado trading Duchene at the moment. Stastny is a UFA in 2014 and ROR is unsiged. I don't believe Colorado intends to bring Stastny back.