HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Luongo Thread: Cory Who? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337129)

Mr. Canucklehead 01-30-2013 12:25 PM

The Luongo Thread: Cory Who?

Last one was approaching 1,000 posts.

Continue here.

Fat Tony 01-30-2013 12:30 PM

Nice going, Mr. Canucklehead. Now I've lost my train of thought.

Dental plan...

HAMMY5 01-30-2013 12:32 PM

MG Pull the trigger already!

sobrio 01-30-2013 12:37 PM

I'm fine running both goalies. I'm in Gillis's court, if there isn't something coming back that improves the team right now it would be foolish to let either goalie go. Imo the teams that are having to rely heavily on their number one goaltender in a shortened season are going to pay a heavy price down the stretch.

professorchaos 01-30-2013 12:39 PM

Agree with Hammy. Who cares if the return is a single season rental and futures, the team should be concentrating on replacing Rick Bowness with a defensive coach who doesn't have his head up his rear-end.

sobrio 01-30-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professorchaos (Post 58681755)
Agree with Hammy. Who cares if the return is a single season rental and futures, the team should be concentrating on replacing Rick Bowness with a defensive coach who doesn't have his head up his rear-end.

We've had some of the best defensive production and defensively responsible forwards I've seen in years of my being a Canucks fan.

professorchaos 01-30-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENuck (Post 58682407)
We've had some of the best defensive production and defensively responsible forwards I've seen in years of my being a Canucks fan.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

sobrio 01-30-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professorchaos (Post 58682501)
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

You don't like the defensive coach's handling of Edler's and Tanev's development as an example?

Timmer44 01-30-2013 01:12 PM

Best title effort yet.

professorchaos 01-30-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENuck (Post 58682691)
You don't like the defensive coach's handling of Edler's and Tanev's development as an example?

Strawman defence? Bowness, is that you?

vanwest 01-30-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

The Jennings trophy is also in part attributable to his handling of the defence.

Huntershin Karuk 01-30-2013 01:26 PM

DENTAL PLAN

This **** needs to end already.

sobrio 01-30-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professorchaos (Post 58683863)
Strawman defence? Bowness, is that you?

That's your rebuttal?

You might want to peruse the HFboards archives before Bowness (and Alain Vigneault) arrived for perspective. As a former solid winger Bowness has also instilled a positive change in the forwards mentality and their defensive responsibilities.

Maybe you should start a Fire Rick Bowness thread to vent your angst.

professorchaos 01-30-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 58684067)
The Jennings trophy is also in part attributable to his handling of the defence.

Guess we should keep him then, since a President Trophy winning team won this award two years ago. :help:

professorchaos 01-30-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENuck (Post 58684675)
That's your rebuttal?

You might want to peruse the HFboards archives before Bowness (and Alain Vigneault) arrived for perspective. As a former solid winger Bowness has also instilled a positive change in the forwards mentality and their defensive responsibilities.

Maybe you should start a Fire Rick Bowness thread to vent your angst.

Yes that is my rebuttal.

I don't have to or want to peruse any HFboard archives concerning Bowness, he handles team defence, I watch the games.

If you didn't want to hear my angst, why did you reply?

sobrio 01-30-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanwest (Post 58684067)

Yep, the team with the fewest goals against.

vanwest 01-30-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professorchaos (Post 58684787)
Guess we should keep him then, since a President Trophy winning team won this award two years ago. :help:

Agreed. He's done a good job. In part the President Trophies are attributable to him as well.
Anyways, I don't want to derail the Luongo thread any further.

Eddy Punch Clock 01-30-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Tony (Post 58681273)
Nice going, Mr. Canucklehead. Now I've lost my train of thought.

Dental plan...

Lisa needs braces...

KISSland 01-30-2013 01:44 PM

:laugh:

Dental plan!

sobrio 01-30-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by professorchaos (Post 58684917)
Yes that is my rebuttal.

I don't have to or want to peruse any HFboard archives concerning Bowness, he handles team defence, I watch the games.

Poster's responses would be far more informed and interesting if they understood the climate pre AV/Bowness in order to fairly assess them and what they have done to improve the franchise.

Quote:

If you didn't want to hear my angst, why did you reply?
I didn't claim I didn't want to hear your angst, albeit off topic, I suggested a new thread. I replied to you because I disagreed and it's a discussion board. :sarcasm:

Free Torts 01-30-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figz14 (Post 58685143)
:laugh:

Dental plan!

..Kassian needs braces!

PRNuck 01-30-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkP (Post 58685793)
..Kassian needs braces!

:laugh: And hair plugs before long. But we love him anyway.

y2kcanucks 01-30-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkP (Post 58685793)
..Kassian needs braces!

Where's my burrito?!? Where's my burrito?!? Where's my burrito?!?

PRNuck 01-30-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

At the risk of getting caught in the crossfire here, I'm not sure I like the handling of these guys' development at all. Edler has obviously progressed beautifully offensively, but I'd argue that since the first two games of the Blackhawks series he's regressed defensively. And I'm not sure I'd say Tanev's developed at all. He just kind of arrived ready to go. Remarkable, really.

Just realized this is the Luongo thread, thought this was the fire AV thread, sorry for going further OT!

Todds Chiropractory 01-30-2013 02:03 PM

Just posted this is the main board topic, may as well spread my opinion here too.

It was a foregone conclusion that Schneider would be traded in favour of Luongo until the last 2 games of the playoffs last season. And all this Luongo speculation really arose out of that being the most recent sample that we had in our heads and we had a long summer to talk about it with no other games to swing our opinion. But really its something that happened multiple times across the course of the season. Each of them got hot at different times and AV rode the hot hand, sure playoff games are a larger magnitude than regular season games; I understand that, but I don't think the conclusion that Luongo is getting the axe in Vancouver is as cut and dry as the media portrays it to be. And Luongo getting the 2nd straight start tonight is a perfect example of that, again AV is playing the goalie that is giving him the best chance to win, and right now that is Luongo. And over the course of the season if AV feels Luongo gives his team a better shot at a championship, he isn't going anywhere.