HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Cody Eakin Appreciation Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337131)

piqued 01-30-2013 12:27 PM

Cody Eakin Appreciation Thread

This is a positive thread where we talk about my new favorite Dallas Star, Cody Eakin.

BigG44 01-30-2013 12:32 PM

.... from the ashes of one of your previous favorite Stars. That was pretty convenient for you. Only thing that can make the trade better for you is if Winther keeps developing that scoring touch and can become a legitimate Top 9 prospect while winning your heart.

piqued 01-30-2013 12:34 PM

That trade temporarily broke my brain. I was so sad to see Ribs go, yet Eakin was one of my favorite prospects outside of the organization. I didn't know how to react.

eartotheground 01-30-2013 12:34 PM

i approve this message. and i approve seeing eakin on the PP.

Ampersand 01-30-2013 12:36 PM

I don't think Eriksson has been getting enough love. He has more heart than just about everyone, and has been producing points or scoring chances in every game I've seen.

BigG44 01-30-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ampersand (Post 58681585)
I don't think Eriksson has been getting enough love. He has more heart than just about everyone, and has been producing points or scoring chances in every game I've seen.

Dammit ..... positive posts only about Eakin!!! Take that Eriksson trash elsewhere.

:sarcasm:

ReverendAlBundy 01-30-2013 12:48 PM

Won't be a bit surprised if Eakin starts next season with an A.

Frozen Failure 01-30-2013 01:00 PM

Eakin is a better center than Jamie Benn.

TrillMike 01-30-2013 01:01 PM

FrEAKIN really like Eakin.

Nemeth 01-30-2013 01:22 PM

souless

Stars99Lobo37 01-30-2013 01:27 PM

Gotta love the Ginger.

Nemeth 01-30-2013 01:46 PM

just joking :) Eakin has been great, definitely a future #2 center if he keeps up his play. Faska right now is projected to be a #2 center as well, so it'll be interesting to see if Faska or Eakin gets traded in 2-3 years.

Cin 01-30-2013 02:12 PM

I love him so much that I'd throw him up as our #1 right now with Benn on his wing. Tell me it wouldn't work.

The more time Eakin gets in a game, the bigger he plays.

#1C potential if you ask me.

Eriksson-Eakin-Benn. Look out.

WhoahNow 01-30-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsfan17 (Post 58685239)
just joking :) Eakin has been great, definitely a future #2 center if he keeps up his play. Faska right now is projected to be a #2 center as well, so it'll be interesting to see if Faska or Eakin gets traded in 2-3 years.

Or just have great center depth that you can roll lines with and break up matchups. It'd be awesome to have 3 dependable scoring line centers that you can send out in any situation. Benn, Faska, and Eakin if they all pan out look to be dependable two way players that could produce.

ElGuapo 01-30-2013 02:16 PM

I'll say this, Eakin has made me question my intense hatred of gingers. :sarcasm: Much soul searching to do.

piqued 01-30-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cin (Post 58686623)
I love him so much that I'd throw him up as our #1 right now with Benn on his wing. Tell me it wouldn't work.

The more time Eakin gets in a game, the bigger he plays.

#1C potential if you ask me.

Eriksson-Eakin-Benn. Look out.

No. Eakin has #2 potential. Benn's role as the #1 C is still far more important.

Cin 01-30-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 58687011)
No. Eakin has #2 potential. Benn's role as the #1 C is still far more important.

Sure does look a lot better than that. Still think Benn is a better winger than he is a center.

Not derailing your thread though. Love Eakin.

Stars99Lobo37 01-30-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoahNow (Post 58686643)
Or just have great center depth that you can roll lines with and break up matchups. It'd be awesome to have 3 dependable scoring line centers that you can send out in any situation. Benn, Faska, and Eakin if they all pan out look to be dependable two way players that could produce.

After what we've dealt with past couple of years......this sounds amazing if they all turn out the way we expect.

KiedisA 01-30-2013 04:19 PM

He's been so good that I'm starting to believe that's his real level and not just a guy whos fighting for a place in the team.. Hopefully he can keep it up even further into the season.

glovesave_35 01-30-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 58687011)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cin (Post 58687121)
Sure does look a lot better than that. Still think Benn is a better winger than he is a center.

I think you're both right. If Eakin ends up as a #2 center I think he'll be one of the better ones in the league, the type who would be #1 on a number of teams. The way I see it happening is late in games/tight situations we'll see Eakin taking faceoffs between Benn and Eriksson.

On point, I really like Eakin the more I watch him. He plays that gritty two-way style with high hockey IQ you love to see. I doubt we'll see him with a letter next season but he looks like a core part moving forward.

LatvianTwist 01-30-2013 10:16 PM

Maybe the Bergeron comparisons weren't as far off as we thought...

Pohlow 01-30-2013 10:23 PM

So what happens to Derek Roy? He has been one of my favorites this year based on his speed. Are we letting him go or do you think we will re sign him?

DaStars99 01-31-2013 03:32 AM

I certainly hope we re sign him. It's still early and eakin is doing great but I want a little more insurance

English stars fan 01-31-2013 04:16 AM

I still can't believe that if Eakin pans out we'll have gone from having terrible center depth to really nice depth (at the NHL level anyway)

Would love to keep Roy but would be a great shame to see Eakin playing bottom six minutes. It honestly seems as though he has genuine 1b potential.

Shift Benn back to wing next season?

Benn-Roy-Eriksson
Whitney-Eakin-Fraser/Smith

That's assuming we don't resign Jagr or Ryder (though I wouldn't mind if we did)

LatvianTwist 01-31-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by English stars fan (Post 58733919)
I still can't believe that if Eakin pans out we'll have gone from having terrible center depth to really nice depth (at the NHL level anyway)

Would love to keep Roy but would be a great shame to see Eakin playing bottom six minutes. It honestly seems as though he has genuine 1b potential.

Shift Benn back to wing next season?

Benn-Roy-Eriksson
Whitney-Eakin-Fraser/Smith

That's assuming we don't resign Jagr or Ryder (though I wouldn't mind if we did)

Would rather have LA's problem than Chicago's.

And Eakin hasn't proved he's worth it to push Benn to the wing yet. Looks like he could, but I wanna see him play like this for a full season. We'd also need a 3rd line center to take his place, which we don't seem to have at the moment (Faksa should probably be able to fill that hole once he's ready).

So in 2-3 years (I know this is pointless, but whatever):

Benn - Roy - Eriksson
Chiasson - Eakin - Fraser
Stransky/Ritchie - Faksa - R. Smith

But there's no telling which of those wingers turns out and which ones bust. Something along those lines, though.