HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Keith Aulie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337235)

blueNwhite89 01-30-2013 02:44 PM

Keith Aulie

Leafs fan dropping by to see how Aulie has progressed since being dealt to you guys. How has he been doing in that 3rd pairing role? Always thought he'd pan out as a solid defenseman.

The Macho Man 01-30-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLblue75 (Post 58688253)
Leafs fan dropping by to see how Aulie has progressed since being dealt to you guys. How has he been doing in that 3rd pairing role? Always thought he'd pan out as a solid defenseman.

He's been stellar. Really noticeable out there in a good way. Physically he knocks people around, pretty good positionally, and isn't a complete slouch in the offensive zone, either. We're fortunate enough to have three pairings right now that are solid defensively, and he's definitely been a bright spot. If I had to guess, I think his ceiling is a solid second pairing guy, which he may get the chance to prove in a year or two.

LightningStrikes 01-30-2013 02:58 PM

In one word: Outstanding. I thought he was awful when he came to us last season but his stint in Syracuse has been great for him. He's smart, sound positionally, he's playing the body and he's even contributing offensively.

How's Carter Ashton looking for you guys? I haven't seen him play but his numbers with the Marlies aren't that great... :dunno:

Stammer Time 01-30-2013 04:14 PM

I wasn't thrilled with the trade but Aulie has been outstanding.

Drouined My Career 01-30-2013 10:50 PM

Adding to this. He has played so confident and is even poised with the puck. Very happy with his progression since we acquired him.

Vasilevskiy 01-31-2013 08:35 AM

Very pleasant surprise this season after a not promising stint last year here

Rschmitz 01-31-2013 10:42 AM

He's seemed to have patched up his weak point, which was skating ability. We haven't had his type of physical presence in the lineup in a long time, been a real treat to watch.

RussianGuyovich 01-31-2013 12:11 PM

keith aulie is real cool imo

BayStBully 02-08-2013 05:16 AM

Leafs fan here, in peace lol. Out of curiosity, how is Muhammad Aulie doing? I know he struggled last year.

Vasilevskiy 02-08-2013 09:15 AM

Much better

CC321 02-08-2013 12:54 PM

He worked on handling the puck better when he was in the A. I think that improved his confidence.

Tampacuseforever 02-08-2013 01:37 PM

Never understood why the Leafs gave up on a young defensemen with that size. While he looked a bit out of place last year, he's been an excellent addition to the defense core this year. He's developed a mean streak I don't think he really had in the past.

HeavyHammer 02-08-2013 02:05 PM

Am I the only one who liked him last year? :laugh: I loved that trade the second I heard about it.

I'm not saying I thought he played great last season, or that I knew he was going to be a good player.

I just thought he was a very worthwhile "project" to take on, and Ashton was somewhat expendable for us anyways (although I liked him too).

Aulie's play this year has def been surprising. I think most of us thought he would improve over last year, just not as much as he did.

Stammer Time 02-08-2013 03:05 PM

For the Leaf fans, what happened to Carter Ashton? I'd expect a lot more from a former first round pick than 15 points in 41 games in the AHL.

HoseEmDown 02-08-2013 03:49 PM

I think a lot credit for Aulie's success belongs to his outstanding D partner Brian Lee.