HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: MTL and CGY (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337107)

Remember2004 01-30-2013 11:59 AM

MTL and CGY
 
So most fan bases know about Eller and Backlund both being same age both being drafted in same year and both not meeting expectations of each fan base from what I'm seeing. How about a straight across trade?

Eller for Backlund?

Eller has 166GP 25G 22A 47P

Backlund has 142GP 17G 32A 49P

Looking at that Backlund "looks" better more points less games

played would it help both players if they got a change in scenery?

I know Eller already got traded from the Blues but he didn't get any

games except for 2. Thoughts?

johnnystormcgy 01-30-2013 12:03 PM

I pretty sure I remember Darryl Sutter targeting Eller in that draft, he got Backlund as consolation prize, Backlund seems to be playing well this season, so Flames fans will stick with him. Just out of curiosity what has Ellers role been on the Habs? 2nd line/3rd line? Whos his linemates?

le_sean 01-30-2013 12:04 PM

That's simply a lateral move, I don't think there's much of a point.

Habs 4 Life 01-30-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystormcgy (Post 58679821)
I pretty sure I remember Darryl Sutter targeting Eller in that draft, he got Backlund as consolation prize, Backlund seems to be playing well this season, so Flames fans will stick with him. Just out of curiosity what has Ellers role been on the Habs? 2nd line/3rd line? Whos his linemates?

Started on the 3rd line but was removed from the lineup after a bad game against the Leafs. Now is on the 2nd line wing playing along side Desharnais and Cole(taking Pacioretty spot)

tmurfin 01-30-2013 12:07 PM

No thanks.. I like Eller but Backlund is finally putting it together under Hartley, complete different player this season. I'd like to see how he does for the rest of this season.

Remember2004 01-30-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmurfin (Post 58680013)
No thanks.. I like Eller but Backlund is finally putting it together under Hartley, complete different player this season. I'd like to see how he does for the rest of this season.

Yeah Backlund has 3 pts in 4 games but this is the season where he has to play for his contract.

Sparky93 01-30-2013 12:14 PM

It's probably pretty even value but Backlund seems to have ramped up his game, haven't really seen Eller. I wouldn't feel comfortable moving Backlund, at this point.

spuzzum 01-30-2013 12:17 PM

Pass from Calgary. Backlund has shown vast improvements this year. Playing in Europe seems to have really boosted his confidence.

western redmen 01-30-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remember2004 (Post 58680321)
Yeah Backlund has 3 pts in 4 games but this is the season where he has to play for his contract.

He was playing for it last year as well, he has tons of confidence right now, now reason to trade him when he is playing well

Devilspuppet666 01-30-2013 12:23 PM

NO! backlunds been great, playing with alot of confidence... hes been a top 6 center this season

i would rather stick with backlund and see how he progresses

TheHudlinator 01-30-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remember2004 (Post 58679589)
So most fan bases know about Eller and Backlund both being same age both being drafted in same year and both not meeting expectations of each fan base from what I'm seeing. How about a straight across trade?

Eller for Backlund?

Eller has 166GP 25G 22A 47P

Backlund has 142GP 17G 32A 49P

Looking at that Backlund "looks" better more points less games

played would it help both players if they got a change in scenery?

I know Eller already got traded from the Blues but he didn't get any

games except for 2. Thoughts?

This makes no sense Backlund isn't worse than Eller and has found is game this year, Eller hasn't looked as good to start this year. For the Flames Backlund>Eller.

blankall 01-30-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remember2004 (Post 58680321)
Yeah Backlund has 3 pts in 4 games but this is the season where he has to play for his contract.

Effort has never been the issue with Backlund. This being his "contract year" is not the reason for his current success.

Both Eller and Backlund have had fairly similar careers thus far. Backlund, however, seems to be turning a corner and has good chemistry with Baertschi. Meanwhile, Eller is off to a bad start. There is absolutely no reason for the Flames to make this deal at this point.

This would have made a good "change of scenery" trade last year, but right now Backlund is working for the Flames.

SmellOfVictory 01-30-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blankall (Post 58682199)
This would have made a good "change of scenery" trade last year, but right now Backlund is working for the Flames.

I know I'm in the minority, but I even disagree with this - Backlund has been very solid as of last season and I wouldn't have even wanted a "change of scenery" trade then. He wasn't putting up numbers, but he was very effective overall.

YMCMBYOLO 01-30-2013 02:44 PM

The value is there, but I'm liking so far what Backlund is bringing to the table, so I'd have to say no.

Godot 01-30-2013 04:35 PM

Neither team would do this. It's a lateral move.

Captain Wolverine 01-30-2013 04:44 PM

Meh, lateral move. Besides, if Montreal moves Eller, it would be to bolster an area of weakness.

jarome 01-30-2013 05:58 PM

Pass from the flames.

You usually only make lateral moves if you feel like the player you have is struggling and needs a change of scenery. I like what eller brings to the table but backlund is on an entirely different level than he was last year and is showing signs of that top 6 centre the flames drafted him to be. I'm surprised a flames fan made this thread tbh.

Lemons 01-30-2013 05:59 PM

Habs fan here.



Backlund > Eller


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.