HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Speculation: Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1337249)

TherapyforGlencross 01-30-2013 02:51 PM

Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread
 
Post any proposals that you have made or any trade rumors.

To start off:

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance

Quote:

Teams around the league very aware of Andrei Loktionov's availability. Currently not much interest in him out there.
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP

Quote:

League source who knows talent: Loktionov can definitely play in NHL, Kings depth at C is glass ceiling

What could the Flames get for him?

TheHudlinator 01-30-2013 03:15 PM

I don't see where Lotionov fits right now he isn't amazingly defensively I don't think I would be willing to give up what I think the Kings would want.

TherapyforGlencross 01-30-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 58689921)
I don't see where Lotionov fits right now he isn't amazingly defensively I don't think I would be willing to give up what I think the Kings would want.

I don't think that the Kings would be asking for too much. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd?

DBU 01-30-2013 03:51 PM

Some guy on the main board proposed Loktionov + Bernier for Bouwmeester and a pick. :facepalm:

TherapyforGlencross 01-30-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Sauce (Post 58691697)
Some guy on the main board proposed Loktionov + Bernier for Bouwmeester and a pick. :facepalm:

And the Boumeester hate continues...

Svensational 01-30-2013 04:08 PM

I wouldn't make any changes to the team right now. If we play like we did against the OIlers we will be OK. (minus the PK) I am impressed by Stajan. He has basically no pressure on him now. He's played above my expectations so far. If he keeps it up, he could be a guy used at deadline in a bigger trade.

Flames92 01-30-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svensational (Post 58692625)
I wouldn't make any changes to the team right now. If we play like we did against the OIlers we will be OK. (minus the PK) I am impressed by Stajan. He has basically no pressure on him now. He's played above my expectations so far. If he keeps it up, he could be a guy used at deadline in a bigger trade.

Thats if they don't have cap issues and are willing to take his 3.5M. Hes playing great, but at that price I dont know if theres that much demand for him.

TheHudlinator 01-30-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 58692773)
Thats if they don't have cap issues and are willing to take his 3.5M. Hes playing great, but at that price I dont know if theres that much demand for him.

We can eat half his caphit and pay so a team would only have to worry about 1.75 mil, Stajan is easily worth that.

TheHudlinator 01-30-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesrule (Post 58691405)
I don't think that the Kings would be asking for too much. Maybe a 2nd or a 3rd?

I refuse to trade another 2nd rounder, I could live with a 3rd(assuming its next years) but where does he play and I think another could beat it.

tfong 01-30-2013 04:50 PM

Loki is a top 6 or bust player, not sure where you would put him. Highly skilled slightly smaller guy that likes to pass. Probably akin to Hudler really.

Calculon 01-30-2013 05:06 PM

The abundance of top-9 forwards on the Flames, so much so that the team can't even find a proper spot for it's best prospect in Baertschi, makes the acquisition of tweener like Loktianov unlikely. Even if it does look like he has NHL talent, and perhaps better offensive potential than Horak.

Any trade therefore would have to see at least one forward roster player shipped out as well. Those candidates being Comeau or Stempniak.

tfong 01-30-2013 05:41 PM

Stemps has pretty high value currently, if we dont make the playoffs he should fetch something nice.

But we really don't want anymore 2nd/3rd line players, imo we have an abundance of those.

Flames92 01-30-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 58693833)
We can eat half his caphit and pay so a team would only have to worry about 1.75 mil, Stajan is easily worth that.

If the deal is right I wouldn't hesitate to do this. But I don't wana eat up almost 2M if its just an average deal

TheHudlinator 01-30-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 58702529)
If the deal is right I wouldn't hesitate to do this. But I don't wana eat up almost 2M if its just an average deal

He is only signed for 1 more year I won't really care as we would have almost 16 million free with only Backlund,Brodie,Cervenka,Iginla and a backup goalie to sign and all together should be about 12 million.

Flames92 01-30-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 58704675)
He is only signed for 1 more year I won't really care as we would have almost 16 million free with only Backlund,Brodie,Cervenka,Iginla and a backup goalie to sign and all together should be about 12 million.

True, I have no concern about resigning our players, I would however like some extra $ for a possible free agent.. Although if the deal is right I wouldn't hesitate.

MarkGio 01-30-2013 09:44 PM

I wonder what kind of hometown discount we would see from Iginla if he resigns.

Johnny Hoxville 01-30-2013 10:26 PM

I'm going to predict Iginla's next contract is a 3yr deal at 6, 5.5, and 5 million per.

I'd like Loktionov, but right now we don't have the assets to make that deal. If the Flames moved some players out for futures, prior to the deadline (Stemps, Stajan, Babchuk, Butler), then we would have some assets to make a deal with the Kings. The don't need players right now, they would want futures. Again the problem is Tanguay is our only veteran guy down the middle and he's not really all that experienced there.

I could see Feaster having interest as he was interested in Turris and Loktionov is the age that I think Feaster would like as he is young and NHL right now.

Noori 01-30-2013 10:36 PM

I'm not in a rush for the Flames to make a move right now. With how much roster turnover we've had, I think it's best to let the pieces fall where they may. We're not in a position to sell because our expiring UFA players are little more than fourth liners and reserve defensemen. We're not in a position to buy either. Let the season play out and see which players can be part of the solution moving forward and which players need to be off the team next fall.

MarkGio 01-31-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 58719497)
I'm going to predict Iginla's next contract is a 3yr deal at 6, 5.5, and 5 million per.

I'd like Loktionov, but right now we don't have the assets to make that deal. If the Flames moved some players out for futures, prior to the deadline (Stemps, Stajan, Babchuk, Butler), then we would have some assets to make a deal with the Kings. The don't need players right now, they would want futures. Again the problem is Tanguay is our only veteran guy down the middle and he's not really all that experienced there.

I could see Feaster having interest as he was interested in Turris and Loktionov is the age that I think Feaster would like as he is young and NHL right now.

I think if Iginla resigns with the Flames, he'd take a Tangauy type of contract. 2 years with an average of 3.5 - 4 million. I think Iginla knows you need cap space to build a successful club and Iginla would look at guys like Tangauy and Glencross when accepting a contract.

TheHudlinator 01-31-2013 11:46 AM

Zach Boychuck claimed by Pitts.

BVicious 01-31-2013 02:32 PM

I bet Feaster waits until Jerome makes his decision. Unless something crazy pops up on waiver wire, we can really trade anybody away under contract if Iggy leaves. He wll bring us picks and prospects at the most. If u trade Stempniak we all of a sudden don't have any RW.

I say stand pat unless the #1 center becomes available. Even then other teams like TOR have more to offer to fill that need.

Johnny Hoxville 01-31-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 58739997)
I think if Iginla resigns with the Flames, he'd take a Tangauy type of contract. 2 years with an average of 3.5 - 4 million. I think Iginla knows you need cap space to build a successful club and Iginla would look at guys like Tangauy and Glencross when accepting a contract.

There is no way out of principle Iggy signs for less than 5. If he leads the team in points this year again he will be north of 5 maybe 6. The PA also heavily frowns on star players taking discounts like that.

Don't get me wrong I won't be complaining if it happens, but for everything Iggy has done for the Flames he is going to get a nice contract going into the end of his career.

Stewie Griffin 01-31-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 58764891)
There is no way out of principle Iggy signs for less than 5. If he leads the team in points this year again he will be north of 5 maybe 6. The PA also heavily frowns on star players taking discounts like that.

Don't get me wrong I won't be complaining if it happens, but for everything Iggy has done for the Flames he is going to get a nice contract going into the end of his career.

I think he might sign for between $4 & 5 million, but it wouldn't be for two years. It would be more like until he's 40.

Johnny Hoxville 01-31-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 58765491)
I think he might sign for between $4 & 5 million, but it wouldn't be for two years. It would be more like until he's 40.

That I could see, personally I'm expecting him to sign a 3 year with a higher cap. But if he signs a longer term deal for guaranteed money, that might be smart to. It would give him a lower cap hit and still allow him to get his money now.

Maybe something like: 6, 5, 5, 4, and 4. Cap hit equals 4.8 million, I like it.

TheHudlinator 01-31-2013 11:01 PM

Lets get it over with already and put this team down, move Iginla (don't want to) for Maatta +1st, Cammy for a defensemen from Nash and rights to Radulov, Kipper to TO for Reimer + Franson (still wish we had got Kadri this summer), move Gio for ROR

Tanguay - ROR - Radulov
Hudler - Stajan - Cervenka
Glencross - Backlund - Sven


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.